“Personal Service!”

Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Delray Beach
Bartow, Florida
“Personal Service!”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

It started terribly. Lacked the welcoming feel I normally expect at the front desk being an Elite Member. I actually tried to change hotels the first night. Got stuck in the hearing impaired room, no doubles available. Kids all on the floor. BUT! over the next couple of days, Scott saved the day. Scott is one of the management team, he made my kids feel special, he treated them like kings, he paid special attention to us and we didn't ask for it, and overall made the rest of the stay great. I had a planned room switch for the final night, and now i know!! Always book the Jr. Suite. Awesome room, huge compared to the other one. First class all the way. Pool was great. Beach is like 100 feet across A1A. Awesome restaurants right down the street. Overall I went from "I'll never come back" to "I can't wait to try it again sometime." Thanks Scott!

Room Tip: Get a Jr. Suite in the South Tower.
Green Features: Very good. Recycling all around the pool area. Everything is very clean and nice landscaping all around.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank ufgator1993
Mathias W, Front Office Manager at Delray Beach Marriott, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear ufgator1993,

Let me begin by apologizing for the lack of service and recognition you experienced during check in. Our elite reward members are very important to us and we appreciate your loyalty. In my role as front office manager I take my responsibly to my guest very seriously so please rest assured that I will address your concerns immediately.

I'm very happy yo hear that Scott was able to turn your stay around like that. It is people like him who make our property stand out from the rest, and Scott really is a role model for all of us.

Please make sure to contact me directly if you are planning to return to the area. I would like to ensure that your next visit will be flawless from the very beginning.

Best Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (304)
Greenville, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We had a great long weekend stay here with my sister-in-law and brother-in-law. Check in was a breeze, and we quickly headed to our rooms to drop our luggage off and grab a chair by the pool. Our bellman was very knowledgeable, and every time we saw him during our stay, he asked how things were going, and if we had any questions or concerns. We found one thing lacking in our room: no fridge. A quick stop at the front desk, and that was remedied in short order. We spent most of weekend days by the pool. Chairs were easy to find early, and the attentive staff set up our umbrellas for us. We had snacks and drinks by the pool. Check out was easy, and the concierge set up our private care back to the airport. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Terry L,

What a wonderful review! We do believe that no matter if you travel for business or leisure, we are the number one location in the area! The beach just across the beach from us, all the restaurants and shops of Atlantic Avenue in walking distance and all our hotels amenities just waiting for you to enjoy!

I would like to thank you for your kind comments regarding our staff and the hotel. We are always striving to exceed our guests expectations and it is great to hear that you had such a fantastic time. We are currently working on installing fridges in all guest rooms, a project that should be completed by early fall. I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you, but I'm happy to hear that my team was able to assist you right away.

We hope to welcome you back soon!

Greer, SC
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We had a king suite, two rooms, a den with a huge flat screen tv, sofa bed + separate bedroom with King-size bed, balcony with great ocean view. Also had access to 6th floor's concierge, with daily breakfast, snacks. Both attendants were just excellent, very polite & helpful ;-)

Great pool: morning towel attendant is fantastic, afternoon guy, not so much.

Front Desk Staff: Awesome!

Housekeepers: just plain rude. Made comments about guests, rolling eyes when you asked for extra towels. Wow.

Mixed feelings: lots of potential but major staffing issues that need to be addressed.

Room Tip: Ocean front or ocean view, higher the better.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Dawn A,

I would like to thank you for providing us with your feedback. We really are fortunate to have such a beautiful old property. We are constantly updating our property to ensure we offer all the amenities our guest desire, while preserving the "old world" charm our guest cherish.

I appreciate you bringing your concern about some of our staff attitude to my attention. We are very proud of the service we are providing, and what you are describing is absolutely unacceptable. I already followed up with my department leaders who will address your concerns immediately.

We hope to welcome you back soon!

South Florida, Florida
Reviewed 31 July 2014

As a local I don't have or need the opportunity to stay in the hotel in Delray, however, I had ten friends from out of town staying at the property and they invited me over one afternoon to chill with them by the pool. They were staying in the villas which come replete with a private pool area. I must say I was pleasantly surprised. I had the chance to check out their villa and it's just spectacular. Without a doubt, if you're a group, this has got to be the best deal in town. I have already recommended the property to a heaps of friends as I know dollar for dollar this is a perfect option for them. Obviously you can't beat the location - across the street from the beach, right on the Avenue, the trolley is out front, the Downtowner will pick you up, it's just great. Only issue I repeatedly heard about is the difference between specifics that were relayed to the group during the reservation process and what the reality was during their stay. I would definitely recommend getting everything sorted out beforehand so there are no issues. Other than that, this place is just what you need if heading to Delray.

