“Good stay. Great service”

Candlewood Suites Destin-Sandestin
Ranked #11 of 39 Hotels in Destin
New York City, New York
“Good stay. Great service”
Reviewed 16 February 2011

A great place to stay. The room was very clean and exceeded all of our expectations. The location was superb. Beds were comfortable and clean, room was a good size and tastefully decorated. Staff was attentive, courteous eager to assist when we requested a playpen for our son. The night time concierge, she was especially helpful when our 1 year old developed a fever. All in all a great experience.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
bharrison99, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Destin-Sandestin, responded to this review, 17 February 2011
JJisafool,

Thank you so much for your kind words. We hold ourselves to the highest standards to meet & exceed every guests expectations, and I am pleased to hear we hit our mark. Our entire team here, managers, evening conceirges, and housekeepers put forth our very best to take care of our guests. From all of us here at Candlewood Destin, thank you and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Boyd Harrison

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Painesville, Ohio
Reviewed 7 February 2011

i was here for two months, away from my family friends and over the holidays and the TEAM here at the candlewood made a depressing situation very eazy to deal with everyday after my work was done, i could walk by the front desk and get a smile, how was your day and just the right amount of conversation to make me forget how my day was. everyone there was very kind and caring and made my two months there as if i was at home and surrounded by friends. thanks to the TEAM at candlewood and hope everyone has a great visit there like i did

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
bharrison99, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Destin-Sandestin, responded to this review, 9 February 2011
Buckeyecoastie,

On behalf of the Candlewood Suites Destin TEAM, we thank you for being our guest and sharing your experience in this online medium. You hit the nail on the head - more often than not hotels have lost their hospitality. Candlewood Suites as a brand, and my property (I like to think in particular) is about personally making Our Hotel feel like Your Home. Again, thank you, and we look forwarding to serving you if you are ever in Destin again.

Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
Reviewed 7 February 2011

I have had an extended stay at Candlewood Suites in Destin and it is far and away the best destination rest place for any travelers or business people needing to work and away from home. The staff is delightful, personal, and professional. Boyd, Veronica, Rachel, Charles, Cathy, and Steve work hard to accomidate you. The hotel has a work out room, free laudry room, cubbard to purchase snacks and is exceptionally clean and well maintained. I have seen other places in Destin that claim to be the same but fall far from Candlewood's high expectations. This is truly a delightful place.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
nitafarrow,

I am glad to read you have enjoyed your stay with us here at the Candlewood Suites Destin. We are one the best kept secrets in Destin because we cater to You! The amenities you described are ideal for guests for an extended-stay, like our free laundry, in-house gym and free membership to Gold's. From all of us here including those mentioned by you - Thank you. We strive every day to make this our home - and you our guest.

Fredericia Denmark
Reviewed 15 January 2011

We stayed at the Candlewood Hotel for over to weeks and wery pleased. It is cental placed in Destin East and nearby the great Silver Sand Mall. There is several Golfcourses nearby. Free Internet, free washing machines/ driers and very helpfull staff. We will stay here again next time.
Hansen, Denmark

• Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
bharrison99, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Destin-Sandestin, responded to this review, 18 January 2011
kvHansen,

I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I specifically appreciate the title of your posting, because that really exemplifies what we feel our hotel should be. Your Stay should be as pleasant and relaxing as possible, and delivering your expectations of quality and hospitality. We look forward to serving you again the next time you are in Destin, and please feel free to contact me personally to arrange your next stay.

