Candlewood Suites Destin-Sandestin
Sleep Inn(Destin)
  • Pool
Beach Resort(Destin)
  • Pool
All reviewsfree laundrylending lockerfront deskmelting potfull size fridgestove topmini kitchena pet friendly hotelpet feeextended staymiramar beachking suitebusiness centerwould highly recommend this hotellaundry roompleasant stayoutlet mall
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Wow, I have been to many fancy hotels but I love this place for the amenities and great customer service. We stayed at a 1 bedroom suite and it was tastefully decorated. It had everything we needed including a full kitchen, pantry, and living area with pull out sofa. The bed was comfortable and there were (3) pillows with varying levels of firmness. The towels were clean and soft (this is hard to get at even the upscale hotels). My pet peeve at hotels is the low shower pressure which makes it twice as long to take a shower thus defeating the water conservation goal. This was not a problem here, the shower head pressure was just right. I liked the Pantene shampoo line as well. We experienced a problem with the toilet which was promptly fixed. I found each time I went to the front desk to request keys or ask questions, each person was friendly and attentive. Again, this level of service is hard to come by at hotels in this price range. They also have a laundry facility (free!)which is a must when you are traveling with family/kids at the beach. It is in the same area as the gym which is odd but it worked out since I kept my eye on the laundry while I was on the treadmill. I will make this my go to hotel whenever I am in Destin. I love the location too, close to several beaches and restaurants.

Room Tip: The one bedroom suite is perfect for families with 2 kids or less.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank latingal
Keith M, Manager at Candlewood Suites Destin-Sandestin, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

We are so glad you had such a great stay here at Candlewood! Thank you for such great comments! We strive on a daily basis to please all of our guests and give you a wonderful experience at our hotel. We have the best staff out there and they love to see that you are happy! We appreciate you staying with us and hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Candlewood Suites was a very nice getaway the rooms were very comfortable and spacious had a small fridge The pool area was small but they had two wonderful gas grills for your use and use them we did they were very clean and worked out great. The hotel staff were very accommodating as were the maintenance staff from directions to great places to eat. had a small snack area with very fresh and hot coffee all day.

Room Tip: it is only 5 min. from the beach and all the shopping areas you would want.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kellygrandpa

Thank you for such a great review of our property! We always appreciate our guests taking the time to let us know what they enjoyed about Candlewood! We love our Florida folks coming to Destin for a quick weekend getaway! We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 3 September 2013

This was my first stay at Candlewood and I must say different but nice. I was shocked by finding out about no daily room cleaning but I could exchange my linen as needed. Also they offer free self laundry. It was Resort accommodations in a Hotel setting. The rooms were nice and clean and came with a refrigerator, microwave and a 2 burner stove top. Also you could checkout movies at the front desk. My experience was pretty good and I would stay at another Candlewood Suites in the future

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank G8R4EVA

We are so glad that your first experience with Candlewood was a good one! Having a full kitchen in the room makes it nice whether you are here for a few days, or for an extended amount of time. Due to the fact that we are an extended stay type of property, our guests like the privacy that we offer by only entering your room once a week to clean it. As you mentioned, we are more than happy to replenish any supplies you may need and linen as many times as you need us to. Our front desk is available 24 hours for you! We are always happy to lend you movies to watch in your room as well. After a long day on our beaches, it's a nice way to relax. Thank you for taking the time to let us know what a great experience you had at Candlewood. We hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed 19 August 2013

This is the first time that I have stayed in a Candlewood Suite and it will be my last. This hotel is very basic and the walls are paper thin and the furniture and linens of the cheapest quality. The room was clean but the leatherette armchair was coming apart at the seams, the bedspread was worn and one of the chairs lacked padding in the seat. Having a kitchenette is handy but because of the layout of the room this one was far too intrusive and it felt like you were sleeping in a kitchen.

This hotel has lots of positive reviews which is why I chose it. However I am now reminded that we all have different standards. When I booked this I was expecting something like a Hilton Garden Inn, Embassy Suites or Holiday Inn - this is way below the standard of those hotels.

On the plus side I was impressed that shortly after we had settled into the room the very friendly lady from the front desk phoned the room to make sure that everything was in order. I didn't complain because I realized that the mistake in booking this hotel was mine and the room was exactly what many people would have expected.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank FloridaGirl2012
Keith M, Manager at Candlewood Suites Destin-Sandestin, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2013

We want to apologize that your stay was not a great one. We strive everyday to keep our hotel clean and fresh for each guest. We pride ourselves in being an extended stay type of property and offer several amenities to make your stay feel like you are at home. There is a complimentary laundry available to our guests, as well as a business center and pool and BBQ grills. We hope that you will give us another chance to prove to you why Candlewood is rated #2 out of all the hotels in the area. We can assure you that it will be a better experience. Please contact us directly to schedule your next stay!

Reviewed 17 August 2013

The hotel/suite was amazing simple and almost like a mini apartment. You can walk over to an amazing dining experience next door. Only issue is the ability to enter and exit is a little odd. The location is awesome though because you are just outside of the hustle and bustle.

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank Joshua W

We are so happy to hear that you had a wonderful stay! We are definitely close to everything you would need, but set apart enough to give you a relaxed feeling. We hope that you were able to enjoy our beautiful piece of paradise and the great attractions around us. We do have an entrance at both sides of the hotel, as well as an entrance at the front and back. All you need is your room key to enter the premises. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you soon!