“Only Full-Service Hotel on Beachfront in Delray”

Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Delray Beach
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Only Full-Service Hotel on Beachfront in Delray”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2013

We found the staff to be extraordinarily friendly and accommodating; they are obviously very well trained to use people's names, make pleasant conversation and take the time to be sure your needs are met. We had a flat tire while the car was in valet parking, and found out via a message on our hotel phone, AFTER they had already put the spare on for us. Seems to have lots of weekly and even monthly guests who love it there. Can't beat the location at the corner of Atlantic and the ocean, you can walk everywhere or take the free shuttle from right out front into town. Loved the pool area and had a nice manicure. Partial business partial get-away, I attended a large corporate party one evening which went off without a hitch and the food was very good. This used to be a much smaller hotel and we stayed in the original section which could stand some renovating (poor lighting in outside/minifridge sink area e.g,) but we wanted a full ocean view and they only put us there when we asked again at check-in, with every effort on their part to tell us to let them know if we would rather switch to the partial-view room they intended for us (presumably in the newer section).Construction going on now to add "villas" or multi-bedroom units with kitchenettes. We look forward to coming back again and staying there.

Room Tip: Ask for the new section with a full or partial ocean view.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2013

Stayed at the Delray Marriott on a business trip, five nights, January 2013. Generally, we were satisfied with our stay. The room was not large but it sufficed. There was some ambient noise - through the walls, from the halls (very heavy doors closing at night), but tolerable. Everything worked. Wi-Fi is complementary. Parking was fairly reasonable at $15 daily for valet. We were in the north tower; we did not see any other rooms.

I found it hard to rate value as hotel prices in south Florida seem to demand quite a premium. On this trip we found chains charging 125% or more than what I'd expect in the West. Using that as a guide, the Marriott was reasonable.

The location is stellar, a short walk to a nice public beach to the east, some serviceable neighborhood eateries to the south, and a very pleasant walk to shopping and multiple restaurants in downtown Delray to the west. We seldom needed our car.

The pool area is very nice and family friendly. It was well used but sedate. On the other hand, we had the hot-tub to ourselves several nights after dark.

There are two restaurants on site, and one is a local favorite for dancing and drinks. It's old school, and we totally enjoyed the diversion.

If forced to offer a critical complaint: the front desk service was mixed. We accept that part of this was our problem - being from the other coast, we were probably too demure. However, check-in took a while, with folks cutting in with questions, etc. Some reviewers complained about the construction, which is on the south end, and being in the north tower we did not notice.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Santa Rosa, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2013

My wife and I arrived late on New Years Eve and after the desk clerk disappeared for a good ten minutes were told we were getting an upgrade. The next morning we opened the drapes to massive construction and a crane almost touching our balcony.we made the best of it until January 2nd when work and noise began at 8:00am. Upon arriving we put our passports in the safe along with some other valuables. On the morning of the 3rd I emptied the safe but apparently left the passports in the safe. I put them in I never took them out. We headed to Miami to catch a cruise later that day. I asked my wife about a half hour after we left the hotel if she had the passports and she did not. We called the Marriott immediately and they sent housekeeping to check the safe. In my opinion they should have sent security. We returned to the hotel to check for ourselves, the housekeeper was very hostile even though we NEVER accused her of taking them. I can only say they never walked out of the room on their own. After 30 years of Marriotts I do not feel that security at this hotel is sufficient or indeed adequate. Regarding construction, please inform me what I can expect in the future, not give me the pretence of an upgrade to quell my displeasure. The final bill was credited by about $60 and a free breakfast. Kudos to Marriott.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MSG1250
marlboro,nj
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2013

Requested early check-in and got it...nice view. Dead bug front and center on lampshade upon arrival and departure days later.

TV had "issues" and asked to be switched AFTER 6:00pm
Man came at 4:00 and 5:00 pm to "fix" it (waking me BOTH times) and asked him to return AFTER 6:00 as I had originally asked Molly at the desk. Returned at 9:30 and nobody had been back . I called the desk and the man came and tightened the wires. Again at10:00 PM - same problem and call manager. He sent up another TV after listening to this mis-communication?

