“Quintessential Vermont Experience”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in North Bennington
The Henry House Inn
Woodstock, New York
“Quintessential Vermont Experience”
Reviewed 28 November 2011

Reserved 5 rooms for a birthday celebration nearby. We all loved the Henry House and the NEW owners Dave & Nancy. Loads of Vermont charm in this immaculate, freshly painted B&B dating back to 1760. Add in beautiful antiques, charming rooms and even a genuine Vermont covered bridge outside. Each room has a nice private bath. The breakfast was amazing with 3 cooked entrees, homemade muffins, yogurt & fruit and steaming pots of coffee. Loved it !

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Bethpage, New York
Reviewed 16 November 2011

This was the strangest experience my wife and I ever had at a bed and breakfast. The house itself is very nice and the rooms more than acceptable. However, the service is just plain strange. When we arrived we were greeted by a man-and-wife. They seemed a bit rushed although they did seem friendly at first -- right up until they began to explain that they do not live onsite and that they have their own farm in the area. They handed me the keys to the bed and breakfast (!) and told me that I should lock the door at night, that they were going home, and they would see me in the morning. We were the only ones in this entire building. They did leave a phone number in case of fire, psycho killers or general disasters. In the morning, when they came back they set up the poorest breakfast I have yet to see at a B&B. It was nothing but coffee and juice and a few muffins. No toast, no cereal, no croissant not even jelly. The husband, when it came time for us to go (the wife had left immediately after setting out the not-so-hearty breakfast) was busy installing a computer printer and although I was struggling with a lot of luggage he did not offer to help nor even hold the door open for me. Can you give less than a star?

Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank Neil S
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 13 October 2010

My husband and I recently stayed at the Henry House Inn--what a fantastic place!! It is not only a beautiful house with lovely grounds, but it has a wonderful 240 year history too. We loved sitting on the front porch with our coffee, looking at the covered bridge across the road which runs over top of the Wallomsac River . Don the Innkeeper was terrific. He told us about all the local historic points of interest, and recommended places to eat where the food was great and prices were good too! He went out of his way to make our stay a memorable one. It was our first visit there, but we will be back! I recommend it highly.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Philadelphia,PA
Reviewed 7 November 2009

I really enjoyed my stay at the Henry House! We stayed in the Borning Room (first floor) and were impressed with everything during our stay. The grounds are immaculate, the house is clean and well appointed without feeling too "fussy", and Don is a great host. I was very impressed with how well Don knew the area and the history of the house. He spent plenty of time answering our endless questions! We were told all about the house (it has a very neat past!) and we were even shown the old guestbook.

The house itself is very well maintained and has been meticulously updated and modernized. There are comfortable sitting areas, a small bar area, and an open kitchen. I felt at home being able to just hang at the bar counter in the kitchen and chat. There is a quiet front porch area with rocking chairs that would be great in the summer.

I definitely will recommend this B&B to all of my friends.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
northeast
Reviewed 22 March 2009

I've stayed at the Henry House several times. Don, the innkeeper is very friendly and does a wonderful job making sure his guests are comfortable and well cared for. I've had a lovely romantic getaway with my husband and a few getaway visits with friends and have never been disappointed.

• Stayed October 2007, travelled with friends
ny
Reviewed 6 July 2008

I'll try to stay positive but the male innkeeper leaves much to be desired. He's a bit aloof although he does know about local history. Not the warmest person in Vermont. He's accommodates your needs but seems quietly "put out" by the simplest requests. I won't be back.

• Liked — Location in bennington vermont
  • Disliked — The innkeepers
  • Stayed May 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank docpeters
#3 of 9 in Bennington
The Harwood Hill
The Harwood Hill
#3 of 8 in Bennington

Been to The Henry House Inn? Share your experiences!