“Very nice place but ...............”

Vic & Angelo's Delray Beach
Reserve with OpenTable
Vic & Angelo's Delray Beach is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 410 Restaurants in Delray Beach
Price range: US$30 - US$60
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Drinks, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Vic & Angelo's menu items are inspired by our desire to transform the American approach to fine, Italian dining into a memorable experience that pays homage to the authentic culinary traditions of Italy. We have traveled the world looking for the greatest dishes and finest ingredients. We take pride in only importing the freshest products and ingredients for our culinary delights. Our sauces are made with San Marzano tomatoes imported from directly from Naples and our pizza dough contains water imported from New York. Each of our signature Italian dishes are created in house, using traditional cooking methods practiced by Italians for countless generations. We even hand-make our pasta, mozzarella and sausage! Our atmosphere is warm and friendly, yet elegant and refined. We believe in the traditional Italian dinner, where everyone comes together to feast. So we invite our guests to sit down, relax, and enjoy their food and conversation with family and friends.
Punta Gorda, Florida
“Very nice place but ...............”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

....................... bring your life savings if you go there after Happy Hour. How does $6.32 for a draft Bud lite sound ?

• Visited July 2014

Boca Raton, Florida
“Expensive and food not tasty”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I was disappointed in this restaurant after having heard so much about it. The food was overpriced, service was so-so, and the food was not all that good. The building is pretty and the location is lively, but the experience was disappointing.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank Masha C
“Could've been great”
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Went there the other night because we've been wanting to try it. The waiter Carmine was very attentive and entertaining. The food was excellent...until i found a long black hair in my broccoli rabe. Now don't get me wrong stuff happens. This will keep me from going back because I have a thing for that but what got me was I told the waiter about the hair and before I could say no to a new one he ordered it already. They did take the half eaten one with the hair off the tab but added the fresh one i had to take home right back to the bill. Would've been a great place but...

1 Thank RomanMazz
Ocean Ridge, Florida
“Lovely Experience”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We went here last night with our niece Robyn. We started with a plain cheese pizza which is always very good and Drew and Robyn shared the arugula salad with ham...which they both enjoyed. We also shared a lovely bottle of Malbec. For our entrees: Drew had the Chicken Marsala, Robyn had the Chicken with Spinach Linguine and I had the Spinach Linguine with Shrimp and Crab in a very light tomato broth...they were all delish. The service was very good.

• Visited June 2014
Boca Raton, Florida
“MUSIC TOO LOUD AND PORTIONS TOO SMALL”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I was lucky enough to get a curbside parking space right in front of the restaurant. I eyed the sidewalk dining area as I parked, thinking that would be a good place to enjoy my lunch. As soon as I stepped out of the car, my eardrums were savagely assaulted by loud, load disco music, emanating, unfortunately, from this restaurant's outside speakers. Well, that took outside seating off my radar screen.

I stepped inside and asked the hostess for an inside table, away from all the blaring disco noise. She said there were speakers everywhere. So there was no reprieve from the disco howling even indoors. I did manage to get a table way in the back of the dining area, where the noise was a few decibels lower, though still very annoying.

The interior was actually attractive though not classy. I ordered the Four Cheese Pear Tortelloni with truffle cream sauce. My waitress, friendly and efficient, brought out a basket of toasted garlic bread with pamegian cheese on it. Quite tasty.

As I awaited my entrée, one thought kept running through my mind: Bring me my food so I can wolf it down and get away from this infernal racket. Keep in mind that this was lunchtime and on a Sunday morning. The disco blaring was totally inappropriate. To me it was outright rude. Soft music, played at low volume, would have been relaxing and appropriate.

My entrée arrived on a large plate. Practically lost on it were the meager handful of the tortellonis. The sauce, rich and creamy, drenched the pasta and took up more of the plate. But even that couldn't disguise the diminutive portion of pasta. Someone walking by might have assumed, with justification, that I had already eaten half of this pasta. But no, I hadn't even raised my fork. That said, the pasta was quite flavorful, with the pear adding a dimension of taste. I checked the menu. Sure enough, this dish was an entrée not an appetizer, and was priced as an entrée. Bear in mind that there was no seafood or meat in this entrée, not even chicken. So you'd think the portion would have been much larger, double even than what it was. I found the skimpy size of the portion to be an insult.

I have too much respect for my hearing and my appetite to ever set foot in this restaurant again.

• Visited June 2014