“Wonderful experence and price”

Destin Inn & Suites
Ranked #29 of 39 Hotels in Destin
Manchester,MI.
“Wonderful experence and price”
Reviewed 2 April 2011

I stayed two months and found: very friendly efficient staff that will bend over backwards to please, daily room service, attractive building and parking on tastfully lighted campus set well off the road, vigorously observed for a safe relaxing peaceful environment, loved the pool and cabanas, many upscale shops and restaurents and activities, Six award winning state parks with incredible white sandy beaches in a half hour or so drive, if you work at it you could see dolphin, sea turtles, bear, and aligateres. Must see Seaside and Watercolor, FL. It is a surprise. To my surprise I made nice friends at the motel. A wonderful experence you will love.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Louisville
Reviewed 22 March 2011

As many have stated, this place wreaked of musty odor. I would recommend a good rug cleaning shampoo or just an overall remodel.. I was charged 110 plus tax and I was very disappointed with the accommodations. the king bed was comfy but that was the only plus. The wifi didn't work, I had to go to the mcdonalds and use theirs and the toilet was a bit tricky. My main complaint would be the price for what you get considering it's not directly on the beach and the view is far from outstanding.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank worldtrav121

Travellers are raving about these Destin hotels

Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 7 March 2011

When my wife and I stayed in january it was a very pleasant stay. Our room was cleaned everyday, considering we stayed for a week. The staff was very accomodating in helping us with directions and places to eat. The room was as clean, it had an iron which came in handy. It was a great room with a great price.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled solo
oklahoma
Reviewed 19 July 2009

My husband and I stayed at this motel on July 10, 2009..... The clerk did not speak "good" English AT ALL and was very unorganized. When we checked in and got to our room, which was suppose to be a NON SMOKING room..... Smelled like someone had just left after SMOKING!!!! The room was HOT and the air conditioner never cooled enough to be comfortable..... The room was very musty smelling.... My husband had to jiggle the light switch to make the lights work and the bathroom..... let me tell you about that experience.... The tub looked like it had not been cleaned for a very long time, the toilet had to be plunged EVERY TIME you used it.... I have never been to a motel that you had to do the plunging... but, there was one in our room, so I know the management knew of the problem..... The carpet was filthy with... toenails, french fries and trash on it.... If we hadn't of been so tired from traveling from Oklahoma we would have checked out immediately and got a refund.... I WOULD NEVER recommend this motel to MY WORST ENEMY!!!! So, if you are going to Destin and this is the only Motel available, I would suggest sleeping in your vehicle.... this is the WORST Motel we have ever stayed at.... I have left several messages for the management, (who by the way are suppose to be on site, 24 hours) to call me, but have yet to receive a phone call back.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank disappointedOklahoma
Ponchatoula, Louisiana
Reviewed 29 May 2009

I took my family and two children along with a close friend of mine to Destin for Memorial Day Weekend, and we stayed at this motel. It was a late planned trip and this was one of the only reasonably priced motels with rooms available. When we arrived in our room there were a few things I noticed... such as the non smoking room smelled like smoke and mildew, and the two queen beds were actually no bigger than full size. The drawers in the dresser smelled musty and had "extra" musty smelling blankets in them. One of the plastic covering of the electrical outlet was busted in half with one piece on the floor, which isn't the safest situation for a family with a two and a half year old. At night, people smoked right outside the door of the non smoking rooms and it would get into our room, there was also the Mexican guy smoking weed next door (right outside the door) to us that didn't know English when asked to go elsewhere. Ah, how could I forget the frat boys that screamed "white power" at my Black friend that tagged along with us.

Hot tub advertised is empty, and the pool is locked and 10 p.m. fyi

Will not be staying here again.

The only positive is the location, but the traffic can get hectic.

I will not stay here again, cheap or not.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank Thrillah
713 hwy 98 e
Reviewed 30 July 2008

we pay 149.00 for room but is that what you call room? rooms are in bad condition, smells bad, carpet was nasty, trash can was dirty from outside, mirror had spot all over, need big change and need someone who can manage the property. frontdesk was not well trained to handle the desk, our room a/c was not cooling enough and when we complain at desk, she created huge argument. manager was not available and our a/c never got fixed. we ask for extra towels which we never received it. not enough breakfast, very conjested area. very noisy at nite time and we called at desk but no one answer the phone. online it says 24hrs office, but that's a lie. pool was dirty. chairs on pool need change. to be honest, this hotel does not have anything guest would be satisfied. very bad experience at destin inn & suites. will never go back at this hotel.
Overall I would say this is probably the worst hotel we have ever stayed.

• Liked — nothing was best, every thing was worst
  • Disliked — room and all around service
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank destininn
Mississippi
Reviewed 2 July 2008

It was quiet at night which was a plus after being exhausted of traveling to the beach. The conti. breakfast was good their wrapped honey buns and doughnuts were fresh.You have to travel in alot of traffic to get to the beach. Clerk at front desk wasn't friendly. The room was disappointing, small tub, no water pressure. We paid $149.00. I thought that was kind of high not even being on the beach. We had stayed at varish places of the Gulf and always stayed on the beach and paid at the most $87.00 per night.

• Liked — It was quiet at night.
  • Disliked — The price and traveling to beach (not the bay but the real Gulf of Mexico).
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)