We had a short 2-night stay in Delray Beach to visit family and picked this hotel, as it was higher rated than most in the area. Marriotts are usually fairly consistent and this property didn't disappoint. It's a seemingly older hotel, in a Spanish-style located right across from the beach. Arriving at the hotel was nothing spectacular, save for the friendly valet guys who greeted us and the nice gentleman at the front desk. The lobby area is unremarkable and looks like any generic full-service hotel. However, I was impressed by the lovely rooms. Despite riding in archaic elevators than seemed to take forever, the wait was worthwhile as my room was fresh, modern and had a nice view of the main street and the beach. The bathroom was nicely updated with great bath amenities from Bath and Body Works. The comfy bed and flat screen tv made this leisurely stay even more relaxing. There was also a balcony, though very tiny and with little room to lounge.
Where this hotel really excelled was with its stellar dining. Way above what one would expect from a chain hotel restaurant, we had two fabulous dinners in O'Grady's Lounge. The lounge layout and decor is completely unremarkable, but the food was wonderful. Great cuts of meat and fresh seafood were prepared, accompanied by delicious salads and dessert (try the Key Lime Pie!!). We were very overwhelmed by the great food and friendly service. Now if they could just update the lounge to a more upscale feel to match the food. For great food away from the hotel, try Caffe Luna Rosa, which is just across the street. Excellent food and atmosphere. There is also a nice area just a couple of blocks from the hotel with restaurants and shops that looked very nice for a run or walk.
This hotel is great little retreat in this unremarkable little town. It's highly recommended and provides relaxation, friendly service and good food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dogs are welcomed. Maximum 2 dogs per room (30 pounds max) with per pet fee of USD 75 rooms and USD 200 Villas. Contact hotel for more details and confirmation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Marriott, Hotels.com, TravelUp and Odigeo so you can book your Delray Beach Marriott reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Delray Beach Marriott Hotel Delray Beach
- Marriott Delray Beach
- Delray Beach Marriott Florida