“Must stay in Delray Beach”

Delray Beach Marriott
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Delray Beach
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We had a great long weekend stay here with my sister-in-law and brother-in-law. Check in was a breeze, and we quickly headed to our rooms to drop our luggage off and grab a chair by the pool. Our bellman was very knowledgeable, and every time we saw him during our stay, he asked how things were going, and if we had any questions or concerns. We found one thing lacking in our room: no fridge. A quick stop at the front desk, and that was remedied in short order. We spent most of weekend days by the pool. Chairs were easy to find early, and the attentive staff set up our umbrellas for us. We had snacks and drinks by the pool. Check out was easy, and the concierge set up our private care back to the airport. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Mathias W, Front Office Manager at Delray Beach Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear Terry L,

What a wonderful review! We do believe that no matter if you travel for business or leisure, we are the number one location in the area! The beach just across the beach from us, all the restaurants and shops of Atlantic Avenue in walking distance and all our hotels amenities just waiting for you to enjoy!

I would like to thank you for your kind comments regarding our staff and the hotel. We are always striving to exceed our guests expectations and it is great to hear that you had such a fantastic time. We are currently working on installing fridges in all guest rooms, a project that should be completed by early fall. I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you, but I'm happy to hear that my team was able to assist you right away.

We hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 3 August 2014

We had a king suite, two rooms, a den with a huge flat screen tv, sofa bed + separate bedroom with King-size bed, balcony with great ocean view. Also had access to 6th floor's concierge, with daily breakfast, snacks. Both attendants were just excellent, very polite & helpful ;-)

Great pool: morning towel attendant is fantastic, afternoon guy, not so much.

Front Desk Staff: Awesome!

Housekeepers: just plain rude. Made comments about guests, rolling eyes when you asked for extra towels. Wow.

Mixed feelings: lots of potential but major staffing issues that need to be addressed.

Room Tip: Ocean front or ocean view, higher the better.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Dawn A,

I would like to thank you for providing us with your feedback. We really are fortunate to have such a beautiful old property. We are constantly updating our property to ensure we offer all the amenities our guest desire, while preserving the "old world" charm our guest cherish.

I appreciate you bringing your concern about some of our staff attitude to my attention. We are very proud of the service we are providing, and what you are describing is absolutely unacceptable. I already followed up with my department leaders who will address your concerns immediately.

We hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 31 July 2014

As a local I don't have or need the opportunity to stay in the hotel in Delray, however, I had ten friends from out of town staying at the property and they invited me over one afternoon to chill with them by the pool. They were staying in the villas which come replete with a private pool area. I must say I was pleasantly surprised. I had the chance to check out their villa and it's just spectacular. Without a doubt, if you're a group, this has got to be the best deal in town. I have already recommended the property to a heaps of friends as I know dollar for dollar this is a perfect option for them. Obviously you can't beat the location - across the street from the beach, right on the Avenue, the trolley is out front, the Downtowner will pick you up, it's just great. Only issue I repeatedly heard about is the difference between specifics that were relayed to the group during the reservation process and what the reality was during their stay. I would definitely recommend getting everything sorted out beforehand so there are no issues. Other than that, this place is just what you need if heading to Delray.

Room Tip: Go with the Villas for sure!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank gensnimica
Mathias W, Front Office Manager at Delray Beach Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Dear gensnimica,

The "Villas by the Sea" are the newest edition to our hotel. At just over a year old they are probably some of the most luxurious accommodations you can find in the area. The 1-3 bedroom units are ideal for the business travel who prefers a upscale environment as well as the sophisticated leisure guest who is traveling with his family - or a couple friends travelling together. Especially now during the summer months you wont find such luxurious accommodations at such affordable rates anywhere else!

We hope to welcome you back soon! Thank you for your wonderful review!

Reviewed 31 July 2014

I haven't been to this hotel in years. I love the new rooms, the decor, the privacy.
If your lucky to get a view of the Beach, makes it all worth while.The private pool area is quiet.Great location, just across from the beach and close to tons of great restaurants.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear LilianaM0412,

We are constantly working on updating and refreshing the rooms. The latest update was the installation of Keurig Coffee machines and refrigerators in all guest rooms and a new floor in our fitness center. We are already planning more updates to ensure we will always stay ahead of our guest expectations.

