“Outstanding! ”

Ranked #11 of 39 Hotels in Destin
La Grange, Illinois
“Outstanding! ”
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

We went to the Palms of Destin and ended up leaving because of the condition of the rooms (awful) and came here instead. Alexis at the desk was so helpful, pleasant and efficient and had a great attitude even though it was a second shift in a row for her. If I owned a hotel I would want her to be the face I would show to customers, she was absolutely great and the rooms were very clean. Thank you Alexis and Candlewood for a great experience.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank JWarmus
Jaime C, Manager at Candlewood Suites Destin-Sandestin, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. We were so honored to have you as our guest. We are glad that we were able to help make your vacation a great one. I will pass on your appreciation to Alexis. We truly have a great staff and love when their hard work is recognized. We hope that you will come back and see us again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 31 July 2014

The hotel was like living in a big formal house! The linens were crisp and clean and full of fresh pillows like I had requested. I had a one bedroom king. In my opinion, the room should have no more than 3 people max. (3 adults, or 2 adults and 1 child).

The staff was gracious with requests, and I liked their honor pantry that had snacks at reasonable prices. The pool looked a little cloudy when we got there, but by daybreak it was crystal clear.

Okay, now for the glitches!The toilet kept clogging while we were there. The sewage draining system in Destin and parts of Fort Walton Beach can be a little weird at times due to the geographics(I'm from here). Felt a little let down, but not overly surprised. The management when notified, took care of the 1st incident. The rest of the time, the toilet was slow draining/clogged off and on.

The second incident was their credit card machine. Every hotel I have stayed in, the credit card runs around 3 am the day of checkout. I received my bill under the door no problem overnight. When I went to check out they said my credit card had failed(different than declined). I called my credit card company and they said it was the hotels credit card machine, the hotel said it was the credit card company. Well we agreed to disagree, however through out the whole drama the manager was calm and polite. I had a back up plan(not supposed to travel on one source of funding anyways), and went to go initiate it. The manager called me over and to me the charge went through(or maybe their machine went back online who knows). At any rate, every one remained calm and professional.

All in all, not a bad stay..

Room Tip: 4th floor you get a peek of the bay :)
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Jaime C, Manager at Candlewood Suites Destin-Sandestin, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to let us know how your stay was. It's great when we have one of our "locals" stay with us! I remember you quite well and appreciate your patience as we worked with the credit card company. It seems they were unable to make those funds available after we made a call to them. Thank you for choosing Candlewood to be your hotel of choice. Please call me when you are back in the area and I will personally make sure we make it a pleasant experience. We appreciate your review and hope to see you again soon!
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Our family really enjoyed staying here. The rooms were very clean and spacious.

They've really thought of every convenience. The guest laundry, lending locker and cupboard were really nice extras. We had no problem with the maid service policy.

The location is great for beaches and shopping as well. For the price you really can't beat this place. We've stayed in more expensive places that didn't offer as much. Two thumbs up!

Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Scadanna
We are so glad your family had a great stay with us. It sounds like you were able to enjoy several of our amenities. Our Lending Locker is something new at Candlewood, but everyone seems to really enjoy it! Thank you for the positive feedback. Have a wonderful rest of your summer!
Montgomery, Alabama
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

My GF and I stayed March 26-28 the room was great, but they didn't have complimentary breakfast. Service was A++ enjoyed the shopping outlet was like under a mile away beach was nice as well. We're going back this week coming up

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Roy H
We love hearing that our guests are coming back after having a great stay at Candlewood! We strive on a daily basis to make you feel at home while you are here and hope that you will continue to allow us to be your "home away from home". We hope that you were able to get a little rest and relaxation while you were here, along with some great shopping!
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Reviewed 22 July 2014

The staff at this hotel did whatever they could to make our stay more pleasant. I took my extended famnily to the area for 4 nights vacation and we had a great time. The hotel is East of all the activity in Destin and is convenient to several beaches.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Business_Traveler678
Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to let us know how great your vacation was! It sounds like you and your family had a wonderful few days! We appreciate your kind comments about our staff! I will let them know that their hard work was appreciated by our guests. We truly are located in paradise and hope that you will be back to enjoy it again soon!
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We were able to fit 3 adults comfortably in a room with a king bed and pull out couch. The hotel rooms are clean with a spacious kitchen. Close to both Destin Commons and the outlet malls. Quiet at night for the most part, but if you plan on sleeping in get a room on the 4th floor- you can hear people moving about above you. Just here for a weekend and it was perfect and reasonably priced.

Room Tip: 4th floor rooms for the most quiet mornings...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Wanderlust3483
We are so glad that the King Studio Suite you reserved was perfect for your stay. It is such a beautiful room and very spacious. We hope that you were able to enjoy the kitchen in the room as well. It's nice to be able to make a meal in your room after a long day at our beautiful beaches. As you mentioned, the shopping here is wonderful! We are located about 1/2 mile from the largest outlet mall in the United States! The Destin Commons is a beautiful shopping area located about 3 miles from the hotel. They just did a big expansion, so make sure you come back and check it out! Thank you for being our guest. We love to hear that you had a great stay!
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Friendly staff ... even at 4am!! Room was clean and spacious with a full kitchen which is the best when traveling with toddlers. No free breakfast. Actually no food served there and this is why it got a 4 and not a 5. Great hotel!!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank KellyLoCascio
Thank you for such a great review! I will pass your comments on to our housekeeping staff. They always appreciate the positive feedback. They work hard to make sure each room is clean and ready for each new guest that arrives. Due to the fact that we are an extended stay type of property, we don't serve breakfast, but I hope you were able to find something in our
"Candlewood Cupboard" to enjoy for breakfast. There are so many delicious items to enjoy for breakfast, ranging from danishes, oatmeal, breakfast biscuits and yogurt, just to name a few. We appreciate you staying with us and hope we will see you next time you are in town!