“Great local spot!”

Cuisines: American, Bar, Gastropub
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Great little hole in the wall place. Half bar, half eats. Tough to find (Good! Keeps the snowbirds away!) with no name on the building or door. Fun place inside with a piano and couches for hanging out and listening to guitars and other music. Service was great - very casual, but a fun atmosphere. The bar area is large and there are high tops as tables. Lots of locals...

Reviewed 1 October 2013

Just moved into the neighborhood and at the recommendation of the condo welcoming board, gave it a try. It is a lively, hip, neighborhood bar and restaurant with entertainment on the weekends. The crowd was of ALL ages and everyone was welcomed, no pretension here, everyone was mingling and having a good time. I even met the owner, who was as pleasant as could be, made sure I had a drink and everything was good and I saw him all through the night making sure everything was going right, which you don’t see in most of the “Avenue” bars and restaurants. The food was surprising more like a gastropub, wide variety and well done. The wine and alcohol selections were for everyone. Much to my surprise, when I was finished with my dinner and wine and wanted to move on to a good scotch, a tall, young blond haired surfer looking guy was unusually well informed and was able to assist me in a good choice…like I said, a pleasant surprise.

Reviewed 21 September 2013

We had high hopes for 3rd & 3rd but we were let down. When we pulled up the parking area was crowded which we took to be a good sign. We walked in and were greeted by the hostess who said it would be ~ 20-30 minutes until we could be seated. She was very friendly and apologetic. She told us we could have a seat at the bar and she would come get us. Only problem was that the bar was packed and absolutely nobody was going to let us sit. So we stood and waited. While waiting we noticed that the bar seemed to have more than it's fair share of 55+ men with their 25- sugar babies.

We were seated after 35 minutes. We got the worst table in the house. It was right at the intersection of the kitchen entrance door, the servers station, and the ice machine. I was bumped into by passing bar patrons and one server on several occasions.

Our server was friendly and prompt and took our orders quickly. We ordered chicken skewers and roasted cauliflower to start. The chicken was good, albeit a bit fatty. The cauliflower was drowned in a "parmesan" sauce. For entrees I had the braised spare ribs and my girlfriend had the seared scallops. The spare ribs were quite tender but a bit bland. They were served with polenta which was also somewhat bland. The portion was a decent size for the $14.00 price tag. My girlfriend's scallops, also $14.00, were another story. There were only two of them! I understand tapas sizing but 3rd & 3rd bills its portion sizes as being somewhere between tapas and entree size. In reality that seems to mean that they can't figure out how much food to put on each dish. We decided not to do desert since we were so unimpressed with the rest of the food.

All in all the staff is nice and the atmosphere would be nice to go have some cocktails but do yourself a favor if you're looking for a good meal and look elsewhere.

Reviewed 14 August 2013

We were just there for a drink and an appetizer. The wait staff was friendly and efficient, the humus was really good but when we asked for more bread (it only came with 4 tiny pieces in the first place) they brought 2 more. Very chintzy.

Reviewed 10 August 2013

After reading all the hype about this restaurant, we had to try it. Extremely noisy. A very limited menu with some unusual offering. Unfortunately our appetizers were served with our entrees. My wife ordered the beet salad which had a nice presentation but had a unique taste. I tried the frogs legs which were very good in spite of being deep-fried.

My wife ordered short ribs but got a short rib. I had the seared burger which is touted as the best, it was good not the best.