“Awesome view and Location”

Residence Inn Delray Beach
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Delray Beach
“Awesome view and Location”
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

We really enjoyed staying at this older Residence Inn. Our car never moved until checkout. With the view of the ocean, everything you want in walking distance, and the really friendly staff this all made for a very good stay. Would go back anytime. After some renovations this place would get an excellent rating from me, but those things are not that important for us to have an awesome time. Loved it.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jcritic
Samantha J, Manager at Residence Inn Delray Beach, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Jcritic

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review your stay. We, at the Residence Inn, are fortunate to be located in one of the most beautiful cities in South Florida. Just as you had mentioned, we are in a great location. The shops, restaurants, not to mention the beach, are all within walking distance so you will never need your car. There is also a great company called “The Downtowner” which is a golf cart service that will pick you up and drop you off within a two mile radius.

I cannot thank you, enough, for your kind word regarding the staff. They all take great pride in what they do and truly enjoy the hospitality industry. I will be sure to provide such great recognition to the staff!

Thank you, again, and we look forward to your next visit!

Best Regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Crawley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Okay, so here's the best thing about the Residence Inn Delray Beach - the location. Situated right on Atlantic Avenue just a stone's throw from the fantastic public beach, and amongst the shops, restaurants and bars of Atlantic Avenue, you couldn't ask to be better situated.

The hotel also has a lovely pool area, and our room had a balcony looking right over it, Atlantic Avenue and towards to sea. It's enough to make you want to stay there despite any minor let downs.

It's the room that was a slight disappointment. I've stayed in several Residence Inns over the years, and the typical room has an integrated/studio kitchen and dining area with breakfast bar, a social area that brings everyone together as a family, where you can prepare food and watch TV, eat and share a drink and enjoy time together. Alas, here the kitchen is almost an afterthought - a bleak windowless room immediately inside the door, a few appliances in a small square room - almost a "porch" rather than room, with tiny kitchen table. You then go through into the living room, and the separate bedroom is through another door. It acts almost to separate a large family group - and we found on occasion the kids would be in one room, my wife and I in another, and Mum in another. I wish the layout could be changed - bring the kitchen into the living area and the place could come alive.

With five of us in one room, we also needed to make use of the sofa-bed. Alas, the mattress looked worn and used, and had stains on part of it. We made the desk aware of this, and a clean mattress topper was provided quickly - very appreciative of this service, but the time for "first impressions" has passed by then.

On another note, the breakfast buffet was extremely crowded and we found it difficult to get a table. There appeared to be just one very tired looking lady doing her best to organise everything associated with breakfast, but this seemed to be a losing battle, and we had to clean and tidy our own table once we found one!

Overall then - I'm giving four stars since we loved the location, just perfect. Just could do with a bit of a rethink and be slightly better presented.

Room Tip: As far as I could tell, all rooms overlook the pool (doors are only on one side of the corridor). H...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank MRunnicles
MRunnicles:

Thank you for taking the time to review our establishment. Your thoughts and feelings go unnoticed.

Allow me to apologize for disappointment that was brought to you while visiting our hotel. We, at the Residence Inn, take great pride at our location and strive to ensure each guest is, fully, satisfied. Though, each Residence Inn serves the same purpose; they do not all look the same. Unfortunately, not all of our rooms provide the layout that you are describing. Some of our one bedroom suites have the open layout so you are able to cook while entertaining any family or friends. Our two bedroom suites have the open concept, as well. Being you area just like me, love to cook and entertain at the same time, I would recommend reserving one of our suites that will allow you to do so. For your next visit, please, contact me directly and I will be more than happy to help you.

Again, thank you for taking the time to review our establishment and I look forward to your next visit.

Front Office Manager
Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

Would like to thank Logan the front desk wizard....changed our room upon check-in when we did not get the poolside, as we requested . .. Hotel is close to a lot of restaurants and shops. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Gemro311

I would like to thank you for the kind words regarding Logan. He is a great asset to the company and I am proud to say that he is part of the Marriott family. He goes above and beyond to ensure each guest is fully satisfied with their stay. He understands the true meaning of “customer service” and what the hospitality industry stands for. I will be sure to inform Logan of your kind words and I can assure you a form of incentive will be provided.

Thank you, again, and I look forward to your next visit!

