“Loved the Marriott Del Ray Beach - great location and service!”

Delray Beach Marriott
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Delray Beach
Gatihersburg, MD
“Loved the Marriott Del Ray Beach - great location and service!”
Reviewed 23 August 2014

We had originally booked reservations at another nearby hotel that was actually more expensive but we discovered that the rooms with handicap accessible bathrooms were so far from the elevator, it was impossible for 1 of our party to walk to them. So at 10:30 at night, we had to find another hotel. Thank goodness the Marriott was just around the corner. They had 2 rooms that worked perfectly for our needs. First, every single staff person and I mean every one, was friendly, efficient and welcoming throughout our 5 night stay. From front desk to bellman, from servers to housekeeping, the service was outstanding. Once, when I was waiting at the front desk, I was the 3rd person in line. The hotel manager noticed it as he walked by and asked what he could do to help and took care of it. The pool area was beautiful and we had drinks and lunch there everyday. The food was both excellent and reasonably priced. 2 thumbs up on the variety of non-alcoholic drinks we sampled. The hotel is across the street from a great beach and near several restaurants that face the ocean. To get to the main drag in Del Ray, you can take the hotel shuttle or one of the local open air small taxis that work for tips. The lobby is beautiful and gym has good quality equipment. The hotel absolutely exceeded our expectations - someone is doing a great job managing this property.

Room Tip: Ask about the view - if you are located at the end of the hotel nearer the ocean, you will have bett...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank KCIII
Mathias W, Front Office Manager at Delray Beach Marriott, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Dear KCIII,

I'm certainly happy that we were able to assist you with the handicap accessible room! I can only imagine having to move so late at night!

We are very proud of the service we provide to our guest and we believe it is what sets us apart from other choices in the area. Thank you so much for your amazing review, we really appreciate your feedback!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (305)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 19 August 2014

My family wanted just to get away for just a couple of day's and relax next to the beach. The Marriott Delray Beach hotel is located right at the end of Atlantic Avenue on the shores of the Atlantic ocean, with great sunbathing and just being lazy. The east side of the Atlantic Avenue has all sorts of bars, restaurants and boutique shopping area. From the hotel is about 5 to 10 minutes walking to the nightlife area of Atlantic Avenue.

Room Tip: Choose a room that looks right towards the pool area, this way you could also see the ocean.
Green Features: Everybody was very friendly, the breakfast restaurant was great, a great choice for the breakfast buffet, even though is $18.00 dollar it is still worth it, otherwise you have a cheaper choice outside of the hotel about 2 minutes walking distance towards the south of the hotel.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Asterios G
Mathias W, Front Office Manager at Delray Beach Marriott, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Dear Asterios G ,

The Delray Beach Marriott with its location right across the street from the ocean and all the shops and bars of Atlantic Avenue only minutes away really is the number one location for a visit to the area. We strive to deliver exceptional service to our guest and its great to hear thay you had such a wonderful time!

NJ
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Loved the stay, rooms are nice, staff is pleasant. Pool awesome. the only thing I didnt like is the excessive fees they change on your credit card during your stay, and then refund after you leave.
Didnt leave me much room for spending. PS im not a millionaire.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Catsouttadabag,

We appreciate your amazing review! Thank you so much for the fantastic comments about our staff and the property! I apologize for the inconvenience with the additional hold on your card. I understand your frustration with having your spending money frozen on the account, unfortunately if is a company policy and we have to abide to it. I'm glad to hear that you still had such wonderful time with us!

Churubusco, Indiana
Reviewed 18 August 2014

This is a fabulous place to stay! We went for a convention and they upgraded us to a larger room for the same rate. The staff all spoke English and were more than happy to help out in any way possible. All staff spoke when spoken to even if it was just pleasantries. Any requests we made were met right away. Even when we were confused about where our conference rooms were (we changed rooms frequently for different workshops) the staff were able to direct us quickly showing that they knew what was going on in their hotel. What a wonderful experience. Thank you!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Dear Cathy C.,

It was such a pleasure to host your conference! It was great engaging with you at the hotel and i'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us so much! We believe that the personal service we provide is what sets us apart from other hotels in the area. Thank you for your wonderful review. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Greenwich, CT
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I have been staying at this property for the past few years and it never disappoints! The staff is beyond wonderful, the amenities are lovely and you cannot beat the location. The hardest decision was to stay at the pool or walk across the street to the beach. The spa on site is great, had a fantastic body scrub/massage with Siena, if you have a chance to go, I highly recommend it! On another note, the prices are very reasonable in the off season. Looking forward to my next stay!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Dear travelingwkids08,

Pool or beach is a really tough choice when visting us in Delray! I definitely hope you got a chance to enjoy both. Thank you so much for your kind words about us and our property!

Thank you especially for your praise of Siena in the Spa. She is a truly amazing massage therapist and its wonderful to know that you enjoyed it so much! I already passed on your praise to her and she was so happy! We hope to welcome you back soon.

West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for business. It was a preferred property by our company & despite it being a beach front location, it had the same rates as hotels near the airport! My co-workers had been here before & raved about it, so I was looking forward to my stay. I was scheduled for one night, but due to bad weather, ended up staying two nights. I love the valet parking, reception was so friendly and welcoming! One night I stayed on the first floor and the second night I was on the second floor, both were clean and quiet. My room was the same, the only complaint is that I had the same room/rates as others and I didn't have a fridge. Also, there was no garbage pale in the sink area of the bathroom in either room, which was odd. The property itself is beautiful, the pool was so warm and the water was almost overflowing, I love that! So many places to sit, an outside bar area as well. I had dinner in the restaurant one night and it was out of this world good!! I had breakfast in the other restaurant as well, and experienced great service from all and great food too! The location is great. Right across from the beach for morning or evening strolls, and a nice walk into town for morning coffee or dinner. I would without a doubt recommend to others and would love to visit again for a longer stay and a spa visit :)

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Dear Cat C,

No matter if business or pleasure we are the number one address in the area. It is our goal to make all our guest as comfortable as possible and to provide a memorable experience. I'm glad you had such a wonderful time with us and would like to to thank you for the detailed review!

Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We recently spent 2 nights at the Marriott Delray Beach but have visited several times before. I feel the real test of a hotel and it's services is how consistent it is over time. Every visit has been outstanding from the friendly and helpful staff to the cleanliness of their rooms and common areas. This hotel has an old world charm that is both cozy and comfortable. It is a short walk from Delray's main strip with many fine restaurants. Highlights are the pool area and lobby. A lovely spa is also available. We have stayed in many hotels along the coast and this is our favorite!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Mathias W, Front Office Manager at Delray Beach Marriott, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear Nancy H,

It is always great to read reviews like yours! We strive to deliver consistently outstanding service which goes above and beyond our guest expectations. Thank you so much for your kind comments regarding our staff, the property and its location. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Delray Beach
Residence Inn by Marriott Delray Beach
Colony Hotel and Cabana Club
Colony Hotel and Cabana Club
#5 of 15 in Delray Beach

Been to Delray Beach Marriott? Share your experiences!