This hotel is across from the beach on Atlantic Avenue in Delray Beach. If you haven't been to Delray Beach , the Atlantic Avenue area has lots of restaurants and nightlife, and some galleries and boutiques and is a nice place to stay. Less "intense" than some of the other beach front towns in So Florida.
We've stayed at the Delray Beach Marriott at least 3 times now, and is our preferred choice of hotels in the area to stay at when visiting family.
Some observations, from our last stay in early May-- There were 7 weddings taking place during that weekend. 2 on Friday night, 2 on Saturday night and one on Sunday afternoon. Lots of activity in the lobby. As it is, the lobby is very, very noisy at night, with a bar/restaurant that is so noisy it makes me wonder how one can eat there.
The parking is kind of a pain if you are staying in the north part of the building. You park underground, take an elevator to the lobby then cross over through the lobby to the north elevators. Not a big deal, but not that convenient.
Our biggest issue was that the air conditioning vent blows out directly where your head is on the pillow. You can not set the fan to continuously blow, so when the blower turned on you have a rush of cold air on your neck. We had to block part of the vent with a towel , after getting a stiff neck after the first night. Again, this might not bother many.
The staff has always been very nice. The lobby is very attractive. Rooms are modern with flat screen TVs, and most rooms have small balconies. The ocean front rooms in the front of the hotel seem to have the largest balconies. Beds are very comfortable. Rooms so-so clean but clean enough. We don't use the pool area, but it looks nice enough with lots of chairs--so many, it looks like it could get crowded, but we have not seen it crowded.
We would generally recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dogs are welcomed. Maximum 2 dogs per room (30 pounds max) with per pet fee of USD 75 rooms and USD 200 Villas. Contact hotel for more details and confirmation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Marriott, Hotels.com, TravelUp and Odigeo so you can book your Delray Beach Marriott reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Delray Beach Marriott Hotel Delray Beach
- Marriott Delray Beach
- Delray Beach Marriott Florida