“Comfortable for price”

Candlewood Suites Destin-Sandestin
Ranked #10 of 38 Hotels in Destin
Reviewed 31 August 2011

Nice welcome, great front desk. Room was spacious, bed was comfortable, Like the bathroom being all in one, towels were plush nice amenities ie soap etc. Kitchen was clean with all someone would need for a long term stay...
Was disappointed in the Wifi with so many providing full unlimited time at a good speed, they only provide 512 band width for free, for high speed, you pay... not stated when I asked reservations. Fridge was loud making uninterrupted sleep impossible, guess I would have gotten use to it after a few more nights or I would have been just too exhausted to care.
Pillow selection was sad,,, 2 very small wimpy feather pillows - I would have liked them had they been larger. 1 foam pillow which we fought over we should have asked for more.
They do have a nice selection of DVDs to limit movie cost. Have a nice pantry to purchase things instead of going out. We saw a grill for guest use, very nice idea. Not far from beach (driving) with nice public access, parking and restrooms

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ladyintheknow
bharrison99, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Destin-Sandestin, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2011

Ladyintheknow,

Thank you for leaving us a review! We always appreciate the feedback.

Since your comments, we have procured additional large foam pillows and have begun placing more in each room - thank you for leaving us that feedback! The next time you are in Destin, please feel free to call on me directly to personally arrange your stay!

Reviewed 30 August 2011

If you're ok with driving to the beach this can be a great place, everything was clean but they do not have room service unless you stay for more than a week, you need to clean your own room and take your dirty towels to the front desk so they will give you clean ones. The room was small but it as a kitchen and the bathroom has a good size, there's virtually no view, but I think this place is ok if you want to save and need a place only to sleep after spending a day at the beach, which was our case. The staff was very friendly at all times.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank YasminTramontina

WorldCitizenGirl,

Thank you so much for your review! I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us!

I think you hit the nail on the head that while we are not on the beach, and that we are geared for extended-stay guests, we are the friendliest and cleanest hotel you can find here in Destin... and we take PRIDE in that! I am glad that it showed through to you and yours, and we hope to see you again.

Please feel free to contact me personally to coordinate your next stay, or any of my great team members!

Reviewed 16 August 2011

We enjoyed our stay at the Candlewood Suites. The front desk clerk was very nice and friendly. She did tell me on check in that there was no maid service, but that we could bring our towels any time for exchange. That was not a problem, since we would only be there for a couple of days. We did have problem w/ the toilet being stopped up as soon as we got in the room. But they gave us a plunger, and it was easily unstopped. I would have liked a little more silverware. We only had 3 place settings. We had 4 family members, so we had to keep washing spoons and forks, but that wasn't too bad. Not sure what was going on with our neighbors overhead, but you could hear constant running on the ceiling above us, and next door at about 3 AM, somebody was yelling in the room. I realize those things are out of the control of the hotel, but they did happen. Free wi fi is nice as well as the spacious suites. Very convenient to the beach. Nice refrigerator and microwave. Did not use the stove top, and there is no oven. Very comfortable beds. We would stay there again. Good value for the money. I have become spoiled by breakfast on site at the hotel. This hotel does not have one. I realize it is an extended stay hotel, but there are some extended stay hotels who do have breakfast. But we knew that and prepared.

Room Tip: I would get a room on the top floor.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Kihei09
bharrison99, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Destin-Sandestin, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2011

Kihei09,

Thank you so much for your kind and balanced review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay, and have shared it with my entire team here at the hotel. I do realize that the fact the Candlewood brand as a whole does not offer breakfast catches some guests offguard, but am glad you "knew that and prepared"!

If I, or anyone on my team, may be of assistance to you now or for your next trip to Destin, please let us know!

