“Best deal and an awesome suite”

Candlewood Suites Destin-Sandestin
Ranked #10 of 39 Hotels in Destin
Beloit, WI
“Best deal and an awesome suite”
Reviewed 1 May 2011

My Husband and I desparately needed a get away. We originally planned two days inDestin and the two days in New Orleans.. Those plans changed when we walked into the suite. Fantastic in every way. Wonderful and helpful staff, quiet, comforable beds, We cancelled the last half of our trip and stayed in Destin. It has everything a couple could need. Great kitchen with everything but the food. Grills outside on the patio and places to dine outside also. Loved every aspect of the hotel. Outdoor pool, laundry.excersize room computer access and wi-fi and the nicest, friendliest staff I have ever met. They make you feel like family.

Room Tip: Make sure to make reservations through them.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jv50
bharrison99, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Destin-Sandestin, responded to this review, 5 May 2011
iv50,

It was truly a pleasure having you here. I remember when you said you were going to pass up New Orleans, but the fact that you had a good time is the most important thing. The next time you are looking for a getaway, call us directly and I will take care of you personally. Thank you again!

Boyd Harrison

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed 19 April 2011

Second time here ,and both times I've been impressed by the cleanliness of the hotel . Nothing overly luxurious here but not a luxury price either . Hotel has large rooms with kitchenettes that have microwaves,and a cook top,fridge,and a nice sized sink ,and plenty of room to get comfortable in with a nice recliner and a flat screen tv also. If you spend much time in the Destin area ,you know how expensive hotel rooms can be here .This one is a great deal at a fair price ( 85.00 when I was here in April ). It's not
beach front ,but I'm here for business so that's not important ,and I don't need to spend that much when here for work rather than play . Lot of restaurants nearby ,but not much in walking distance,though there are lots that are only 2-3 miles away .

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
bharrison99, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Destin-Sandestin, responded to this review, 21 April 2011
jeffoe,

Thank you for your balanced review of our fine hotel. We are very proud of the quality of the hotel that we have here, such as the amenities you mentioned, so we feel it is our duty to make sure that shines through to you in our cleanliness.

Roswell, Georgia
Reviewed 13 April 2011

Before I booked the trip I spoke with Rachel (Director of Sales) who answered all my questions, made sure the right room was selected and assured me that my little dog would be quite welcome. Destin resorts and beaches aren't dog-friendly but Candlewood was. In fact, they welcomed us like family.
Hotel was convenient, clean as a whistle and met all my needs. But many hotels do that. What made this property different was the attitude of the staff, Rachel, Boyd Harrison (General Manager) the housekeepers--everybody was great! I travel every week on business and rarely see this kind of sincere concern for the guests. Wish I could go back tomorrow.

Room Tip: Just ask
  • Stayed April 2011
1 Thank Spyvito
Spyvito,

Thank you for your kind comments! I think you hit on something special we have here, we are not a mega-resort where guests just become a name and a number, but our guests truly are special to us. You can rent a bed from anyone for a night, but to have the personal experience of truly being a "guest" of someone, where people have taken the time to ensure everything is just right for you, and that you are the most comfortable you can be... that is what we do. And all of us here at Candlewood Suites Destin appreciate you sharing your experience!

Miramar Beach, Florida
Reviewed 6 April 2011

Our stay at the Candlewood Suites in Destin, FL was one of the best experiences we have encountered in a long time. The management and staff are very accommodating and a pleasure to work with. Thank you Rachel for all your help!! The room was much more than we expected. We had the king suite, and found it to be very clean and roomy. The kitchen is fully equipped with all the essentials for light cooking (helps to cut down on the "eating out" expenses). The king bed is very comfortable and they didn’t spare any expense on the quality of the sheets and towels. Nice size bathroom with room for all the toiletries I brought along (and they also supply some too). We would definitely recommend friends and family to stay at the Candlewood Suites.
Linda and Scott

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
bharrison99, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Destin-Sandestin, responded to this review, 8 April 2011
beachbreezevacation,

All of us here at Candlewood Suites of Destin are so glad to read your kind words. Our team strives every day to be as friendly and helpful as possible, and I am pleased that shone through to you. For the remainder of your review, I will simply let the words speak for themselves, as I don't think we could put it any better! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your Candlewood Destin Experience!

Branson, Missouri
Reviewed 14 March 2011

My husband and I recently stayed at this hotel while taking a short vacation to the Destin area. As I worked in the hospitality industry, am very familiar and critical of hotels. We had wanted a beachfront property, but were unable to book, so selected this property as a "second choice". We are so happy that this was our choice. The service cleanliness, rooms, and location were wonderful. I certainly can see why this hotel has consistently rated high on TripAdvisor.com.

Our room featured a nice kitchenette (full size refrigerator with freezer, two burner flat top stove, full size stainless kitchen sink, microwave oven, cherry style cabinetry with dinnerware, flatware, storage, pots and pans, etc.) The flooring was laminate hardwood in the kitchen, carpet in the bedroom area and ceramic tile for the bath. The shower/tub walls were solid surface and very clean. The bath sink area was solid granite countertop.

The bed was quite comfortable, we had a table and two chairs, and a recliner. The television was a large flat screen that sat on our chest of drawers.

This hotel is just a few blocks from public beaches (close to Miramar Beach), near restaurants, shopping (situated between two excellent malls, near a Wal-Mart Supercenter), and offers easy access to Highway 98 and a few miles east of Destin.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PoodleBuddy
bharrison99, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Destin-Sandestin, responded to this review, 21 March 2011
PoodleBuddy,

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts and feelings about your stay! We are always happy to have other hospitality professionals stay with us, and thank you for doing so!

I believe you described our hotel in detail as best as anyone could. The Candlewood Destin is definitely a different kind of hotel for a beach atmosphere, mostly because we feature some many different amenities compared to your typical "beach hotel". The fact that we are the newest hotel in the Destin area means you also get the most up-to-date suite you can, as you mentioned with granite counters and flat panel tvs. And most importantly, we extend the saying "Candlewood Cares" to our feelings about all our guests, and we like to think we genuinely do so.

Thank you again, and if you are ever in Destin again we hope to be your 1st Choice!

Reviewed 6 March 2011

Hotel and rooms were clean and accommodating. Evening staff (Veronica) was extremely pleasant and very helpful helping us find restaurants in the local area.

• Stayed March 2011
bharrison99, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Destin-Sandestin, responded to this review, 12 March 2011
porterj33,

Thank you for your kind review. We do strive, every day, to be the warmest and best hotel in Destin. Our team takes special care of every suite to ensure the utmost cleanliness and your personal comfort.

Our team members, including Veronica who you named, are the key to us providing the best experience we can for you, our guest. I hope that we may see you again, and when planning your next vacation to Destin think of us first!

Fort Rucker, Alabama
Reviewed 1 March 2011

The Suites are amazing cozy and quiet very easy to fall asleep on the comfy bed. The staff was outstanding helped me with all my needs after my medical procedure and made sure I got the Goverment rate for military. They are very supportive of the military and there families. It is a great place to stay next to the beach and close to the night life to get to it but far enough away you are not in the middle of it. It is a great place to stay.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
mbrasel,

We are always pleased to have you as our guest here at the Candlewood Suites Destin. With the close proximity of the military in both our minds and in distance, we always do our best to take care of those who serve.

I am also glad you feel we are in a great location. We are close enough for a quick drive or inexpensive taxi ride, but not in the middle of the noise and bother. And, of course, we have our local partners within walking distance that take great care of Candlewood guests. Thank you again for your review, and we look forward to serving you in the future.