“A Huge thank you from the Capital City Stealth Football Team!”
Review of Travelodge Deltona

Travelodge Deltona
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Deltona
Saint Johns, Michigan
“A Huge thank you from the Capital City Stealth Football Team!”
Reviewed 27 January 2013

Our entire football team traveled by van from Michigan to play football in the Orange Blossom Bowl! The Deltona Inn and their staff were AWESOME! Our rooms and beds were clean and comfortable, the pool was great, parking and all of the other amenities were outstanding! The hotel is very convenient to many shopping centers, restaurants, beaches, etc. The hotel staff was quick to serve us upon arrival and I would highly recommend the Deltona Inn to anyone!

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms were very convenient!
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Stealth_2013
Harry_Hogan, Manager at Travelodge Deltona, responded to this review, 6 February 2013
Thanks for the kind words about the inn and our fine staff. As you know they work very hard to keep our guests as happy as possible.
I'll be sure to pass your review along to the staff!!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
SK home
Reviewed 26 January 2013

My wife and I have stayed at this motel on a few previous occassions while traveling south for the winter, Those visits were when the property was under the Best Western umbrella and we generally were favorably impressed. This visit in Jan 2013 was a different matter. The room we had was in poor condition with a broken, unuseable table, stained easy chair, a rug that stained and clearly not vacuumed, stains on the bathroom door, and a toilet that had water stains. In general, the place was run down and in desperate need of renovation. Even the TV was from another era and was an old tube-type. A maintenance person mentioned ( when he replaced the broken table) that the property had a football team stay there recentl and they trashed the place. Maybe that explains some of the problems.

We tried the attached restuarant for dinner and again, not so good. The first clue was upon entering at about 6 p.m., we were the only people in there for dinner. The menu raved about their famous onion soup so I tried it! Terrible! There were no onions in it, and it tasted like dishwater. A pasta dish was presented with cold sticky angel hair, and a few shrimp. The shrimp and a salad was about all I could eat out of the entire meal.

I'm not sure why they have dropped theit affiliation with Best Western, but I suspect that it may not have been their choice.

Room Tip: Avoid front side rooms on a busy street - try for back side by the lake.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank mikemal

Travellers are raving about these Deltona hotels

Wheelersburg, Ohio
Reviewed 22 December 2012

We had to attend a wedding in Deltona, Dec., 2012, and we had never been to the area. I would highly recomment this hotel. It was clean, staff was EXCELLENT. The restaurant was top notch. In the back of the hotel was a lake wih plenty of space (green area) to walk your pet. All the staff was very pet friendly. Rooms comfortable. We would definitely stay here again. (Also parking for a Semi truck and trailer, which my husband drives.)

Room Tip: The handicapped rooms was very spacious with sit down area in shower. It was quiet when we were the...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank B R
Harry_Hogan, General Manager at Travelodge Deltona, responded to this review, 24 December 2012
Thanks for the kind words about our staff and the inn. I'll be sure to pass your comments along. the staff works very hard to keep our guests (and their pets) as happy as possible.
Thanks again for staying with us and have a very merry Christmas!!
Ridgecrest, CA
Reviewed 1 November 2012

My wife and I, a couple in our late 70's, stayed in Room #108, a king,non-smoking, drive-up room, on Tuesday, 2 October, 2012 prior to our next day tour of the Daytona Speedway, a very worthwhile and interesting tour and an easy drive from the motel.

The motel, a very large complex, is just off the !-4 and fronting a freeway on-ramp and, although older, is a very presentable and well maintained. It houses a 3' to 5' deep small swimming pool; an exercise room; a restaurant, bar / lounge with pool tables; a park like grounds with picnic tables and hammocks, and ample, well-lighted parking for large trucks, RVs, etc. There is also a retaining pond which fills at certain times of the year and which contains fish. Guests at times fish although they are not supposed to and children should be watched as they play on the grounds near the pond as it is not fenced.

