Candlewood Suites Destin-Sandestin
Sleep Inn(Destin)
  • Pool
Beach Resort(Destin)
  • Pool
All reviewsfree laundrylending lockerfront deskmelting potfull size fridgestove topmini kitchena pet friendly hotelpet feeextended staymiramar beachking suitebusiness centerwould highly recommend this hotellaundry roompleasant stayoutlet mall
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 April 2010

This has got to be the noisiest hotel I've ever stayed in. We had a room facing hwy. 98 and we could hear all the traffic going by. What's even worse was we heard noise from our neighbors above, belowc and next to us. We heard every door closing, people walking through the halls, and all kinds of knocking and bumping throughout the night. Needless to say, we didn't get much sleep. Stay away!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank atlantic2580
CWSGM, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Destin-Sandestin, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2010

Thank you for your candid comments. We take pride in attempting to provide excellent service and a comfortable environment for all of our guests. I was not aware that you were bothered by noise. Did you by chance say anything to the front desk? If a complaint is made, the desk is instructed to locate the room causing the noise and politely inform them a complaint has been made. I personally apologize and do hope that you will give us another try at ensuring your needs are met. Thank you again for your comments so we can continue to improve our quality of comfort.

Reviewed 7 April 2010

I booked this Hotel based on tripadvisor's ratings. While it is very new, it sits right next to the highway, and is more than a mile from the beach. I thought a 4 star rating meant something. I think there is something fishy about all of these ratings! This is a new mediocre lodging. They gym sits in a tiny little room, no breakfast, laundry soap was $1.50 for a little box. The cleaning staff was very nice, but the check in staff was very impersonal. I would not recommend this place. I checked out immediately the next day, and found a great place right on the beach for $10.00 more.

Stayed: March 2010, travelled solo
4  Thank litebox
CWSGM, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Destin-Sandestin, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2010

Thank you very much for your input. The Candlewood Suites has been no lower than a ranking of 4 over the last 2 years. We take pride in our work. We are just a half mile or so to the closest beach access. Most of our guests drive a little bit further to a larger parking lot near Pompano Joes. Candlewood Suites offer free coffee and multiple items to purchase in the cupboard. We offer breakfast sandwiches, bagels, muffins, fruit, yogurt, and several types of juice. Yes, there is a small charge for cupboard items, but our room rates are typically much lower than comparable hotels that provide breakfast. We also offer full kitchens in every one of our suites. Yes, we do charge for our soap, which is enough to do 1-2 loads, but using the washer and dryer are free! I'm sorry that you decided to stay elsewhere. We do appreciate your feedback and hope that you will consider a Candlewood in the future.

Reviewed 6 April 2010

My wife and I stayed two nights at Candlewood while we were looking for real estate and we were very pleased. The hotel is conveniently situated between most of the area's shopping and businesses. The en suite kitchen had everything one would need for a short stay and the beds and bathrooms were comfortable and clean. The staff was friendly and eager to share area information. As with any hotel, I would advise booking a top floor if possible because of the the floor noise. The business center is located in the lobby and is easy to use. Overall, a good stay.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
CWSGM, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Destin-Sandestin, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2010

I am so glad the two of you enjoyed your stay. In addition, you taking the time to compliment us means so much. Working at a hotel can be very demanding and times and we always appreciate folks who take a few moments to compliment us. I hope your real estate hunting went well. I have resided in Destin for 15 years and this IS the time to buy. If you don't do it now you will be kick'in yourself 5 years from now. Thanks again and please come back when you close on that real estate purchase! :)

Reviewed 29 March 2010

Made reservations using Priority Club points (Platinum member). Upgraded for $10.00 per night to get a two bed room. Stayed for seven nights. At check-out the amount due was only $20.00 rather than the $70.00 I expected. Reason was I got a free upgrade for the nights that a room was available of the same type I was renting. In addition, the entire staff was friendly and attentive. Enjoyed the stay immensely. Highly recommend this hotel. Close to the beach and a short drive to many very good restaurants and outlet malls.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
CWSGM, GENERAL MANAGER at Candlewood Suites Destin-Sandestin, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2010

So glad you enjoyed your stay! Thank you very much for taking a few moments to compliment the Candlewood Team. We also appreciate you being a Priority Club member! See, the membership does have its benefits! Your Platnium status is earned and you deserve an upgrade. We thank you so much for your IHG loyalty and letting us know how pleased you were.

Reviewed 21 March 2010

I truly enjoyed staying at the Candlewood Suites. The customer service was great...thanks staff members. This hotel is clean and neat. It is close to the shopping malls, Silver Sands & Destin Commons, including restaurants. I got a great discount rate from my job, so I got a great place to stay at a very reasonable price. I would highly recommend this hotel as a place to stay. They have mini kitchen that consist of a stove, full size refrigerator, a laundry facility onsite, exercise room, business center as well as free internet access, outdoor pool, and gas grills.

I would like to say thanks to the staff that worked the week of March 15, 2010 for providing great customer service. I will definitely return to this hotel for my next stay in Destin, FL.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
CWSGM, GM at Candlewood Suites Destin-Sandestin, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2010

So glad you had a great time and enjoyed the Candlewood Suites. We appreciate your comments and informing others about our wonderful amenities. We hope to see you again in the near future!