“Location and Service, and the Place is just Charming”

Colony Hotel and Cabana Club
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Delray Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 10 March 2010

As a historic hotel this place is just so charming and welcoming, from the staff at the front desk to Bonnie and Bob at the Beach Club. the beds were comfortable, the rooms were bright and colorful, and good pillows too. Right in the middle of town on Atlantic, you can walk to just about anything you want, shopping, restaurants. Hotel has a shuttle to the beach or you can drive yourself.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Colony Hotel and Cabana Club

Reviewed 15 February 2010

I'm writing this as I relax in the lobby of this beautiful hotel on the morning of my departure. It has some of the most important assets of a great hotel: early fresh coffee (it's here by 5:30 AM), a comfortable place to "chillax" with said coffee, and a comfortable room. You can read all the great pluses of this hotel on the others' reviews and they/re all true. This place is extraordinarily beautiful and despite what some of the older reviews say, the staff here has been remarkably nice and helpful. But being in the best location in Delray and having gorgeous hardwood floors add up to the biggest drawback of this place: noise, especially at night. We could hear everyone walking the hallway all night, and it sounded as if there was a dance lesson in high heels in the room above. Consequently, nights weren't so comfortable. On the second day, I asked the staff if there were any quiet rooms available, and he admitted their wasn't any. So if you are looking for a place that you can rely on to get a quiet night's sleep, this isn't it. But everything else was so great here, that I'm still not sure I'd go anywhere else in the future. Note to management: some nice runway carpets, especially in the hallways, would be a great addition to this already wonderful place. Other minor drawbacks: poor shower, and really weak wireless internet in the room (but good in the lobby}.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 February 2010

My husband and I stayed at the colony for three nights and loved it!
Things I loved:
The smell of time. It's an old building and smells good like old hard wood floors. I loved the history there and am amazed at how well they are taking care of the place. I loved the old fashioned elevator and operators. The outdoor seating and bar area is cozy and relaxing, we even found old books to read. The yoga room was a treat, although I did not get to participate in the class, I plan on it next time. The rooms are pleasantly simple. I like the greenness of the place with soap/shampoo dispensers, as not to waste a million tiny bottles. They have recycling too, use real glass instead of plastic cups. (it's the little things). The bed was super comfy, we actually thought it was a temporpedic mattress, we took a peek and saw it was just a really comfy pad and pillow top. Good water pressure, great natural light, flat screen tvs. Perfect location, close to walk to the beach and shops.
The cabana club was beautiful, although it was rainy when I went. I still enjoyed a swim in the salt water pool. The bath house had everything and I loved the openness of it all. I was a tad disappointed when the restaurant closed early(due to weather) and no one notified me that I would need to get something before they closed or that they were even going to close early. But with that said, the hotel staff made an unscheduled pick up for me (it was also pouring rain at this point) and drove me to pizza place for a nice big salad.
The staff at the hotel was attentive, nice and accommodating. We will stay there again and any time we are in Delray Beach. Thanks guys!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 February 2010

This is an historic hotel and well maintained. My room was super quiet and comfortable, simply furnished with high quality bedding and hardwood floors. There is a small gym with one barbell and one bike. There is a large yoga crowd, for classes referenced in Yoga Journal. A simple breakfast with eggs, meat, cereals etc is provided gratis but other food is not available in the hotel, but restaurants and carry out is easily obtainable within steps. Weekends feature live music on the front verandah which was a nice place to sit, dance, talk to fellow travellers. I noticed and spoke to all kinds of travellers from young to old, gay to straight, foriegn and U.S. nationals and all seemed to coexist peacefully. The private beach club is easy to get to and park there, or take their shuttle. Once there you will find a lack of crowds, some clam shell style cabanas on the beach, a pool, outdoor and lovely, private locker/shower/changing rooms. There is a restaurant there that serves a really good lunch in a beautiful and casual setting.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank touristwoman
Reviewed 1 December 2009

I believe that this hotel as well as the sister hotel in Maine fill my needs for beautiful views, historical hotel, outstanding swimming opportunitites, and nearness to a beach.
The staff is well trained and the location is superb for shopping and beautiful scenery.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 November 2009

This is a bit of an "old Delray" experience, a historic hotel in downtown, walking distance to many wonderful restaurants and shops. When one considers free hotel parking, free breakfast, free beach club (with free parking or free shittle from hotel), this place is a bargain. We are frequent travelers and our room (King bed) is probably the largest hotel room we've ever occupied. Our room was quiet despite nightly, weekend entertainment on the front veranda. All hardwood floors, rooms and hallways, immaculately clean. Dog friendly hotel! It's not the Marriott but it doesn't try to be. I love Delray Beach and the Colony Hotel.

Stayed: November 2009
1  Thank railfanppk
Reviewed 20 August 2009

We have stayed at the Colony at least 6 times in the last couple of years. On our recent visit nothing has changed. Great staff, spotless rooms and common areas. Their private beach/pool area is great for a day of relaxing, and enjoy a lunch overlooking their beach.
Would never stay any where else when we are in that area.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
#2 of 15 in Delray Beach
Crane’s Beach House Boutique Hotel & Luxury Villas
Delray Sands Resort on Highland Beach
Residence Inn by Marriott Delray Beach

Been to Colony Hotel and Cabana Club? Share your experiences!