We booked through Expedia for a total price of $66.49 after taxes.
Our check-in and departure went smoothly and our Discover card was accepted.

Our room, although fronting the highway, was quiet,fresh,clean and comfortable and free of odors and bugs. The furniture was simple but clean, in good condition, and stain free. The lighting was adequate and all lights and wall plugs worked. The appliances, including a single cup coffee maker ( provided with two each regular & decaf coffee packets) and the TV worked.

The bed linen was clean and stain free and the bed and 4 pillows were comfortable.

The bathroom was cramped, but clean, and water pressure and temperature were satisfactory. The towels were large and soft. Soap and shampoo amenities were provided.

The restaurant and bar open at 5:30pm and morning breakfast, consisting of waffles, cereal, bagels, donuts, juice, coffee, etc. is served at 6:30am. McDonalds & I-Hop are just down the street and around the corner and many major chain restaurants are in Orange City just 2 miles away.

The facility appears to be well managed and upon speaking with various reception desk personnel and kitchen and maintenance personnel they all appeared to enjoy their jobs and take pride in their work. Louise, in charge of the breakfast room,was in good spirits and never missed a beat, even at 6:30am.

We very much enjoyed our stay and will return again if we are in this area.

Our next stop is St. Augustine, FL.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank RetiredRidgecrest_CA
Harry_Hogan, General Manager at Travelodge Deltona, responded to this review, 8 November 2012
Thanks for the kind comments; I'll be sure to pass them along to the staff, who work very hard to keep our guests as happy as possible!!
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed 15 October 2012

I was shocked to watch the housekeepers clean 2 of our three rooms using the same dirty rags and when I asked them why they do that her response was that is what " Martha makes them". I hope Martha isnt the hotel manager because thats disgusting to say the least. We arnt talking about a dusting rag, Im referring to the rags they use to clean with in the bathrooms. I saw this with my own eyes.

Room Tip: Pay a little more and go to the Hampton Inn just down the street.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank mary j
We are very sorry that we did not live up to your expectations on this visit. We will certainly have a discussion with the housekeeping staff about your concerns. Hopefully you'll give us another chance in the future...
U.K
Reviewed 11 October 2012

This motel is an older property but we found it to be clean,the beds were very comfortable.
We had dinner at the grill,the food and service were really good.
Breakfast was the usual cereal,pastries,toast,waffles etc,no trouble getting a table and very clean and well organised.
Checking in and out was efficient...........no complaints whatsoever and the price was great!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank roscoetheotter
Thanks for taking the time to comment. I'll be sure to let the staff know they made on guest very happy.
We hope your travels will include the Deltona Inn again!
Williston, Florida
Reviewed 10 October 2012

This hotel is an older property, but it has been well maintained. The rooms are clean and comfortable, and the room rate is the best in the area. The hotel is located just off I-4, which makes it very convenient. The check-in/check-out process was a breeze, and the front desk staff was very friendly. The breakfast buffet was OK, although the selection was somewhat limited in comparison to some of the business oriented chain hotels. One request would be some additional available electric outlets in the room, since I travel with a laptop, cell phone, etc. which need recharging each night - I was able to charge everything, but it took some effort.

The room rate can't be beat in this area as far as I can see. There are several big hotel chains within a few miles, but their rates are quite a bit higher in my experience.

In my opinion, the combination of the value, location and condition of the property make this an excellent choice for the money. When I am back in this area again, I will be staying here without a doubt.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Scott3290
HarryH48, Manager at Travelodge Deltona, responded to this review, 11 October 2012
Thanks for your kind words about the inn and our fine staff!
They work very hard to make our guests feel welcome and I'll be sure to pass your comments along.
Hope to see you again soon...
Also consider these accommodations in or near Deltona
Hampton Inn DeBary/Deltona
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orange
Days Inn Orange City/Deland
Days Inn Orange City/Deland
#4 of 5 in Orange City

Been to Travelodge Deltona? Share your experiences!