“Pubic hair galore”

Destin Inn & Suites
Ranked #28 of 38 Hotels in Destin
Reviewed 26 June 2013

First of all I booked online and requested a king size bed , arrived and was told I booked two queens and the front desk was rude and unwilling to correct it even though on my confirmation was a KING bed ! Got to the room and toilet was dirty and covered with pubic hair. Floor is dirty so keep your shoes on ! Not enough parking either, we had to park at the restaurant next door. Good location that's about it. Never again will I stay here.

1  Thank alexstia
DestinInnOffice, Manager at Destin Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

At first i would like to apologize for any inconvenience we may have coast you. Whenever you book your reservation online or thru the third party agency's it comes directly to our system and we do not make any changes to it so you may have accidently hit the wrong button when you were picking up the sizes of the beds or you may had a misunderstanding with the agent because like I've said we do not make any changes to the reservations what comes directly to our system.Front desk would have changed your room but we probably didn't have nothing available at that time. I am really sorry about room overall but if it was that that dirty you could of went to front desk and asked different room or refund of the money because I personally wouldn't be able to stay in the room if it would be that dirty. We have a joining parking with the restaurant next door because they are on our property so its no problem at all for our guests to park on the restaurant parking because its only few steps away to any room in the hotel.
But again I would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel and for future reference I would advise you to call the hotel directly after you made your reservation thru the third party and make sure you got the room you reserved and get the confirmation from the hotel.
-Kamilla

Reviewed 6 June 2013

We had only planned to stay in Destin for one night as we were travelling around the Panhandle this holiday. So glad to have found Destin Inn, the outside looks like and average motel but once you get into the rooms they are much more upmarket. Kingsize room, beautiful bedding and really comfy mattress, exceptionally large flat screen tv and leather recliner chair and the main point it was spotlessly clean. The bathroom is on the smallside but it serves its purpose and the rest of the room makes up for it. The pool is a good size and very clean, parking right outside your door, although we were on the second floor the stairs were not too bad.
A good location, close to all amenities and the beaches.
One of the best parts of this motel for us was the friendliness of the owner (apologies but I can't remember your name) he helped us when my credit card was refused and graciously allowed me to use his phone to contact the bank and sort the problem out, even when we had to go away and come back to ring the bank later in the afternoon. Not a lot of people go out of their way to be helpful these days but he did and along with help from his son later we managed to get checked in.
Another plus is the good rate for the room and the added bonus is the serve yourself breakfast in the morning. Coffee, tea, juice, make your own waffle (very easy), bacon, eggs, muffins and biscuits plus fruit and a nice area to eat in if you want to.
A lovely place, we would definately choose to stay here if we ever come back to Destin and will recommend you to friends.
Thank you for making our stay in your town a pleasant one.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank joolybobs
DestinInnOffice, Manager at Destin Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this wonderful review. We are glad that the Destin Inn & Suites met your expectations. The hotel staff takes pride in making our guest happy, so we are glad that we made you feel like home for a time you were enjoying your vacation. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you again next time you in town.

Reviewed 6 June 2013

This is my 3rd night here, and my first time staying here. I read some spotty reviews on this place, but needed somewhere last second. I booked sight unseen and when I got to my room.... Wow. I now know that I got one of the newly Renovated rooms which is awesome. Huge comfy king bed, good size Phillips LED Tv (instead of some old or off rand) nice furniture. The hardwood (laminate" was also a nice surprise and convenient.

Service was great, and they always took care of anything we needed. Great location, close to public access beaches and food. Free wifi, breakfast, good cable pkg, etc. also, the fridge is HUGE. Nice surprises.

Downsides: If I had to say any... You've got to pay for ice since its outside, I understand they don't want freeloaders taking it.

I'll look at staying here again if I need to find a place in Destin again. For Under $100/night after taxes... Huge bargain.

• Stayed: June 2013

Thank you for choosing Destin Inn & Suites. We appreciate the kind words you shared about our hotel and staff. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 3 June 2013

We booked a room here because my boyfriends band was playing on crab island. The rooms were very clean and modern. The beds were super comfy. The place was quiet for the most part. We did wake up to druken girls at 3 am and throw up on our car, which was in no way a reflection on the inn. All in all it was a good value for the location. We would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2013
DestinInnOffice, Manager at Destin Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2013

Thank you for choosing Destin Inn & Suites. We appreciate the kind words you shared about our hotel. So sorry about your car, but we are glad that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you, and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 26 May 2013

After riding around Destin, Fl for an hour trying to find a place to stay for Memorial Weekend (2013) my husband and I almost gave up hope until we decided to stop at Destin Inn & Suites. The manager, Kamilla was a godsend...her welcoming personality made us want to stay longer. The room was great, affordable, and cozy...We really loved how close we were to everything...not far from Haborwalk Village, AJ's and the outlet mall. We will be staying here again the next time we are in Destin.

North Carolina come on an raise up!!!! This ones for who...us us us!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
DestinInnOffice, Manager at Destin Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this wonderful review. We are glad that the Destin Inn & Suites met your expectations. The hotel staff takes pride in making our guest happy, so we are glad that we made you feel like home for a time you were enjoying your vacation. I am personally very glad I were helpful to you and your husband. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you again next time you in town.

Reviewed 16 May 2013

Stayed there about a month ago the front desk lady was rude and not welcoming, she really needs to work on customer service skills. If she does not like the job get a new one. The rooms were average but stuffy. If you have the extra money go somewhere else! If not well its a good price in comparison to others in the area.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Tracykeist
DestinInnOffice, Manager at Destin Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2013

First I would like to apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused you. The front desk lady is no longer with us because of the same reason she can't work in the customer service field. I would like to apologize again on behalf of the front desk clerk and i can assure you if anytime you in town and you decided to stay with us i will personally make sure you will get the best customer service. -Kamilla

Reviewed 11 May 2013

The staff was nice pleasant ,clean rooms and great breakfast
the beds and rooms was very clean good beds very comfortable place to stay. When in that area will stay again,and would recomand this to anyone

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
DestinInnOffice, Manager at Destin Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2013