“#2110”
Review of Maravilla

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Destin
Maravilla
Ranked #24 of 37 Hotels in Destin
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Tons to fill out and return once you make your payment and tons of rules. That part was fine. (Lady who took reservation was really nice!) When we arrived, however, we saw that there were NOT enough towels for all of us. We told them how many people would be there so they should had accommodated us. I called the number on the fridge for housekeeping and they were VERY rude and hateful about it. I told them that with the # of people we had staying that we would have to share towels EVEN BEFORE WE WASHED THEM!! They were like oh well guess you will have to wash them. I shared my towel with my TWO kids! (good thing I had brought my own wash cloths or we would had had to share that do or do without!!) I even asked about toilet paper since NO extra was left...not even on the roll already there on the wall... you could see the cardboard it was attached to (not even enough to wipe)...they argued with me saying there was extra there. (both bathrooms were this way) I just said fine it is here. And we went out and bought some. In the rules it says you could be charged extra if unit isn't kept clean. Okay fine. I clean units I am in that long anyways (working at a motel myself it is just nature). It did say, too, that they don't deep clean often which IS the truth because some things made me want to have more of my own cleaning supplies to clean things that should always be clean. HOWEVER when I was cleaning the unit the first night (sweeping and mopping and vacuuming) there was SOOO much dog hair under stuff it was gross. We cleaned that unit better than the way it was left for us! Shower and tub were dirty. The first bedroom bed protector was all ripped to pieces and bedding sheets would not even stay in the bed. Pillow smelled of dirty hair and was VERY yellow with stains when I looked inside the pillow case. found dog toys and trash under that bed. Found coins under the other bed. WAS NOT A CLEAN UNIT. No view. Porch area had sand buckets, skim boards, and sea shells. I don't know if the previous people left it or what but it was dirty out there. Cobwebs and trash all over the place. Sliding door had a huge metal piece sticking out of it that was very sharp and door was very hard to open because of it. TV was fuzzy. I did enjoy our stay at the beach and beach set up (just not how close they set people). I would stay here again in a different unit with a better ocean view. The price was good for the number of days we stayed. I like getting to take my pets with me. BUT I SHOULD NOT HAVE TO CLEAN UP ANOTHER PERSONS MESS!!! Next time I know I MUST pack our own towels and toilet paper. The area where the dogs go potty needs to be kept cleaner. I picked up my dog poop but SEVERAL people didn't. So we had to watch our step. There was only a day and half during my whole stay that they even had poop bags there...good thing too I brought paper towels with me on our walks.

Room Tip: 2110 was NOT clean. First bedroom very cramped and mattress cover falling apart. Pillow smelled of d...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank AugustMoon_86

Reviewed 28 October 2013

We stayed in unit 2405, booked by condos in destin...and cannot say enough nice things! Everything was as nice as the pics on the website. We had our dog with us and the only negative was the beach is NOT pet friendly...but we knew that. We ALL still had a wonderful vacation!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dennis J
Reviewed 27 August 2013

This is a great condo complex especially if you prefer to smaller resorts with less crowds. Maravilla is located on Old 98 which is just across the street from the beach. For those of you who are worried about not being "Beach Front" don’t worry Old 98 is not a busy street so it’s no hassle getting to the beach. The resort was very clean and the specific unit we stayed in was perfect. They have two very nice pools onsite one being beach front while the other is in the center of the complex. It would have been nice if the hot tub was located at the beach front pool however at least they have one.

I can only think of one negative for this complex and that is the fitness area. It’s in desperate need of help, old broken mismatched equipment which need to be thrown away. They would be better off getting rid of the fitness area altogether rather than advertising what they currently have.