Reviewed 8 August 2011

Checked in on August 4 and was about to be charged for a higher price which means i had hell geting the correct accomodation and then toilet in room 118 wasn't flushing properly which meant we had to use a plunger and everyone said the plumber would come and never showed up and then Jamie and her staff tried to get us kicked out. I never stayed anywhere that didn't have free wifi, breakfast, or housekeeping that worked daily. While there some of the workers would just look. This was the worst hotel experience of my life and wouldnt recommend this to my own damn dog.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank jasmine b
bharrison99, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Destin-Sandestin, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2011

jasmine b,

I am disappointed you did not enjoy your stay with us. It is unfortunate that you were repeatedly calling hotel staff for an issue with your toilet when none actually did exist. This is also the unfortunate time the incident occurred when you and your party were asked to cease your inappropriate activities or vacate the hotel.

That said, I would like to correct that we do in fact offer housekeeping on a weekly basis for your privacy. We also offer FREE Wireless Internet Access throughout the entire hotel, sundeck, and surrounding outdoor seating areas.

I, along with my entire team wish each of our guests enjoy their stay. I hope that your next hotel selection be able to accommodate you better.

Reviewed 5 August 2011

We stayed at the Candlewood Suites Destin for 8 nights and 7 days so I can say that we got a good feel for the candlewood suites. The staff is very sweet including Viet, Charlie and Mary Kate. (I think that was her name). The room: clean, good value for the location, room service 1 x during week, exchange towels at the front desk. This is your basic hotel with a lot more. The kitchen in your room is great (refrig, service for 4 plates, stove top, pots, pans). There are even drawers in the bathroom to put your stuff away. The rooms do not have safes but they have a few in the main lobby behind the desk which they let you use and didn't complain with me having to get into it about 2 times a day. (Thanks!!) You can even borrow a movie to watch in the room. They also have a little snack area which is on the honor system. If I have to give a few critiques to the hotel I would say: 1) there is only 1 elevator and sometimes it does take about 5 minutes for it to come. Which can be a pain. 2) It is a little loud. Which I can't really blame the hotel on but maybe some people are not as curtious when shutting the door. If you don't gently close your door it sounds like your neighbor is slamming the door. You can also hear people talking outside the room. You can hear people upstairs moving around and walking. The noise can be a little annoying at night but we weren't really there much during the day. They are pet friendly and I love the sign that says "Pets Welcome, People tolerated". :) We brought our 17 year old dog. I will definitely return to this hotel. It was a good location for us and we really enjoyed our stay. Oh another thing - it is in Mirimar Beach between Destin and San Destin and about 1 miles to the beach. Thanks again! We had a good time!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Lovemybirds

Lovemybirds,

Thank you so much for staying with us for your week off. We were very happy you chose us for your summer getaway! We pride ourselves on all of the points you spoke about, and look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 1 August 2011

When we checked in we were told there were no housekeeping services. The story was that the numerous long-term guests at the hotel don't like to disturbed. I never heard of anything so ridiculous. I had read the glowing reports on Tripadvisor, but no one seemed to be bothered by the lack of housekeeping services. Needless to say, we turned around and left.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank alcret

alcret,

I am sorry to hear that you did not stay with us for your one-night stay. After speaking with my hotel team, I believe there needs to be a bit of clarification that: Yes, we do have housekeeping here on property that does in deed work every day, but no, we do not do service occupied rooms on a daily basis.

Of course, when a guest checks out, we service the room so that it is fresh and perfect for when the next guest checks in. I apologize for any confusion!

Reviewed 28 July 2011

Although we had to drive to the beach from the hotel, it was very clean and the staff was very helpful and friendly. The rooms are spacious and have everything you need. The pool is a little small, but the kids enjoyed it. The little pantry is an added plus, since it is open 24 hours for snacks, necessities, etc. The front desk offers free movie rentals, which we took advantage of on one of the rainy nights we spent there.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank JULES627
bharrison99, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Destin-Sandestin, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2011

JULES627,

Thank you for your kind review. My team and I are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive to differentiate ourselves by the quality and cleanliness of our suites. Our Candlewood Cupboard pantry and free movie checkout are some of our most popular amenities, both of which you also seemed to enjoy.

The next time you are planning on coming to Destin, feel free to call on me personally to coordinate your stay!