We booked this directly through the hotel - room with balcony- $330.00 per night....full price the construction really was not an issue.... we really were disappointed with what happened this time - but perhaps things will improve with housekeeping and communication. When you go away to the beach - you need to stay at the hotel ON THE BEACH.....

Room Tip: we were in 516.....smaller "Juliette" terrace. No bathtub. Very small room BUT I specifi...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 3grlsmom
Dallas, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2013

Delray beach Mariott is the best hotel on the avenue. Its decor and location are perfect, but what makes this hotel outstanding is the service oriented staff. My requests such as specific room location, late check in, refrigerators, luggage hold,and cot requests at 1:00 am. have always been acted upon. Hotels can be beautifully decorated with tons of amenities, but if the staff isnt accomodating, the hotel isnt appealing. The front desk staff is professional and very friendly. I have spent 70 nights last year at this hotel for a reason. I have enjoyed dinner, drinks at the bar,breakfast at the buffet, concierge lounge amenities and of course, music and dancing in the lobby bar. I have always felt safe at this hotel when traveling solo. I have stayed at the rest of the hotels on the avenue, but always regret it. They cant hold a candle to the Marriott Delray!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank flerman99
Shaun V, Manager at Delray Beach Marriott, responded to this review, 17 January 2013
Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback regarding your stay at the Delray Beach Marriott. I have shared your comments with the team and congratulated them for a job well done. I realize that you have many options for travel accommodations when visiting the Delray Beach area and appreciate you choosing Marriott for your lodging needs.

West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2013

My 2 daughters(ages 25 and 27) from up north were joining us for Christmas in Florida and I knew they wanted to go to the beach while they were here. We live on a golf course and going to the beach from the house takes about 25 minutes. I thought it would be nice to be somewhere directly across the street from the beach on Christmas day and we also wanted to have a nice Christmas brunch. I called the Delray Beach Marriott and made reservations 3 weeks in advance for the brunch and also booked one room with 2 double beds for Christmas. The hotels lobby was beautifully decorated for the holidays. The brunch was very nice but the best part was the accomodations. When we checked in they said they were very busy and although we had requested a room with 2 double beds it wasn't available and they tried to give us a room with one king size bed. We told them that there were 4 adults and that would be unsuitable. The manager was very nice and upgraded us to a beautiful 2 bedroom suite with an ocean view. Also our room was on the concierge floor so we were able to have complimentary snacks, beverages and a wonderful breakfast the next morning. Merry Christmas to us! We had a wonderful time there and the service and staff were great. The location is ideal as well. Not only is it across the street from the beach but also within walking distance to Delray's many shops and restaurants. We love Marriott and as we are reward members we always try to stay at Marriotts whenever we can.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank limerston
Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback regarding your stay at the Delray Beach Marriott. I am happy to read that we were able to upgrade you to a room that met the needs of your family. I realize that you have many options for travel accommodations when visiting the Delray Beach area and appreciate you choosing Marriott for your lodging needs.

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2013

Lovely hotel great front desk staff. Excellent location. Construction is a bit of a nuisance but should look great when finished. Patricia who works as concierge should get a new job. You say thank you and get a uhuh in response. She doesn't deign to speak with you unless you're wearing your diamonds. Very disappointing. Tried again and got the same uhuh response. I didn't know uhuh was an accepted response to thank you. Live and learn. The other concierge Vincent was so nice and helpful that the contrast was overwhelming. Patricia don't work with people you come across as a diva with attitude. Even to my eleven year old who was appalled with your lack of manners.

Room Tip: Keep away from construction side
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback regarding your stay at the Delray Beach Marriott. I appreciate your candid feedback and apologize for the isolated experience you had with one of our staff members. I have shared your comments with both Patricia and Vincent. I realize that you have many options for travel accommodations when visiting the Delray Beach area and appreciate you choosing Marriott for your lodging needs.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Delray Beach
Delray Sands Resort on Highland Beach
Wright by the Sea
Wright by the Sea
#1 of 15 in Delray Beach

Been to Delray Beach Marriott? Share your experiences!