“LOOK THE OTHER WAY!!!”

The Palms of Destin Resort and Conference Center
Ranked #29 of 55 Speciality Lodging in Destin
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Upon arrival the front desk was very unprofessional. There is a code to get into your tower and a code to your door. The condo is clean but you get the feeling that they moved a few pieces of furniture in and that's it. There are NO extras. I didn't even have a measuring cup or a baking pan. There is one pot in this place. I have seen other units as there are nine families staying here with us and it is the same in every one you go in. The pool closes at 10:00 p.m. and the Security guard clears the deck area around 11:00 p.m. I have never been kicked out of the pool area before. I understand closing the pool but telling 6 adults that they can not sit outside to talk is ridiculous. The beach is across the street from the condo. A shuttle will take you to the beach but you have to call them to pick you up. I was on hold for 30 minutes trying to get a ride back. They drop you off at a state park that is not close to any other condos, which some may like but the teenagers normally like to be near the condos to visit with others. The views are horrible I am looking at the Shopping mall next door. Don't bring drinks in the pool area. If you do not buy drinks at the Palms you will be told that it is illegal to consume near the bar which is at the pool. This place has the RUDEST staff I ever seen in my life.

• Stayed: July 2013
4  Thank ThankGodforLouisiana
Benjamin C, Manager at The Palms of Destin Resort and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2013

Thank you for staying at The Palms of Destin on your most recent visit to the area. Please know that we strive to exceed all of our guests’ expectations and we apologize this was not the case with your stay. What you experienced from our staff is unacceptable and the appropriate departments have been notified and the issues have been addressed.

In regards to your issues with the pool rules, we must adhere to these policies in order to provide the safest environment for our guests and owners.

We do offer a complimentary shuttle to the beach, but please know this is our peak season and the traffic can be an issue at times causing slight delays in the shuttle. We do apologize.

Again we are sorry for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay with us. We do hope we have the opportunity to host you and your family again.

Please feel free to contact me at bcornish@visionarydestin.com to discuss your stay in further detail.

Reviewed 30 June 2013

Our condo was nice, roomy & comfortable. We all enjoyed the pool area. Wished the beach wa closer but other than that the stay was nice. I would stay here again. They need more activities for children.

Room Tip: I always enjoy higher up rooms, they tend to have the best views :)
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Benjamin C, Manager at The Palms of Destin Resort and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at The Palms of Destin. We appreciate your business and value the positive feedback. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our luxury accommodations. We pride ourselves in hosting Destin’s largest lagoon pool and are always excited to hear about it!

Thank you again and we look forward to hosting you and your family on your next visit to Destin!

Reviewed 24 June 2013

I decided to book this place for my daughter, her friends, and I to stay during their Spring Break. The room we stayed in looked exactly as it did in the pictures. It fit us very comfortably. The place is quiet and very welcoming, with the staff being very informative. We did see the security every day we were there. The pool area was well-kept and was nice to be around. The location was perfect, seeing as everything needed was within a short drive. It also had many activities in the area as well. I didn't get to enjoy the bar, but there were a few stumbling drunks around the resort after midnight. My friend and her family joined us later on during the week and said they enjoy it much better than Panama City. Overall, my experience was wonderful. My daughter and her friends are looking forward to coming back here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Derika B
Benjamin C, Manager at The Palms of Destin Resort and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2013

Thank you for staying with us at The Palms of Destin. We appreciate your business and your positive feedback. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our luxury accommodations. We pride ourselves in being a family-friendly resort and are very excited that you enjoyed our lagoon pool!

Thank you again for you business and we can’t wait to host you and your family again!

Reviewed 16 June 2013

We stayed at the Palms of Destin (#1908) this past week. We had an awesome time (and I consider myself a hotel snob). I would totally recommend this place to any one. Very clean and well kept. Everyone was really friendly and helpful. We have a 10 year old and a 3 year old and they had a blast. This is a family friendly environment for sure! We are definitely going back next year!

Room Tip: Stayed in unit 1908! Great place!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Benjamin C, Manager at The Palms of Destin Resort and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2013

Thank you so much for your positive review. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. We pride ourselves in being a family-friendly resort and strive to exceed all vacationers’ expectations. We appreciate your business and we are so happy to see your family had a memorable stay with us.

We look forward to you visiting us again soon!

Reviewed 3 June 2013

Place looks great when you read about it, but once you arrive it is a different story. The front desk can be rude, parking is a joke, and there are way to many drunks and bratty teenagers hanging around the pool. I never saw security and was told upper management hangs out by the bar sometimes also. No wonder this place is a Zoo. Definitely not a place for children. My room was clean. That’s about the only thing good I can say. Food in the restaurant was just O.K.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Rose C
Benjamin C, Manager at The Palms of Destin Resort and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2013

Please let me begin by apologizing for any and all mishaps that occurred during your stay at The Palms of Destin. We pride ourselves in being a family-friendly resort and appreciate your feedback, the examples you provided do not reflect the values and principles of our staff. The appropriate departments have been notified and the issues have been addressed.

Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. We strive to meet all our guest expectations and do hope that we have the opportunity to host you and your family again. Please feel free to contact me bcornish@visionarydestin.com

Reviewed 31 May 2013

Our room was beautiful! Nicely decorated and very clean! The resort itself was not that great. We booked this resort because it sounded like it'd be great for our 2 year old. The splash pad and the fountain in the kiddie pool weren't working. Every time my husband asked why, the staff had some kind of excuse. We were there for a week and they didn't get them running until 2 days before we left. Most of the people at the pool were a bunch of teenagers/adults drinking and being loud and obnoxious. The parking was awful. Half the time one of the elevators wasn't working. So, getting up and down them took forever. This place is an absolute joke! We have been going to Destin every year for the past 8 years. This was the first time we stayed at The Palms of Destin. Never again!

• Stayed: May 2013
Benjamin C, Manager at The Palms of Destin Resort and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2013

Thank you for staying at The Palms of Destin. We are very delighted to know that you enjoyed our luxury resort accommodations.

However I’m disappointed to hear that we did not meet your expectations, we pride ourselves in being a family-friendly resort. The atmosphere you described at the pool does not reflect the values and standards of the resort and we appreciate you bringing your concerns to our attention. The proper departments have been notified and the issues have been addressed.

The functionality issues are not typical of the resort and we do apologize. However, when issues do occur I assure you the maintenance department manages the issue with the utmost priority.

Thank you again for your feedback and we do hope that we have the opportunity of providing you with further vacations in the future.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

The room we had was in great condition clean and well cared for. The room was fully furnished and kitchen was stocked with all the basic kitchen utensils. Couldn't have asked for a better room. The pool area was decent although somewhat aged and was a little dirty from time to time but was decent or better at all times. Would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family