Front Office Manager
New York City, New York
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Rooms are clean with newer bathrooms and a rain shower. The hallways can use some updating. The free breakfast is great with many choices to choose from. The hotel is a few blocks from a great beach, several restaurants and shops. Staff is friendly and helpful. Pool area is nice but I didn't use it much with the beach around the corner. I would stay again.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Samantha J, Manager at Residence Inn Delray Beach, responded to this review, 19 April 2014
MariaP123

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am pleased to see you enjoyed your stay to the fullest. Delray Beach is a one of a kind city that has plenty to offer from the beach to the restaurants right on Atlantic Avenue. I have informed the staff about your kind comment regarding their service. They were more than appreciative. You will be pleased to hear that we are in the process of updating our hallways for we understand they needed a little TLC.

Again, thank you for your lovely comments and I look forward to having you as our guest, again, within the near future.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

Suitable for families or large groups. Stayed here as part of a girls weekend, and it just didn't suit the experience we were looking for. At checkin, was given a room with a window facing another wall. Upon asking for another room they said the type of room I booked was only on the first and second floors. It was an odd experience as I've never been told I am restricted to certain floors so clearly the Residence Inn operates a bit differently from a traditional marriott property. After some more prompting, they gave us a different room on the second floor with a balcony so we were content. The good news is that the room was clean and the property is located a very short walk to the beach, and just a slightly longer walk to the restaurants. The property could use some sprucing up in the interior. All in all it was fine, but I will stay elsewhere next time for a different atmosphere.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Samantha J, Manager at Residence Inn Delray Beach, responded to this review, 12 April 2014
LSB906

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Your concerns and outlooks mean a great amount to the Marriott family.

At our establishment, we have seven different types of rooms; all the way from our studios to our two bedroom suites. You had mentioned the room that you had reserved was only located on the first and second floors. Please, allow me to apologize for the false information that you were given. Our one bedroom suites with a king bed, as well as our two bedroom suites, are located on our 1st through 4th floors. It is very possible the only rooms that we had available, with your reserved room type, on the day of your arrival were on the first and second floor. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience that you had encountered while visiting our location for we strive to ensure our guests are fully satisfied during their stay.

Please, let me know when you are planning your next visit to beautiful Delray Beach for I will be more than happy to create your reservation for you.

Again, thank you, and if there is anything I can do to further assist you, please, do not hesitate to contact me at 561.276.7441 or via email Samantha.Juhasz@marriott.com.

Upstate NY
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

We have stayed here many times over 20 some years...going back to when it was the Spanish River. This year in particular, everything seems great! We were not here last year and it seems to have been refurbished. The people at the front desk were friendly and accommodating. The breakfast this morning was particularly good...hot and cold. It is a little bit of a walk to the beach, only a block or so, but Atlantic Avenue with all of its shops and restaurants is right out front.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank qqqqqq
qqqqqq

Thank you for your previous stay, with us! I am glad to see you were satisfied with your visit. I have heard many stories about when our property was the “Spanish River” and it seems as if we have come a long way. Thank you for your kind words regarding the staff. They are a great group of people and I am blessed to have them as a part of the Marriott family. It’s great to hear that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast. The girls in the kitchen do a great job and always try to find ways to make each breakfast experience a little different.

Again, thank you for your previous stay, as well as your kind words, and I look forward to having you as a repeat guest sooner than later.

Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

We loved our stay here, with a little baby in a king bed room with balcony. Staff was excellent, breakfast good, and the Tuesday and Thursday afternoon snack was a nice treat. Pool clean and great to swim in. Location is perfect for both beach and shopping. Ask for AAA rates if you're a member. Will return!

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank WinningThePooh
WinningThePooh

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at our location. Your kind words went unnoticed. Our Tuesday and Thursday evening social is our way (Residence Inn by Marriott’s way) to show our appreciation for our guests loyalty. We know, and understand, there are many hotels that our guests can stay but they choose us and we want to thank each of you for that. It’s a pleasure to see how much you’ve enjoyed your visit and we cannot wait for your return!

Again, thank you!

The Seagate Hotel & Spa
#7 of 15 in Delray Beach
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Delray Beach I-95
Delray Sands Resort on Highland Beach

Been to Residence Inn Delray Beach? Share your experiences!