“Great Location- Generally good stay” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Delray Beach Marriott

Delray Beach Marriott
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Delray Beach
Connecticut
“Great Location- Generally good stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2011

This hotel is across from the beach on Atlantic Avenue in Delray Beach. If you haven't been to Delray Beach , the Atlantic Avenue area has lots of restaurants and nightlife, and some galleries and boutiques and is a nice place to stay. Less "intense" than some of the other beach front towns in So Florida.

We've stayed at the Delray Beach Marriott at least 3 times now, and is our preferred choice of hotels in the area to stay at when visiting family.

Some observations, from our last stay in early May-- There were 7 weddings taking place during that weekend. 2 on Friday night, 2 on Saturday night and one on Sunday afternoon. Lots of activity in the lobby. As it is, the lobby is very, very noisy at night, with a bar/restaurant that is so noisy it makes me wonder how one can eat there.

The parking is kind of a pain if you are staying in the north part of the building. You park underground, take an elevator to the lobby then cross over through the lobby to the north elevators. Not a big deal, but not that convenient.

Our biggest issue was that the air conditioning vent blows out directly where your head is on the pillow. You can not set the fan to continuously blow, so when the blower turned on you have a rush of cold air on your neck. We had to block part of the vent with a towel , after getting a stiff neck after the first night. Again, this might not bother many.

The staff has always been very nice. The lobby is very attractive. Rooms are modern with flat screen TVs, and most rooms have small balconies. The ocean front rooms in the front of the hotel seem to have the largest balconies. Beds are very comfortable. Rooms so-so clean but clean enough. We don't use the pool area, but it looks nice enough with lots of chairs--so many, it looks like it could get crowded, but we have not seen it crowded.

We would generally recommend.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MaxandLola

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
Point Rock, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2011

My wife and I stayed 4 nights (leaving Easter morning) after 4 nights at Marco Island. It was a nice contrast. While the Marco Marriott Resort seemed very "family", this place had a little more adult feeling. There were plenty of kids during this vacation week, but they kept them out of the adult only pool (unlike the Marco Marriott). That pool was smaller and the towels and bar were in the bigger kid filled pool, it was not a problem. The adult pool was pretty quiet and uncrowded at all times. It was great that there are so many restaurants nearby and no car is needed once you get there. Highly recommend Tramonti and Joseph's Wine Bar for nice dinners. For first timers, recommend the boat trip along the intercoastal waterway to see all the expensive houses. It was our first trip to the area and will probably go back for another vacation someday. The only time we took the car was for a trip to Fort Lauderdale to go to Diamonte Day spa for a couples massage. We had read reviews that were very good. For $150 we got a hot tub soak and side by side 50 minute massages. Excellent value and a beautiful place, great staff, wonderful massages. We then drove all the way back on A1A with a stop at Aruba Cafe for lunch on the beach. This was more of a spring break experience with drunken guys at the bar in the mid afternoon. But we still liked it.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sp1ke
Philadelphia, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2011

We chose this hotel for it's location and it was wonderful!!! On this trip were my best friend and myself. We wanted a relaxing vacation to enjoy the beach and the sun. We were very excited to be leaving our husbands in charge of our kids (we have 3 each) so that we could truly RELAX! We requested 2 double beds and our initial room was on the 2nd floor. This room was terrible...instead of a balcony, we had sliding glass doors with the rooftop at eye level!! It was awful. I immediately called the front desk and asked for another room. He initially told me the hotel was full but then he did offer us a room on the 5th floor in the other tower. So back down to the lobby we went, and across to the other tower. Our new room was wonderful with a partial ocean view from our balcony. The bathrooms are quite small, but the shower is large and very relaxing with a spa shower head. I had read other reviews about noise from neighbors and we heard very little. Nothing too extreme at all. It was very nice and relaxing! The pool was wonderful, as was the hot tub. They don't have enough servers in the pool area, and it was PACKED! So, we often just went to the bar ourselves to get drinks or order snacks. It was no big deal. The drinks were delicious!

Now, we never ate in the restaurants, because there are so many options right along Atlantic Ave. For breakfast, I recommend going right across the street, right on AIA, with an ocean view, there are 2 restaurants. If you want a little bit of a higher end meal with Mimosas, go to Luna Rosa. If you are in the mood for a more casual, lower priced breakfast go right next door to Luna Rosa to Boston's. Both had delicious breakfast! There are many shops, restaurants, and bars along Atlantic Ave. and it's fun to stroll along in the evening. We had dinner at Anthony's Stone Fired Pizza and it is the BEST!!! We also at at City Oyster...wonderful seafood! Another meal was at Dada..it was just OK.

