“Italian at it's best!”

Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Palm Harbor, Florida, United States
“Italian at it's best!”
Reviewed 14 May 2013

Been to this place a dozen times, and never had a crumb I didn't enjoy! Food prep & flavors are always perfect, as is the service. We've made Tramonti a necessary stop on every visit to Palm Beach County....always a delight!

• Visited May 2013

Hypoluxo, Florida
“Best Italian in South Florida!”
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I am originally from New York so it is safe to say, other than Italy, I have experienced the so of the best quality of Italian food. In South Florida there are many Italian restaurants but not many can compare to the quality of up north. Tramonti is one Italian restaurant that would be successful regardless of location because the food is that good. The only con's to this restaurant is that it is always busy and that can lead to sup bar service. Personally I can overlook just about anything if the food is that good. If you want Italian go to Tramonti you will not be disappointed

• Visited May 2013
Boca Raton, Florida
“A magical evening..........”
Reviewed 23 April 2013

My fiance and I were celebrating our anniversary and decided to
dine at Tramonti Ristoranti in Delray Beach...We want to report
that we had a most enjoyable experience...We were warmly greeted
by the restaurant's friendly manager,Glenn, and immediately brought
to Tramonti's patio...what a beautiful setting,,,,each table looked
lovely with an immaculate white tablecloth, candlelight, and proper
setting....The lighting was perfect, and the setting so cozy....We were
immediately served iced-cold water and a basket which contained two
small loaves of warm, crusty,well textured Italian bread with olive oil/butter....
Our server this evening was Alex, and he was excellent from start to
finish...We started out by each having a nice cabernet,and ordered
zucchine fritte (fried zucchini) and vongole gratinata (baked clams)...
they were so flavorable and delicious...My main course was scallopine
e pizzaiola (veal with mushrooms, peppers, fresh herbs in a tomato
sauce)....it was fabulous...My fiance ordered pollo scarpariello (small
pieces of chicken on the bone,with artichokes, garlic, sausage, and red
wine vinegar)...she loved it...We sooo desired a dessert, however, our
tummies told us to only enjoy cappuccinos.....we really loved our dining
experience here and are looking forward to returning very soon.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank BocaRatonJoe
Boca Raton, Florida
“I tried to love you Tramonti but I don't even like you!”
Reviewed 20 April 2013 via mobile

Never again. We have said it before but we mean it this time. We made reservations for a weekend night at 830 , arrived at 830 and were seated at 9:55, an hour and a half later. We were seated at what may have been the worst possible table in the restaurant, a 2 top shoved up against the wall that separates the host area from the tables... We were squeezed in by several tables... Very cramped.
The server launched right into the specials and I interrupted and asked for a wine list. When I asked about the difference between 2 difference Barolos which ranged in price only by $10, our server had absolutely no insight whatsoever ... I explained that I'm very familiar with California wines but need a little direction with Italian wine. I explained the characteristics I enjoy in a nice big Cabernet and wanted to know which of the 2 $110 or $120 Barolos would be the most delicious based on my palette's preference. Nope. Just pointed to the more expensive one. Fine. We waited over 10 minutes for the wine and glasses to arrive. At this point, our cocktails are far gone as we arrived at 830 and it's now 10:10. We tried his recommendation, it was good. Worth the wait even.

As far as the food, it's tasty. Large portions. I really cannot complain about the food- truly, it is very good.

The bathrooms are disgusting. I was appalled. I'm out with my husband having a $300 dinner and someone's feces are crusted to the toilet... On the rim. Of all the toilets. Urine all over the seats. There was somewhat of a flood as well on the floor of the bathroom, always a treat when wearing nice shoes. You would think they would have someone periodically clean throughout a busy Friday night, nope. I did witness, however, the manager yelling at the bus boys and girls quite a few times in a tone I wouldn't use with my worst enemy. Mean.

I decided to give it 2 stars because the food is really good. The other star is the bartenders. They are slammed but they are very polite and on top of things. Bravo to them.

This negative review isn't based on one dining experience , it's based on 4 over the course of 3 years. We have tried. It's the same story every time. If you're not a regular or you're not greasing the front desk, you are going to be treated as a tourist who is barely welcome in the establishment.

So many other places to go, even some that do not include $10 valet.

I am sorry Tramonti, you're off the list.

Visited April 2013
3 Thank TravelerTracy88
South Florida, Florida
“Not bad but expensive for what it is”
Reviewed 19 April 2013

It is a very busy place on the main block in Delray. Way to busy to serve refined Italian food.
Food is not bad but really not fancy. Starters are $12-15 and main courses start at $25.
Very noisy place, large groups meet there and talk loud. Service is really rushed, servers have no time to be friendly with patrons, they run all the time. Not a cheap place.

• Visited April 2013