“LOVE Panera Bread!!”

Ranked #148 of 308 Restaurants in Destin
St. John's, Canada
“LOVE Panera Bread!!”
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Ok, firstly, I should say that I live in Canada and I hadn't heard of a Panera Bread before going to Florida. I saw a couple in strip malls last year when I was in Florida, but never stopped. By chance, I was in outlet mall in Destin, was looking for a lunch option and a staff at one of the shops pointed and suggested Panera Bread. I didn't have a clue what they sold, but as SOON as I walked in, I was hooked!

For me, its the perfect option for a quick lunch or breakfast. I stayed in Destin for 5 days and I ate at this Panera Bread on 4 of the days! Whenever I was looking for a quick, relatively healthy, light bite to eat for lunch or breakfast, this was the place that I went and it hit the spot.

For me, for breakfast and lunch, I am not looking for anything "heavy" or greasy. I avoid burgers and fries anyway, so I always looking for a quick sandwich, wrap, salad, etc, that will fill me up and be light on the stomach without making me wanting to go home and have a nap. I usually end up going to Subway for these purposes, but was looking for someplace else.

Therefore, Panara Bread hit the spot every time. I went there for breakfast once - it was great - and for lunch or late lunches every other time. I tried several of the sandwiches (panini's), salads, cookies, etc (I did not try the soup).

I found the food to be high quality, very fairly priced and the portion sizes to be nice. It is a counter service, but I found the servers to be very pleasant, helpful and patient (having not been there before, I had some questions and they were always helpful and provided good recommendations). I found the managers or assistant managers at this Panera Bread in Destin to be very helpful and pleasant as they walked the floor. I also found it to be very clean, even though it was VERY busy during lunchtimes.

Obviously, this is a popular spot for workers in the areas as it was JAMMED every lunch I went there with people who work in the area. We went a couple of times between 2-3pm and it was perfect; walked in with no waiting whatsoever.

I am sold on the Panera Bread franchise. Its ideal for the quick, affordable ligth lunch or breakfast option. I actually, ended up going to another on in Orlando a couple of days later! I highly recommend!!

• Visited April 2013

Nashville, Tennessee
“Over priced for average food”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Stopped here to eat before a day of outlet mall shopping - it was pouring rain and was the only option on the mall side of the highway that wasn't a sit down restaurant - just wanted a quick bite. After standing in line forever to order and again waiting for our food, which we ordered to go, and paying $30 for 2 half sandwiches, 2 regular sandwiches and a water and a coke, plus two cookies the cashier talked us into getting, we ran back to our car in the pouring rain, only to find they had my daughters order wrong and she would not eat the sandwich she got, and they hadn't given us the cookies we were talked into getting. My sandwich was pretty bland and I wasn't 100% sure it was what I had ordered. If it hadn't been raining so hard ( the remnants of a tropical storm) I would have gone back in and stood in line to make them correct the order but didn't think it would be worth the frustration. Seriously doubt anyone in my family will eat at Panera bread again.

• Visited October 2013
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Nice place, convenient location”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We were looking for breakfast, but every place was packed. Headed to the outlet mall to shop and went here. Kind of overpriced, but the cinamon roll's are fantastic. Egg sandwhiches are decent. They moved people through very quickly as well (like a true fast food restaurant)

• Visited August 2013
Pelham, Alabama
“Bagels are the best”
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Picked up a baker's dozen of their cinnamon crunch bagels early one morning for breakfast. This had to be the high point for breakfast for the week.

Visited July 2013
Valparaiso, Florida
“Always a good lunch”
Reviewed 14 July 2013

I go to Panera often and this one is always good. Great place for a quick lunch. Love all the bread and goodies they sell at the bakery.

Visited May 2013