Room Tip: Go with the Villas for sure!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank gensnimica
Mathias W, Front Office Manager at Delray Beach Marriott, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Dear gensnimica,

The "Villas by the Sea" are the newest edition to our hotel. At just over a year old they are probably some of the most luxurious accommodations you can find in the area. The 1-3 bedroom units are ideal for the business travel who prefers a upscale environment as well as the sophisticated leisure guest who is traveling with his family - or a couple friends travelling together. Especially now during the summer months you wont find such luxurious accommodations at such affordable rates anywhere else!

We hope to welcome you back soon! Thank you for your wonderful review!

West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I haven't been to this hotel in years. I love the new rooms, the decor, the privacy.
If your lucky to get a view of the Beach, makes it all worth while.The private pool area is quiet.Great location, just across from the beach and close to tons of great restaurants.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear LilianaM0412,

We are constantly working on updating and refreshing the rooms. The latest update was the installation of Keurig Coffee machines and refrigerators in all guest rooms and a new floor in our fitness center. We are already planning more updates to ensure we will always stay ahead of our guest expectations.

I really do believe the rooms with a view are worth the higher rate, you can't beat the amazing scenery of beach and ocean! Thank you so much for providing us with your feedback! We hope to welcome you back soon!

Needham, Massachusetts
Reviewed 30 July 2014

My boyfriend and I visited the hotel the first week of June (2014) and couldn't have asked for a better location, hotel staff and amenities (great gym!). The hotel is located across the street from a public beach and provides towels and chairs to walk over and use on the beach if you want. Before arriving we had planned on utilizing the beach front location, however, the pool area and waitstaff was so amazing that we spent every day at the pool instead. The daily room clean was always quick and incredibly efficient, and the hotel restaurants and bar(s) were great. They actually have the BEST grilled chicken caesar salad that I have tried in my 28 years on this planet (when I told the waitress she informed me they made their dressing in house which again, was awesome).

The hotel is a bit pricey, we were fortunate enough to utilize a friends and family rate. I would say it is worth every penny if you stay at the full rate. Our flight was later in the afternoon on our check-out day, and the hotel allows guests to check out and still use the pool area and spa showers. They held our bags for us while we were able to get a couple of more hours of sun and thankfully shower before heading to the airport.

Downtown Delray has a TON of restaurants and bars to choose from, we stayed Wednesday-Sunday and every night there was something going on. We took a cab from the airport (West Palm Beach) to the hotel, as well as once during our trip to play a round of golf. We debated renting a car but if you are comfortable to walk a mile into downtown and back, you definitely do not need to rent a car.

My only reason for not giving this hotel a five star rating is the noise between rooms. Although it wasn't too terrible, our room was located right off of the elevator and we did see a pretty intoxicated couple being escorted out by security at one point. Lastly, some of the pool area waitresses were new and could have been a little more attentive (all the bartenders were fabulous). The four stars is a reflection of my personal experience but not the hotel accommodations so don't let that deter you. Enjoy!

PS. I saw another reviewer talk about "Chef Joe" the omelet guy - best omelet EVER.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Amelia C
Dear Amelia C,

Thank you so much for your detailed review! Our chef is constantly working on our menu and recipes to come up with the perfect seasoning for every dish in every outlet.

We are also very fortunate with our prime location across the street from the beach and all the shops and restaurants of Atlantic Avenues on your fingertips. Combined with our discounted off season rates it makes us the perfect spot for your summer get away!

Thank you also for your kind words regarding our staff. I will make sure to pass on your praise to everybody - I know it means a lot to the team!

Pompano Beach, Florida
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Just enjoyed a Staycation and spent the weekend at the Delray Beach Marriott. Great location, beautiful hotel, directly across street to beach. Close to great restaurants, shops. Hotel is on the pricey side and with that they even charge you to keep your car. Check in was fast and friendly. Tips: if you are Florida resident, ask for discounts, request higher rooms with beachside view.

Stayed July 2014
Mathias W, Manager at Delray Beach Marriott, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear dkexperience27,

I am happy to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us in Delray Beach. We are very fortunate to have a wonderful location right across the street from the beach and on Atlantic avenue.

In regards to our rates, we do offer Florida resident discounts which allow more locals to enjoy mini "staycations." We look forward to hosting you and your family again in the near future.

Best regards,

#10 of 15 in Delray Beach
Colony Hotel and Cabana Club
Colony Hotel and Cabana Club
#4 of 15 in Delray Beach

Been to Delray Beach Marriott? Share your experiences!