“Eating "in the City"”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 1st
Reviewed 9 June 2014

On a friend's recommendation, we found this little house/restaurant and were delighted with our discovery. It's busy and maybe a bit crowded but what wonderful entrees. We began our dinner with their brie appetizer which was wonderful. Roasted duck was moist and deeply flavored. I had a chicken entrée with a caramel glaze which just gave a hint of the sweetness. The catch of the day was a grouper dish with the most tender filet, blackened to perfection. Wait staff was wonderful once we got by a bit of a gruff hostess. An absolutely wonderful evening.

1  Thank Audrey F

Reviewed 8 June 2014

I made it a point to arrive here early, for dinner. A lovely view as I walked to the entrance. The outside seating was in the front yard, most of which was paved with Chicago (used) bricks, adding character to the premises. Large, leafy trees in the yard dining area with decorative lamps dangling from metal chains. Tufts of fancy grasses and patches of flowers ringing the bricked area. A low, white picket fence enclosing that space. Wooden tables and tables of metal with stone tops surrounded by wooden chairs with black, filigree metal set around the copious foliage. The front porch with sofa seating. Very charming, I thought, and with character. Most inviting.

I strolled indoors to check out that ambiance before deciding where I would sit. More neat tables with stone tops. The bar fronted by barstools with high backs of black, wrought-iron in various designs. Attractive artwork on the walls. Warm and inviting, but I opted for a table in a corner on the front porch so I could have a commanding view of the porch, yard, and diners filing in. Music, which a waiter characterized as indie rock, from Pandora pumped from speakers inside and out.

I started with an appetizer, the Short Rib Flatbread: "braised short rib, scallions, water chestnut, blue cheese, guava & sweet soy drizzle." It was delicious.

Then came my entrée, the Butternut Squash Ravioli: "thyme cream, asparagus, vine ripe tomatoes & artichoke hearts." It had a wonderful plate appearance. And it was absolutely delicious. I only wish there had been more of it. It was of appetizer proportions but at entrée prices.

My rating is actually a 4 1/2.

1  Thank Bunmaster2014
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I had not dined at this restaurant for several years - for no reaason - however, I am now a fan!
Startiing with an amazing coconut Mojito that wakes up your tastebuds - I jumped in.
Their pork "wings" with fig balsamic sauce was so succulent and flavorful I wanted more. The kale ceasar salad was large enough to share and crunchy fresh with just the perfect amount of crushed hard boiled egg that gave it a lovely creaminess.
But the crown jewel were the moist and flavorful crab cakes served with perfect fresh crisp green beans and mushrooms,

The service was so friendly and immpecable that I forgot I was sitting in a lovely garden.
After dusk and the invasion of some mosquitos - the lovely server, Jessica, brought me some Cutter bug spray which alleviated the issue.

hats off to the management for an incredible dining experience!
a new fan, Joan Schnell

1  Thank Joan S
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My wife and I ate at Dada this past Saturday night. We ate inside, in the room with the ant wallpaper. We should have sat outside. The noise from the conversations was very loud. The waitress had to almost scream to tell us the specials. The food and service were very good. My wife had the crab cake app. it was wonderful. She had the butternut ravioli and loved it. I had the pork chops, also very good. We did not have desert because of the noise, but they looked great.
I will go back and sit outside.

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Great place. Bring friends and family. You'll love it. I always bring my friends from out if town. It's relaxing and fun. Also have been to a fashion show. Well done