north_alabama
Reviewed 8 January 2011

The hotel is fairly new and very up to date. It is not on the beach but in January that is not a big issue and actually we prefer that as there are many available free beach parking accesses nearby, less than 10 minutes. One advantage is you don't drag sand back from the beach and get it in the rooms which seems impossible to get it out of the room. Reasonably spacious rooms with LCD or plasma TV with DVD player. good sized bathroom and a kitchenette type of area with a full sized frigerator and 2 burner stove and microwave and toaster, coffee pot etc. Enough to do a modest amount of cooking/reheating. One thing that might suggest in terms of utensils is adding a corkscrew/bottle opener. Not an issue as I carry a combo corkscrew/bottle/can opener in my standard luggage any way. Rooms very clean but as it is an extended stay housekeeping is scheduled once a week, which for us is a plus. We do not need house cleaning everyday nor fresh linens either. We don't do that at home. However the front desk did say if we wanted fresh linens they would gladly exchange them if we brought them down. If we knew housekeeping was coming in the wife would spend time in the morning straightening up so they would not see our stuff tossed about. No breakfast served which is fine too because I find that I would feel obligated to eat it when I normally do not eat breakfast which in turns adds poundage to the gut. Plenty of close by eating establishments ranging from fancy to simple as Burger King. Very close to all the neccessary golf courses and plenty of safe biking roads. A decent hotel gym with treadmill,2, elliptical machine, bicycle and and weight machine. They also offer free access to the Gold's Gym just down the street. But with all the golf and biking we were too beat to use either. Also in the gym area was the 3 free washing machines and 4 dryers. Bottomline was we were extremely happy with the hotel and most definitely put it at the top or our list to stay at again. Incidently there is the Melting Pot restaurant, a fondue place, maybe a 100 yards from the hotel which looked very decent but we did not try. Also Silver Sands Outlet is 5 minutes at most east of the hotel, which was a plus for the wife. Also numerous grocery stores and Walmart pretty close too.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
bharrison99, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Destin-Sandestin, responded to this review, 14 January 2011
clemson_grad79,

Thank you so much for your valued and concise overview of who we are! I believe you noted many of the amenities that make us special above and beyond our competitors - our partnerships with local businesses and restaurants for your convenience, complimentary laundry, weekly housekeeping for your privacy, and my favorite high-class kitchens! I believe your comments stand for themselves, and we are thankful for you to take the time and effort to share your experience as our guest. Thank you, and we look forward to serving you in the future!

Panama City, Florida
Reviewed 5 December 2010

My husband and I stayed for our anniversary and from the moment we walked in the door we were in heaven. The staff was very friendly and the room was amazing. We fell in love with the beds and are going to look at buying one soon. It was so nice to be able to wake up and cook breakfast and relax before going out for the day. I highly, highly recommend them if you are in Destin. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
bharrison99, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Destin-Sandestin, responded to this review, 6 December 2010
jamesmommy,
First off, Happy Anniversary! Secondly, I am so glad that you made Candlewood a part of your Anniversary, and that we came through for you! We strive to be the best in everything we do: service, accommodations, and amenities. I do hope that the next time you find yourself coming to Destin you contact us so we may personally arrange your next stay! Again, thank you very much for your kind words and we look forward to serving you once more!

USA
Reviewed 25 November 2010

this is in busy Miramar Beach but in a decent location along route 98. This Candlewood is nice and in good shape. I forget that Candlewoods can be very nice and cheaper than Staybridege properties but both are owned by the Holiday Inn folks. As long as the Candlewwod is not more than 3 years since a remodel, they are very nice. The decor
is tasteful and much better than dumpy Choice properties like Mainstay.
It is worlds better than Extended Stay America which are gross most of the time nowadays.
I paid 80 here but Priceline might do better. According to the gorgeous lady at the desk,
the oil spill has changed visitor patterns..so you might get a room for less nowadays.
The beaches look perfect... and no smell.. at least for what I saw. I guess there was
some workers staying here awhile back. As long as they keep these properties up
they are Very nice. I hope they keep it that way and dont fall back into the neglect that
Choice International has all over their properties.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled solo
bharrison99, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Destin-Sandestin, responded to this review, 29 November 2010
trav3908,

Thank you for your review. Given the volume of contributions you have made to Trip Advisor, I can tell you are a well traveled person and that you have stayed in many a hotel. We do pride ourselves on being a high quality hotel, nonetheless in a beach location... which does not always occur. Part of the reason for our quality is that we are always improving, based not only on what WE see at the hotel but also from YOU, the guest. I can assure you that for as long as I am here we will strive for excellence.