“Just Lovely”

Gala Estate Vineyard
Ranked #2 of 3 things to do in Cranbrook
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Pop into our quirky green weatherboard tasting room ( Halliday 5* Winery)to try our award winning wines. Our range of wines are only available here at the cellar door so come and discover us! We stock a great range of local cheeses and Tasmanian Salmon, so why not grab a Picnic and go and explore this stunning Freycinet coastline. As we are a seventh generation sheep farm we also produce beautiful Super Fine Sheep Skins and Merino Woollen Throws weaved here in Tasmania. Great for birth gifts or a truely authentic Tasmanian gift. See you there!
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access
canberra
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Just Lovely”
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Fabulous wines, nice quirky decor and charming hostess. Favourite winery on our trip around Tasmania

Visited March 2014
1 Thank twiggleCanberra
Grainne G, Owner at Gala Estate Vineyard, responded to this review, 5 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review us. We strive to make the Gala Estate experience a memorable one. Take care Grainne

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Exquisite wine and walnuts!”
Reviewed 21 December 2013

I rarely post reviews on tripadvisor (don't shout I am working on it) but my afternoon at the Gala Estate Winery was amazing. With excellent chat and information from Grainne the wines were top notch and an unlimited supply of walnuts did not go down too bad either. A very beautiful location and a great cellar door experience. A must do on your way to Coles Bay!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank ireland_jpb
Grainne G, Owner at Gala Estate Vineyard, responded to this review, 22 December 2013
So glad that you enjoyed our wines and as you say the walnuts are pretty good too. Merry Christmas.
Melbourne, Australia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed 19 December 2013

Today we sopped by Gala Estate (Two couples with two children). Not only did we find some fantastic wines to take away but we were blown away by the hospitality! Grainne welcomed us with some wines to try and produced toys for our kids to play with, this enabled us to taste test and find a wine that we really liked. Thank you for your fantastic hospitality and for producing such fine wines!

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Richo75
Firstly , thank you for checking us out on Trip Advisor prior to your visit ans secondly I 'm glad you enjoyed the cellar door. As a mum of 3 I appreciate that wine testing and small children rarely is a pleasent experience so I'm glad I could make some distractions.I'm sure you had a great time at Coles Bay. See you again sometime and Merry Chrisrtmas.
Melbourne
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Bloody marvelous!”
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Last year my Mum came out from the UK to visit me and we enjoyed a trip to Tasmania. We stopped at this winery on the spur of the moment, as it just looked so inviting. An inviting little weatherboard farmhouse with an open bottle of red wine sitting outside the door on a wine barrel covered with a crisp white tablecloth...couldn't resist. The wife/owner, was a super friendly Irish lass and really welcomed us in. I'm a dedicated red wine drinker, but their whites were just fabulous! Their tasting notes were so accurate and noticeable- I usually read them and think "freshly cut grass with a hint of green pea...etc, etc...what a load of rubbish" but their wines truly captured all the flavours they described (and I have a most unsophisticated palate). I'm not a wine buff by any stretch of the imagination, but I love wine and wine tasting and have had a lovely time sampling wines in places like Coonawarra, Yarra Valley and Margaret River and I can honestly say that Gala Estate had some of the yummiest wines I have ever tried! Just wish my carry on allowance for my flight back to Melbourne had been 70Kg not 7kg. Will definitely make this place a must stop on my next Tassy visit. If you visit, you'll be thrilled.

Visited November 2012
3 Thank Giuls
Grainne G, Owner at Gala Estate Vineyard, responded to this review, 10 April 2013
What a lovely why to start the day. Thank you so much for the great feed back. We do strive to make the Cellar Door experience memorable and the wine speaks for itself.
Grainne
Sydney, Australia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Just brilliant!”
Reviewed 6 April 2013

I cant remember the last time i was content with having cheese and wine for lunch. Now i can as this place got us at 'Hello'. The wine especially the Pinot Gris was my favourite. We had the 'pickers lunch' and that was amazing. We wanted more!

The owners were so friendly and lovely that you cant help feeling good spending money here. Well worth the stop.

Visited April 2013
Grainne G, Owner at Gala Estate Vineyard, responded to this review, 7 April 2013
007 I persume,
Thank you for that wonderful review. It is so lovely to get that feed back as it lets us know we are on the right page.
Take care