“Watch your Fund$”

Candlewood Suites Destin-Sandestin
Ranked #9 of 38 Hotels in Destin
Reviewed 21 December 2013

As other reviews say, the facility was very nice. Their financial dealings are deceptive.

December 6, 2013 my wife called. She requested a pet friendly room for 2 adults and our small dog. The reservationist quoted $72. She gave a credit card for a non-refundable $72 payment.

Upon arrival the desk clerk insisted that I sign forms accepting liability for the dog’s behavior; I understand this. He also demanded I sign another form authorizing an additional $30 payment. Which is completely contrary to the contract my wife made with them earlier in the afternoon.

I spoke with a couple of “supervisors.” None would honor the contract. All had numerous bogus reasons rationalizing their refusal to honor the $72 agreement.

Watch your fund$.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank boatman46256
Keith M, Manager at Candlewood Suites Destin-Sandestin, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how well you enjoyed our facilities and some of your concerns as well. We appreciate you being one of our valued guests and we take your concerns seriously. We definitely want you to fully understand how our pet fee works. We are a pet friendly hotel and love when our guests are able to bring their pets with them. This is a separate fee from your nightly rate, which did not change from the time that you made your reservation. The $30 fee is our non-refundable pet fee. This is used to deep clean the room after your family and pet check out. We spend extra time making sure that the room is deep cleaned and carpets are shampooed for the next guest. Please call the hotel directly (850)337-3770 if you have any other questions that I have not answered. Again, we appreciate you choosing to stay with us and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 1 December 2013

Mr. Charlie Lane, Resident Manager from day one made sure that we had every thing we needed. He and his staff was very courteous and give us good tips on where to go and the best restaurants to eat at. The rooms were clean and the beds are very comfortable. Staff was excellent especially. Overall I would rate this hotel a 5 out of 5! Also any further trips to this area no matter the drive I will be staying at the Candlewood.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank jennifer e
Keith M, Manager at Candlewood Suites Destin-Sandestin, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Thank you Jennifer for your wonderful review of our property. We also appreciate you letting us know how helpful our staff was while you were here, especially our Resident Manager, Charlie. He is such a vital part of our team and goes above and beyond to make sure all of our guests have exactly what they need to make their stay a great one. Please let us know when you are back in the area. We would love to have you as our guest again!

Reviewed 25 November 2013

I have traveled and stayed in many hotels due to being in the military, this was my first time staying here. The staff was excellent especially the general manager and front desk staff. I was upgraded at no cost due to being an IHG member, the cleanliness of the hotel was incredible. The bed and other furniture was very comfortable and in great condition. The location of the hotel was perfect not to far from everything but just far enough to not be right in the middle of all the traffic and craziness. Overall i would rate this hotel a 5 out of 5! Also any further trips to this area no matter the drive I will be staying at the Candlewood. I did not rate the restaurant portion because this hotel does not have one, which is not a big deal since i had a kitchen in my room and I was so close to most of the restaurants in the area.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Stuart K

First of all, we want to thank you for your service to our country. We are honored to have you as our guest at Candlewood. We appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to let us know how much you enjoyed your first stay at Candlewood Suites. We also appreciate you being one of our loyal IHG Rewards Members. It was our pleasure to upgrade you as our thanks to you. Our entire staff at Candlewood strives hard to ensure that our hotel is clean and comfortable for you while you are here. We want you to feel at home. Again, thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 22 November 2013

This is our 2nd time staying here and we will not hesitate to stay here our next visit. The staff is very nice and helpful. You have easy access to many beaches up and down the Emerald Coast. The rooms were clean and the the beds are very comfortable. The staff was very pleasant at all times. The full kitchen is a great option as well. Gym facilities are great if you are not one to run on the beach. Weights, treadmill & elliptical are available. The fact that this is a pet friendly hotel does not impact how clean this hotel is. Really a great place to stay.

Room Tip: 4th floor rooms on the north side will give you nice bay views.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for staying with us while you were in town. We are so glad you were able to enjoy all of the amenities that we have to offer. Our gym is a perfect way to start your day off before you head to our beautiful beaches. We truly are located in paradise and hope that you will be staying with us again soon. We appreciate you allowing us to be your hotel of choice while in the Destin/Sandestin area.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

As a girls' trip, we visited Destin for the outlet mall to shop for Christmas. We stayed overnight as we could not get it all in in one day. The candlewood suites was amazing! For the price, you get a full kitchen! The beds were wonderful with thick warm linen and blankets. The shower head and pressure were better than any I have ever stayed! (I don't want a flimsy shower!) The room was very neat, tidy and spacious for three ladies. No breakfast is offered, but local eateries are convenient. The staff was super professional and friendly. I really enjoyed it!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

We are so glad you girls had such a great trip! We are located within such a close proximity of several amazing shopping areas. The Silver Sands Premium Outlets are located one half of a mile East of us. Thank you for the kind comments regarding our hotel. I will pass them on to our staff. They love hearing that our guests have had a great experience at Candlewood. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 14 November 2013

Pleasant staff, great location, nice sized rooms and pet friendly. Hard to beat the price for a location with perhaps the most beautiful beaches in all of Florida. You could drive a bit further and be in the heart of the hubbub, but nothing is that far away. And - much to my dismay, it's too close to great golf and outlet stores - yikes!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Keith M, Manager at Candlewood Suites Destin-Sandestin, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

We are so glad you had such a great experiene at Candlewood! You are correct... we are so close to some of the most beautiful beaches in the world! We are also located 1/2 mile from the largest outlet mall in the United States! There is so much to do within a short drive so please come back and see us again soon! We have some amazing restaurants near us as well, so let us know when you are ready to experience a little more of paradise and we will point you in the right direction. Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 25 October 2013

I recently attended a wedding in Destin and used Trip Advisor to find a nice hotel with a decent nightly rate. I couldnt have been more pleased with our stay at Candlewood, the staff were very professional and super nice. As an example I was looking for same day dry cleaning either Sunday or Monday as the wedding was Tuesday afternoon, unfortunately the earliest I could get my dry cleaning was Tuesday evening. The manager (I believe his name is Keith) and staff took it upon themselves to wash my pants and dress shirt and and had them ready for me when I returned from the rehearsal dinner Sunday evening. Keith even offered to take my clothes home for the night and have his wife iron them, you cant be more hospitable than that. The rooms have everything you need for an extended stay (refrigerator, microwave stove, utensils, dishes/bowls, and a dishwasher.) The only downfall is that the rooms are only cleaned once a week however you can get fresh linens from the front desk any time you need them. Location is excellent, its literally a 5 minute walk from the beachfront. Overall great stay highly recommended!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Ryan H
Keith M, Manager at Candlewood Suites Destin-Sandestin, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We are so honored that you chose to stay with us while you were in town for a wedding. It's so nice to know that you enjoyed your stay! We have a wonderful staff and it was our pleasure to help you with your dry cleaning. Please let us know when you are back in town and we look forward to seeing you again soon!