“2906 is the one!”

Ranked #32 of 56 Speciality Lodging in Destin
Pensacola, Florida
“2906 is the one!”
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Wow is all I can say! If you are considering the Palms of Destin book this unit!!! It is listed on VRBO #475011. They have so many extras that you need on vaca and don't have to bring: WIFI router, cooler, 4 beach towels, sand toys for the kids, fan and some board games, just to name a few!! The unit is quiet and has the most beautiful sunsets!! This condo has hardwood floors throughout and beautifully textured walls!! I have stayed at the Palms for the past 4 years and this unit will now be the ONE I stay in!! We loved it!!

4 Thank RT S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I can't say enough about the condo we stayed in ("Serendipity" Room 21211). To start, it was a Penthouse condo, so we had great views of both the ocean and the bay from the balcony in addition to a fabulous view of the Huge pool. It was the biggest and nicest pool I have ever experienced. It even had a hot tub so big it had an island of palm trees in the middle of it. The condo itself was quite large and had such an elegant yet comfy feel to it. The master bed was probably the most comfortable bed I have ever slept on. The kitchen had everything you needed to cook (except food of course) and everything was so CLEAN!!!! The place even had a washer and dryer which was so convenient. Flat screen TV in every room. Really was impressed with this place, and will definitely be staying there again.

Room Tip: Serendipity - Room 21211 - Penthouse with views of ocean and bay.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lana D
Benjamin C, Manager at The Palms of Destin Resort and Conference Center, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
Thank you for choosing The Palms of Destin on your most recent vacation. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our luxury accommodations and fully equipped kitchens. We pride ourselves in hosting Destin’s largest lagoon pool and are so happy you were able to experience it. I agree, the views from our penthouses truly are breathtaking.

Thank you for the positive feedback and your business. Our beautiful lagoon pool and hot tub awaits your next visit.
Louisville, Kentucky, USA
Reviewed 4 September 2013

My family and I had a great time at the palm of destin. The fully equiped kitchen was great. We cooked and ate in breakfast and dinner at the condo which is very convenient and money saver. The resort pool was one of a kind. Both my 3 and 5 year olds loved the resort pool. The rooms were clean and functional. They provide a shuttle back and forth to the beach. The beaches are beautiful and wasn't overcrowded. overall, I will highly recommend this condo.

Room Tip: ask for odd numbered rooms. They have the resort view as well as the beach.
Lucedale, Mississippi
Reviewed 3 September 2013

The Palms of Destin is great. The rooms are beautiful and very roomy (we were in junior suite 11207 in the east tower). They have everything you might possibly need in the condo (except food). The pools are fantastic, they have one to fit everyone's needs. They are lit at night, but only enough for you to be able to see. I would imagine they don't have more lighting at night due to the fact that it would bother the tenants on the lower floors to have blaring lights coming into their rooms late into the night. The condo we stayed in had plenty of toilet paper and did have shampoo, soap, dish soap, paper towels, etc. Anyone much over 5' tall would not be able to sleep on the trundle bed, but for those under and children, it is perfect. I wish the shower stall had been in the master bath instead of the trundle bed bath. My husband ended up taking a shower in the other bathroom due to this.
The condo is not directly on the beach, but we would rather play in the pools than go to the beach anyway, so that wasn't a problem for us. Another thing that we liked was the playground for the children to play on. They also have tennis courts and a basketball court and they provide the equipment to use these.
All of the staff that I encountered was very friendly and helpful.
The only complaints I have is the fact that by the time they add all of the fees onto the bill you end up paying almost double the advertised price of the room. Actually, the entire resort is well worth the amount that we paid. We stayed in another resort in June which only had one bathroom and no real kitchen and paid the same price that we paid for the Palms.
In the end, I would definitely rather stay here than the other place for the price. I would also recommend this place to anyone visiting the area.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Benjamin C, Manager at The Palms of Destin Resort and Conference Center, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
Thank you so much for your review of The Palms of Destin. We appreciate your business and for choosing to stay with us. Customer service is very important to us and we try to ensure that all our guests have everything they need to make their stay as relaxing and memorable as possible and we’re happy to hear this was the case. We are so glad you enjoyed the resort and all it has to offer.

