The location can't be beat - right on the main drag (Atlantic Avenue), steps from all the restaurant, bar and shopping action of Delray Beach. It's only a five-minute walk across the Intercoastal bridge to the public beach. But the glory of this hotel is the private ocean-front cabana club, with a restaurant, salt-water pool and beach chairs/towels/umbrellas, free to all hotel guests (until 10 pm!). Those without a car can use the complimentary hotel shuttle (cabana club is about a mile south of Atlantic Ave.).
Back at the hotel, the front veranda bar is a great place for breakfast or an afternoon/evening drink. A member of Historic Hotels of America, the property has many reminders of 1926, the year this yellow stucco landmark was built. The original elevator is staffed with an attendant, the original hotel switchboard is on display, and an antique telephone hangs in a private booth. An original quad writing station is a throwback to the days when travelers wrote postcards and letters. The wicker furnished indoor/outdoor lobby is not for the color shy. The eye-popping color scheme extends to the corridors leading to the rooms, which boast polished wood floors and are furnished with original Lincoln Furn. Co. beds, dressers and desks. The room decor is appropriately dated without being the least bit uncomfortable. 21st-century touches include flat screen TVs, iPod docking stations and free wireless Internet. The complimentary breakfast buffet is lavish and varied (each morning there was a different breakfast meat: bacon one day, corned beef hash another, sausage a third day). Restaurant does not serve dinner. Plenty of free parking for hotel guests. There was a classical chamber music concert the Sunday afternoon of my stay.
An unexpected plus was an on-site laundry for use of hotel guests. For adult friends or family members traveling together, the hotel offers accommodations of two bedrooms connected by one bathroom (both bedrooms have separate doors to the hallways) at a considerable savings over booking two rooms. Pet friendly. What's not to like?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- historic Florida charm in a select service downtown hotel with a private oceanfront beach club ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Colony Hotel and Cabana Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Colony Hotel And Cabana
- Colony Hotel And Cabana Club Delray Beach, Florida