Overall we were very satisfied with our stay and would undoubtedly return again. We loved the beach and the location. You are located on a great little road where you can easily walk to many restaurants.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Logan M
Reviewed 18 July 2013

We visited the weekend/week before the 4th and had a fantastic time! The condo and surrounding property was clean and well appointed. My daughter loved the pools! My husband loved people watching from the nice table and chairs on our condos patio too. We love that the condo had a great kitchen for us to prepare lunches to take on the beach! The private beach was gorgeous-so clean and not crowded at all! Our umbrella attendant, Matt was very helpful and prompt in setting up our chairs, always offering assistance if needed. He also readily and fully answered our questions about kayaking in the ocean, which is something we'd wanted to try. He had kayaks available for rent so for around $20 we got to take one out and paddle down the coast. It was so much fun! Matt helped us take the kayak out, showed us how to get in & out, how to paddle, the best direction to take, then pulled the kayak back on shore for us too. Over all, it was such a fun and relaxing stay-exactly what we needed! We rented through www.beachcondosindestin.com and were so pleased with their prices, the beautifully updated property and awesome service. Can't wait to go back! We'll definitely stay in Maravilla again!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank mandagrl1
Reviewed 16 July 2013

We stayed in unit 2411 and it was exactly as described online. It is a 1 bedroom but could easily accomodate 6 with bunk beds in the hallway and a pull out couch. The view was amazing as the beach was only steps right across the road. Free beach chairs and umbrellas are furnished daily. We lucked out and it only rained one morning. We had a view of the pool from our balcony. I have read other reviews on here from this weekend and had none of the problems they had. Our unit was on the top floor facing the Gulf. Maravilla is close to everyting but not crowded. This was our first trip to the Gulf and we will continue to visit Destin and stay with Marivilla. #2411 is wonderful!!!!!!!! When in Destin take a ride down beautiful scenic 30A toward Panama City.....beautiful sea side towns with equally amazing views. Also for photo ops, drive toward Fort Walton beach across the bridge. On the left you will see Santa Rosa beach with amazing sunset views on a white sand dune beach :)

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Randy G
Reviewed 13 July 2013 via mobile

We stayed in unit 1203- luckys hideaway that I found on VRBO.com. We could not have been happier with the unit or owners... Top notch! Photos online are true representation, although I did expect a larger area. It was plenty of space though. I loved being right across from the private beach. We never went early enough to have to wait in a line for the chair people to set us up.. The chair guys were kind of hard to find so we just found a set of chairs that did not have towels or belongings in them. We never used the pools or hot tub.. But they looked nice. Really good location.. Not in the crowded part of Destin so it was calmer. Very nice walking/jogging path out front. My complaints with the grounds were the piles of trash we found and smelled the first 2 days we were there. Guests are supposed to take their trash to the dumpsters but a lot of people just piled it around the all trash cans on the walkways. Also, it was quite noisy Sat, Sun and Friday nights.. I had to wear earplugs in order to fall asleep. I would definitely stay here again, but most of our good experience had to do with the particular unit we chose

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We stayed here through the 4th of July weekend this year. The Condo itself was fine but very small and cramped for 2 families (4 adults, 3 kids 1 toddler + 1 infant). Overall it was relatively clean. There is no one on site to handle issues and the condos are individually owned. The private beach was close, but we couldn't really use it. Since we had children we brought all the gear to include a canopy. The personnel who work for Maravilla condos on the beach were inept to say the least. They were not friendly, did not great us on arrival, seemed more concerned with sitting in their beach chair around their cooler and drinking their beverage. Most importantly they did not explain all the "rules", which there are a lot of prior to getting set up on the beach. They came by after we were all set up and having a great time to tell us we couldn't set up a canopy or put up an umbrella or we were in the wrong chairs, which they set up in error on an adjacent private property, Avalon. When questioned why to all of the above we received a blank stare. As a result we were forced to pack up and drive about a half mile down to a public access beach to utilize our canopy. It completely defeated the purpose of renting/paying for a beachfront condo. We were also there when there was a storm that caused the management to put out a red flag for swimming which included not even touching the water; another abstract rule. We walked back down to the public beach again and played with our children safely in knee high water. Horrible customer service, The lone hot tub in the complex was broken and there was no sense of urgency to fix it. Way too many rules on their private beach. Save your money and find somewhere else to stay.

Room Tip: Don't rent here find somewhere else.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family