“Excellent, comfortable, affordable, great location”
Review of Summer Breeze

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Destin
Summer Breeze
Ranked #34 of 39 Hotels in Destin
Detroit, Michigan
“Excellent, comfortable, affordable, great location”
Reviewed 15 May 2011

We booked through Newman Dailey they are the best very friendly and offered a lot of good deals. when we come back we will definitely be staying at the same location which was Summer Breeze and go through Newman Dailey to book the reservation we were very satisfied.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ecrow9279

Solo
colorado
Reviewed 10 March 2011

We were scheduled for 4 nights but asked to stay one more. Just a nice place for the money.I think the owners understate the Gulf view, it is right there! Grounds were nice,
was more family oriented than Daytona ( we stayed last year, never again).
Unit was 111 ground floor, I recommend it, thanks Susan!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank delmark
Addis, Louisiana
Reviewed 7 March 2011

Great place to stay if you and your loved one want a quick get away. I would not recommend this place to anyone traveling with young kids, because you have to cross the street to get to the beach. Our room was amazingly clean; however, you can tell the property is outdated.
I booked through Orbitz and arrived and had no idea where to go to get in. Some very friendly man helped us and pointed us in the right direction. The hot tub was not working, which is one reason I booked this hotel. It is very quaint, not much noise, and no traffic.
Its perfect for a get away. You can walk to Pompano Joes...the Tuna there is amazing.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank guava13
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 3 March 2011

Made my reservation through Hotel.com and they fail to tell me about the 138.00 resort fee. It was'nt until I got the confirmation email that I read it. Call to cancel and was told that I could cancel but I still had to pay for the two nights, ask to speak to a supervisor and did not get one. Call the hotel billing department and had the same luck with them. I am now out of 325.00 for a place that is not even a first class hotel. Lesson learn don't book with a person on the other end of the phone you don't understand and is to egar to get your credit card#.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank ortizj45
Central Louisiana
Reviewed 9 August 2010

This was our first condo experience and we were very pleased!! Summer Breeze was easy to find and we were stunned at the proximity to the beach for the price of the rental. While alot of condo complexes set farther back on the property and one would have to walk a long way after leaving the beach, Summer Breeze sets right on the road so you don't have to walk far at all. It was comfortable, relaxing and way beyond our expectations. The place was full and I was concerned that there would be alot of noise but it was quiet at night. I was also really pleased with the family atmosphere there, it wasn't party central, just made for a really great relaxing vacation. We were in #309 and cannot wait to come back next year. Our first Destin trip and we fell in love with the area.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank Melanie L
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 29 May 2010

we have been here twice and loved it.once in spring and once in summer.the heated pooll and hot tub were great in the spring!the location to the beach is awesome and there were several places to eat within walking distance.this is what destin used to be like.In the evenings my teen age daughter and I would walk to get ice creamI will say though we have never paid full price .we have always been able to work a deal with a private owner.Great place for families.We loved the balcony!!will definitely go back!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank 2nskl
Corvallis, Oregon
Reviewed 4 February 2010

My husband and I stayed in #304 for our anniversary last May. It's on the top floor, right across the street from the beach, and we could sit out on the balcony drinking pina coladas and watching dolphins jump at sunset.
Bad [--] Coffee Co. is right down the street if you're lazy in the mornings...I am. Good coffee, too.
The kitchen was stocked with ANY kind of pan, appliance, or utensil you could possibly imagine needing--we cooked some awesome gulf shrimp and tuna from the nearby fresh fish market on the grill by the pool on our anniversary eve.
The hot tub is awesome after you've been in the ocean all day getting beaten up by the waves. We didn't get in the pool (why, when there's a turquoise-colored ocean with white sugar sand right across the street?), but the kids downstairs sure seemed to like it.
After our long, lazy days of swimming, reading on the beach, drinking frosty beverages and hot-tubbing, we slept like babies in the pillowy, comfortable bed with all of its pillowy, comfortable pillows and blankety goodness. That little bunk bed in the hall is a perfect size for little kids. Plenty of extra linens and blankets.
Newman-Dailey included a gift bag when we checked in...coupons for free admission to the amusement park and golf, dishwashing liquid, detergent for the dishwasher, some chocolate truffles...There were lots of little surprises; I can't remember now what all we got.
I'm the type of person who is happier in a homey, comfortable place than a huge, bustling high-rise when I go on vacation, and this place met and exceeded my expectations. I was pleasantly surprised by the amount of attention that the staff puts into taking care of their guests at Newman-Dailey (proprietors of Summer Breeze and several other condominiums in the Destin area). I will definitely rent here again on my next trip to Destin.
(P.S. The Walmart on the main highway has a liquor store! We got a bottle of Don Julio Reposado for about fifty bucks....mmmmmmargaritas.)

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank homebodyvagabond
Also consider these accommodations in or near Destin
Enclave Condos
#23 of 55 in Destin
Huntington By The Sea
Huntington By The Sea
#4 of 4 in Miramar Beach

Been to Summer Breeze? Share your experiences!