“Very good especially with a coupon”

Brasserie La Cigale
Ranked #50 of 412 Restaurants in Delray Beach
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: between 2nd & 3rd street
Description: La Cigale, a Taste of the Mediterranean has had a rebirth in downtown Delray Beach, Florida. Just south of busy Atlantic Avenue on Federal Highway you will be swept away to the sights and smells of the Mediterranean Coastline. Think of the French Riviera, Morocco, Greece, Italy and delight in the cuisines of each.
Vermont
“Very good especially with a coupon”
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

Very good food and excellent service and owner is very welcoming..High prices but a 50$ coupon made the dinner well worth it..Portions are huge so come with an appetite or split a first course.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Roger030

Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
“Excellent dinner, great service.”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Dinner in their private room with 4 couples, very comfortable. Would have rated higher yet French/Mediterranean are not my favorite, but everyone enjoyed immensely. I loved their pate' appetizer. I live on the Chesapeake Bay so I found their scallops a bit lacking but rich in taste with the florida shrimp. A simple dish but flavorful. My husband had the fresh fish which he said was excellent. Everyone ate every morsel so I would say this meal was a great success. The server was exceptional and we met the owner and the bartender...has a very homey feel and people are very friendly.

• Visited July 2014
“The best in Delray”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

For a small city Delray Beach has an enormous amount of restaurants, but La Cigale in my opinion is the best of the best. I try to sample other places and there are many excellent choices but always return to La Cigale. Francis, the owner is usually around, making the rounds of tables making sure everyone is satisfied. The staff is very professional and efficient yet very friendly. The words elegant & friendly normally do not go together but they do here.
But the food is the main reason for returning. The lamb, the osso-bucco, the sweetbreads are among my favorites, but the star here is the Dover Sole. While not on the menu it is a special almost every visit. Off season they offer a prix-fixe menu that changes on a weekly basis offering menus featuring food from different Mediterranean countries, France, Spain, Italy & Greece. It is a great choice at a good price. Highly recommend a visit to this wonderful place. I don't think you will be disappointed.

• Visited July 2014
“Kudos to La Cigale”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

One of our favorite places to dine. Wonderful food and service. A real treat. A Charming setting inside. The owner seems to really care about your experience as he always comes by to make certain everything is fine. Have the lamb chops. They are delicious.

• Visited June 2014
“Birthday favorite”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

My wife & I brought a longtime friend to this, her favorite, restaurant for her birthday. We ordered wine and asked for time before we ordered. Dustin gave us all the time we wanted. We ordered appetizers and then our main courses. The food came out promptly and was good. Fillet, Scallops and Lamb shank. Everything was cooked properly. My only disappointment was that the Scallops and Lamb lacked flavor. A little something added in the cooking would have made these dishes pop. We ordered one dessert that the ladies wanted and a candle was added for the birthday "girl". Worth another trip back but I'll certainly order flavor to be added to my dish next time. The service was excellent!

• Visited June 2014