I really do believe the rooms with a view are worth the higher rate, you can't beat the amazing scenery of beach and ocean! Thank you so much for providing us with your feedback! We hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 30 July 2014

My boyfriend and I visited the hotel the first week of June (2014) and couldn't have asked for a better location, hotel staff and amenities (great gym!). The hotel is located across the street from a public beach and provides towels and chairs to walk over and use on the beach if you want. Before arriving we had planned on utilizing the beach front location, however, the pool area and waitstaff was so amazing that we spent every day at the pool instead. The daily room clean was always quick and incredibly efficient, and the hotel restaurants and bar(s) were great. They actually have the BEST grilled chicken caesar salad that I have tried in my 28 years on this planet (when I told the waitress she informed me they made their dressing in house which again, was awesome).

The hotel is a bit pricey, we were fortunate enough to utilize a friends and family rate. I would say it is worth every penny if you stay at the full rate. Our flight was later in the afternoon on our check-out day, and the hotel allows guests to check out and still use the pool area and spa showers. They held our bags for us while we were able to get a couple of more hours of sun and thankfully shower before heading to the airport.

Downtown Delray has a TON of restaurants and bars to choose from, we stayed Wednesday-Sunday and every night there was something going on. We took a cab from the airport (West Palm Beach) to the hotel, as well as once during our trip to play a round of golf. We debated renting a car but if you are comfortable to walk a mile into downtown and back, you definitely do not need to rent a car.

My only reason for not giving this hotel a five star rating is the noise between rooms. Although it wasn't too terrible, our room was located right off of the elevator and we did see a pretty intoxicated couple being escorted out by security at one point. Lastly, some of the pool area waitresses were new and could have been a little more attentive (all the bartenders were fabulous). The four stars is a reflection of my personal experience but not the hotel accommodations so don't let that deter you. Enjoy!

PS. I saw another reviewer talk about "Chef Joe" the omelet guy - best omelet EVER.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amelia C

Dear Amelia C,

Thank you so much for your detailed review! Our chef is constantly working on our menu and recipes to come up with the perfect seasoning for every dish in every outlet.

We are also very fortunate with our prime location across the street from the beach and all the shops and restaurants of Atlantic Avenues on your fingertips. Combined with our discounted off season rates it makes us the perfect spot for your summer get away!

Thank you also for your kind words regarding our staff. I will make sure to pass on your praise to everybody - I know it means a lot to the team!

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Just enjoyed a Staycation and spent the weekend at the Delray Beach Marriott. Great location, beautiful hotel, directly across street to beach. Close to great restaurants, shops. Hotel is on the pricey side and with that they even charge you to keep your car. Check in was fast and friendly. Tips: if you are Florida resident, ask for discounts, request higher rooms with beachside view.

Stayed: July 2014
Mathias W, Manager at Delray Beach Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear dkexperience27,

I am happy to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us in Delray Beach. We are very fortunate to have a wonderful location right across the street from the beach and on Atlantic avenue.

In regards to our rates, we do offer Florida resident discounts which allow more locals to enjoy mini "staycations." We look forward to hosting you and your family again in the near future.

Best regards,

Nadya Velazquez
Manager in Training

Reviewed 25 July 2014

From making the reservation on the phone, to the valet and bellman greeting me as I drove up to the curb, to the front desk personnel having everything ready on my arrival, to the wait staff at breakfast the next morning...everything was perfect. There for a family wedding, we still had time for beach and pool visits, with delightful poolside service of delicious lunches and beverages. The concierge made excellent suggestions for other evening meals at local restaurants and those that weren't within walking distance, the hotel called for the cute little Periwinkle open-air cabs that were FREE (tips only) to take us there. The wedding itself in the Atrium was spectacular and the reception in the ballroom was fabulous, with friendly, efficient staff, delicious food and presentation, and was absolutely flawless! Every single aspect of my 4 days and 4 nights was wonderful, and not one member of this well-trained hotel staff was anything short of perfect in their job. I even had a momentary crisis when my laptop power cord died, but the concierge gave clear directions to the closest Apple Store in the nearby Town Center Mall. I was there and back in less than 45 minutes...crisis averted. If you're vacationing anywhere near Delray Beach, I would give this marvelous resort a perfect 10!

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony room, if possible...the view above the pool and out to the ocean is awesome!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Mathias W, Manager at Delray Beach Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Dear Kathi P,

We always love hearing about the wonderful experiences our guests have during their stay with us. Our staff is committed to providing excellent guest service and exceeding your expectations.

Thank you so much for all your kind words and we look forward to welcoming you back should your future travel plans bring you to the area.

Regards,

Residence Inn by Marriott Delray Beach
Crane’s Beach House Boutique Hotel & Luxury Villas
Delray Sands Resort on Highland Beach
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Delray Beach I-95

Been to Delray Beach Marriott? Share your experiences!