We look forward to hosting you and your family in future vacations!
Sulphur, Louisiana, United States
Reviewed 31 August 2013

I'm not one to book online, but I did for this trip. Than I read a few reviews and got scared. But when arrived the guy in the front desk was VERY FRIENDLY. The room was very nice, the room had everything we needed to cook with. The pool was beautiful and well lit at night. My kids enjoyed the stay here. The only down part was not on the beach. ( but that's ok) I would stay here again.... Thanks palms for making our stay wonderful.... We had the Jr.suit room 1711.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for choosing The Palms of Destin on your most recent vacation. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our luxury accommodations and fully equipped kitchens. We pride ourselves in customer service and try to exceed all of our guests’ expectations.

Thank you for the positive feedback and your business. Our beautiful lagoon pool will be waiting for you when you come back to see us!
Metairie
Reviewed 1 August 2013

We stayed in room 2908 Jr. Suite. The room was nice, and the kitchen pretty well stocked with dishes/utensils. The pool was pretty during the day. Those are probably the only positives. When we checked in, we weren't told you have to leave your driver's liscense at the desk to get a cart to unload your car. After walking back outside to get to our tower and finding no carts, we had to return to the front desk to get one and leave our driver's liscense. There is no air conditioning in the hallways or elevators (if there was, you certainly could not tell at all), and upon arriving to our room, it was 78 degrees. The checkout instructions taped to the refrigerator says to set the AC to 78 before checking out. So be warned, it will be VERY hot in the room when you get there, and while you unpack. It took several hours to get to a comfortable 72 degrees. I complained at the desk, and the lady just smiled and shrugged. I found the front desk staff to be very unpleasant and felt like they were going out of their way to give you information. There are also no shopping carts. The carts they have are the hotel style carts. So if you go to the grocery, be prepared to make several trips as these carts have no sides to them and groceries fall off easily (or bring a wagon with you from home for unloading!). Also, checkout time is 10:00am. My husband went very early to get a cart at 7:30am and there were none! We had to make 3 trips carrying all of our luggage to the garage in the heat with our kids. Not very pleasant! The garage was quite a distance from our room. There is a very strict checkout time at 10:00am, and if you go over they charge you and your keys are automatically disabled at 10:00am. The pool was very nice during the day, but be warned...there is very little to no lighting at night around and in the pool. We were there with our 10 yr old baseball team and found it almost dangerous to be out there at night. All of the parents were shocked at the lack of lighting. The pool closes at 11:00pm, so you would assume they would have adequate lighting to be out there. The liability they have there amazes me!!! I've attached several pictures to show how bad the lighting acutally is. We couldn't even see our kids in the pool!! I wouldn't plan to swim after sunset if you have kids.

3 Thank DeeDee080

Travellers are raving about these Destin hotels

Thibodaux, Louisiana
Reviewed 31 July 2013

When I was looking at reviews I noticed different things are important to different people, so here is a list of pros and cons.
Pros: the pool area is really well planned with alot of secluded areas around different pool types like mini oasis, condo unit seemed clean with newer decor, fitness room and lobby area very upscale, and although we didnt use it was nice to have restaurant and bar on site. Very conveniently located next to walmart.
Cons: units very sparsely furnished with necessities, this was the first time I rented a condo that didnt have basic spices,oil and other necessities in the kitchen, no extra garbage bags, not even a starter of dishwasher detergent or washing detergent, and worst of all we arrived at night and only had less than half a roll of toilet paper in each bathroom. I got up early before everyone to run to store.
Beach is across very busy hwy, shuttle only goes to Henderson park which is nice but preferred the public access beach across street because it was more teen friendly with beach chair rentals and even big inflatables to play on. Just dont expect to be able to walk across hwy, driving is a must.
The balcony didnt have any breeze because of the way it indents into the building, I would highly recommend putting ceiling fans, that would be really nice. Also the view was really disappointing, mostly a strip mall parking lot.
The trundle bed is very short, so don't expect to fit a full grown person to sleep comfortably, would be fine for younger children.
Mostly the employees were pretty nice and accommodating, even though our keys stopped working the last night of our stay. However, we had a bad experience while by the pool area. When returning from restroom, a maintenance guy(dressed in brown) informed us we couldnt have glass bottles which was totally understandable and my husband immediately returned the ice chest to our room, but the bad thing is he informed us he looked in our ice chest while we were gone. My husband and I were a little taken aback by that especially since I also had a beach bag with all our stuff next to each that appeared to be opened. We waited for our drinks we had ordered from bar before this happen and immediately left pool area.
While I dont think we would return, I think it would be a great place for younger children and it had come highly recommend, just not the place for our needs.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Destin
Embassy Suites by Hilton Destin - Miramar Beach
El Matador
El Matador
#5 of 15 in Fort Walton Beach
The Beach House Condominiums

Been to The Palms of Destin Resort and Conference Center? Share your experiences!