The only frustrating factor became the elevators. They were glass, which I do appreciate but one of them did not work properly the entire trip. We saw the elevator repairman working on it the first day but it really never got fixed. So, on the day of checkout, everyone was piling into one elevator with all of their luggage and it took forever to come. This should have been addressed quicker, but it was only a small glitch, and we are also very easygoing travelers.

Overall, this hotel cannot be beat for location. I was a little annoyed that I had to pay full price for the room, since I am known, amongst our friends, as the budget traveler. However, it was well worth it, in this case! We enjoyed every minute of our getaway and I would absolutely go back with my husband and kids.

Room Tip: Request a high floor
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank msmommy718
TN
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2011

I do not know where to begin. The rooms need an uplift, you can hear your neighbors, the breakfast is barely passable, the concierge lounge refreshments are not refilled, and on and on. If yor are a Marriott Member don't expect any amenities, breakfasst, etc.. You will do better at a Hampton.

The carpet is getting threadbare, the hostess at the restaurant is just rude, and most of the staff do not speak english.

If you have to stay in Delray, find another choice

Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Paolosmom
mclean virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2011

This was my first trip to Delray though not my first to Florida.For the last two winters I went to Hollywood Fla. I missed the heavy french-canadian atmosphere of Hollywood but ambiance of Delray surpassed it. The hotel was very nice and comfortable.I had an oceanfront room which was small-compared to Hollywood- but the bathrooms were comically tiny.The size of the room was fine because I was alone,The balcony was lilliputian as well.I should have reserved a full suite. For some the room is unimportant when at the beach,but for me it is important.I like to withdraw there and rest from my activities. The rooms walls are scandalously thin and it is annoying to hear very clearly noise ,music and conversation from the next room.I heard a marital argument in which the husband hit his wife and knocked her to the floor. The front desk that wash the way the hotel was when Marriott bought it.But Marriott rebuilt it and should have taken care of it. There are two pools.The main pool is the popular one and the one often invaded by outsiders.I was walking down Atlantic avenue and about 5 teeny bopper girls (obviously on spring break)were planning on going to use the hot tub and whirpool at the hotel although they were not guests! It is horrendous that the hotel thinks so little of its paying guests to refrain from enforcing their rules.I used the adult pool which is barely used and the upkeep of the mats on the chairs (they were dirty) showed the pool managers neglect. The food is mediocre so I ate at the resrtaurants (ane there are many)on atlantic ave. One day I thought I would have lunch at the busy pool but the waitress ignored. I moved up to the first row of chairs and walked right past me altough I hada menu in my hand.After a half hour of being ignored I went inside and complained to the front desk.They apologized and then walked me to the restaurant where I had a full lunch on the house.The lunch was good and that action showed the traditional marriott. hospitality.The hotel over all was excellent and it is a shame that they could not have a restaurant that excells in food.I would recommend that they transfer their award winning chef at the Hollywood marriot here. I did not have a car but if I had it would have been heaven-for I have not seen such ample parking spaces along A!A-paradise for people who have trouble parallel parking.
I

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank franklynM
Sanford, North Carolina, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2011

Okay, this is the second time we have stayed at this hotel and let me tell you last time was MUCH better.

This time the room was barely average, the internet stinks, and the pool was full of non guests. The hotel needs to do something about the "visitors" at the pool, it doesn't seem fair for some of us to pay over $200 bucks to stay at the hotel and then other people just walk in.

Also, the pool staff needs to do a better job of removing towels from unused chairs so that everyone can enjoy the pool. Otherwise people "save" chairs all day and never use them.

Overall great location, but the staff could do a whole lot more to make this truly a resort destination!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2011

It was amazing! The pool was great, and the beach was just across the street. The lobby was large and nicely furnished. There were tons of shops within walking distance and plenty of restaurants and snack places. The room was big, clean, and comfortable. There was an adult-only pool and a family pool. I would definitly stay there again!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
#10 of 15 in Delray Beach
Wright by the Sea
Wright by the Sea
#1 of 15 in Delray Beach

Been to Delray Beach Marriott? Share your experiences!