“nice place ,good location”

Candlewood Suites Destin-Sandestin
Ranked #11 of 39 Hotels in Destin
USA
“nice place ,good location”
Reviewed 25 November 2010

this is in busy Miramar Beach but in a decent location along route 98. This Candlewood is nice and in good shape. I forget that Candlewoods can be very nice and cheaper than Staybridege properties but both are owned by the Holiday Inn folks. As long as the Candlewwod is not more than 3 years since a remodel, they are very nice. The decor
is tasteful and much better than dumpy Choice properties like Mainstay.
It is worlds better than Extended Stay America which are gross most of the time nowadays.
I paid 80 here but Priceline might do better. According to the gorgeous lady at the desk,
the oil spill has changed visitor patterns..so you might get a room for less nowadays.
The beaches look perfect... and no smell.. at least for what I saw. I guess there was
some workers staying here awhile back. As long as they keep these properties up
they are Very nice. I hope they keep it that way and dont fall back into the neglect that
Choice International has all over their properties.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled solo
bharrison99, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Destin-Sandestin, responded to this review, 29 November 2010
trav3908,

Thank you for your review. Given the volume of contributions you have made to Trip Advisor, I can tell you are a well traveled person and that you have stayed in many a hotel. We do pride ourselves on being a high quality hotel, nonetheless in a beach location... which does not always occur. Part of the reason for our quality is that we are always improving, based not only on what WE see at the hotel but also from YOU, the guest. I can assure you that for as long as I am here we will strive for excellence.

Boyd Harrison

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 16 November 2010

I enjoyed my stay here in this new and comfortably furnished hotel. I especially appreciated the comfortable beds and blackout blinds, for those mornings where I wanted to sleep in. Staff were very friendly and responded to our needs very quickly, including the couple of times we left our keys in our rooms. It's not a beachfront hotel, but the beach is just a short walk or drive away, as are good restaurants and retail stores. I would recommend the Candlewood Destin to people looking to vacation in the area as well as those looking for extended stay accomodations.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
bharrison99, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Destin-Sandestin, responded to this review, 18 November 2010
middan94,

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us.

We frequently receive positive comments about our Sealy Posturepedic pillow-top beds, and I can personally attest they are in fact really comfortable. And regarding your recommendation, we are precisely designed for the extended-stay guest with our full-kitchens and free guest laundry. Thank you again for your comments, and we look forward to serving you in the future!

Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed 16 November 2010

Normally I expect to have to compromise with a pick two sort of scenario when I stay at a hotel (service, cleanliness, value) but in the instance of the Candlewood in Destin I was pleased to find no need to do so. The staff was helpful and pleasant at all hours of the day and night, my room was immaculate, and the price was even lower than many of the limited service hotels. So for a lower price I got more space, a kitchen, and a bed that I found to be more comfortable than the one I have at home (due to it being an extended stay hotel).

Also, for fear of sounding like an insider, one negative I found was that the entryway was slightly hard to navigate, which required me to pull a quick U-turn the first time I arrived. If you're not blind (like me) you probably won't have any issues though.

wealthofnations,

Thank you for your balanced review. You are exactly right, the Candlewood Suites brand is about giving you, the guest, Great Value! With all of our free amenities and spacious suites, we are the perfect hotel for so many travelers.

With regard to your comment about visibility, we are actually working with a landscaping firm to improve make our entrance more noticeable, so hopefully the next time you visit Destin this will not be an issue! Again, thank you for your comments, and if I or any of my team may be of assistance to you to coordinate your next stay, please feel free to call on us!

Reston, Virginia
Reviewed 16 November 2010

Great hotel! Clean, friendly service, and great location too. Easy to find for out-of-towners. Lots to do, beaches and activities all around. Also, great local restaurants.

VTguest2002,

I am happy to see you enjoyed your stay with us! Our hotel is, as you said, in a great location with lots to do (even in the off-season) and plenty of fine restaurants. Thank you again for your comments, and if we may of be of any assistance to you upon your next visit to Destin, please feel free to call upon me or any of my team.

Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed 25 October 2010

My Husband & I needed a relaxing weekend away and love the Candlewood brand, so we stayed here. We could not be happier! Our suite was very nice and the entire property & grounds were absolutely immaculate! We loved the staff as well; made us feel right at home and were very accomodating and helpful. Definitely a nice place to stay and very conveniently located as well. We will be back!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
bharrison99, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Destin-Sandestin, responded to this review, 26 October 2010
tallytonya2,

I am very pleased to read that our staff took such good care of you and your husband while on holiday. We do pride ourselves on professional quality in both our suites and our team.

Thank you for being our guest, and we look forward to serving you in the future upon your next stay with us!

Warm Regards,
Fort Rucker, Alabama
Reviewed 7 October 2010

This Hotel is Amazind great service. Right down from the beach. The front desk help me order the great food food and Rachel help me with thegreat nigt life. Everything was very convenient to the location of the hotel and when need a taxi they woud call for us. My Stay was very nice it reminded me of going home and staying with mamma. I a appretiate the great stay.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
bharrison99, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Destin-Sandestin, responded to this review, 11 October 2010
mbrasel,

Thanks for the positive review. We always welcome our guests thoughts and feelings regarding their stay.

We do pride ourselves on quality of service and product, we strive not to be a typical "beach hotel", but a great hotel near the beach! And you are exactly right, there is a lot of great nightlife in Destin if you know where to look.

If me or my team may ever be of service to you, please feel free to reach out to us.

Dothan, Alabama
Reviewed 4 October 2010

I looked at several Hotels in the Destin area before deciding to go with Candlewood. Most of the other places were much higher for a LOT less room. We stayed in a one bedroom King Suite and there was sooo much room. The suite had two 32" flat screens, the bed was the BEST bed I've ever come across in a hotel and the kitchen is very nice. Be aware though, this is a pet friendly hotel. So if you have any allergies that may be an issue. That said, I saw no pet hair anywhere in the room, halls or the lobby. I saw no spots and noticed no odor anywhere in the hotel. I did see some snags in the carpet and the sofa, but they were minor.

Our room was on the back side of the hotel and had a good view of the bay. The hotel is centrally located between all the nice shopping areas. The gym is very nice with two treadmills, a step machine, a three station cable weight machine and a stationary bike. There is also a TV in the gym and towels to wipe off the sweat. The laundry room is inside the gym and it's FREE. Yep, I said it's FREE. You get a free local newspaper and Wall Street Journal as well. The place is very quiet, no kids or teenagers running up and down the halls, no loud music, no headboards banging against the wall. The windows actually open and have screens so you can enjoy the fresh air.

Their is no doubt that I will stay at Candlewood Suites again and I will most definitely recommend this hotel to anyone.

Oh, and the best thing about our stay at Candlewood Suites...we got to watch Alabama spank Florida. Roll Tide Roll!!!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
bharrison99, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Destin-Sandestin, responded to this review, 6 October 2010
Toddchoc,

Thank you for the kind words, I don't think anyone here could have characterized the hotel better! We are chock-full of Candlewood Values, like the free laundry and gym you mentioned, as well as free internet!

And yes, we are a pet friendly hotel! We do charge a pet-fee, which allows us to spend the extra time and attention to the room after our guests have departed to make sure the suite is back to Candlewood quality! And please, when you do decide to return to Destin, call me or my team personally to coordinate your stay!