“Me and my family enjoyed”

Village Inn of Destin
Ranked #31 of 39 Hotels in Destin
“Me and my family enjoyed”
Reviewed 12 August 2012

At first I was sceptical about booking because of previous reviews but me my husband and our children enjoyed our stay the room was clean and we stayed close to the pool.the location was awesome we were in the center of everything. My favorite part was the pool never closed so me and my husband took a late night dip overall it was a nice stay

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank freemajr

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
New Orleans, LA
Reviewed 2 August 2012

I stayed here with a friend for the weekend. Our plan was to be in walking distance of Club Bimini (AJ's Seafood Restaurant after hours), which is right across the street. We are both born and raised New Orleanians so we understand party accommodations very well. Yes, the place is a rat hole. Yes, we slept on top of beach towels because the comforter was too dingy. Yes, the room was musty. Yes, we were awakened by a biker group preparing their motorcycles for travel in the early a.m. Yes, we wore shower shoes. YES, we only needed to store our belongings and shower during a fun weekend of partying and could care less about our accommodations. BTW, there's a Waffle House next door, which makes it an even better party location.

If you a planning to stay here as a couple or with your kids, you are insane and will definitely be disappointed. I recommend the WIngate or Motel 6 for an inexpensive deal. Residence Inn Sandestin is a nice treat with great shuttle service to popular spots. If you have a little cash to spend just go the Palms of Destin....my favorite spot in Destin (when I'm with the family).

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 30 July 2012

We came to Destin a day early and needed 2 rooms for the night. We booked the room thru booking.com that afternoon. When my family arrived the hotel said they didn't have my reservation. They said that it should have come in by fax and they didn't have it. I called booking.com and the woman said she has a copy of the fax transmission that showed confirmed pages sent and received. I told the from desk this and with in a few mins he produced them. Now that mess was done, my wife and I looked at the room, what a dump. Sink was cloged. Key didnt work on the door either. It took 15 mins just to have maint guy reset the door. We decided not to stay there. Now I am still waiting on the return of my $. It's been almost 2 weeks. I just spoke to a woman that said she would search for the other room. They seem to have only returned the one room $ and not the other. Ugh. If you choose to stay here your rolling the dice.

Room Tip: Rooms they gave us were at the very back of whole place.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2012

stayed for a week in late may/june with a friend, had to wait for the rooms, which isn't a problem, but it looked like they completely skipped over the bathroom. or maybe they're just naturally that dirty. my friend booked the rooms, and while making small talk with the front desk the lady at the front desk seemed to feel it was necessary to claim that the "bad reviews were from other hotels in the area." seems legit. the towels were really small and rough, they had definetely seen better days. it made me wonder how many other [--] they had wiped. only positives were the location, the a/c, and the housekeeping lady was friendly, although she did not speak much english (russian maybe?) bottom line, it was a place to come back to after a day at the beach in that essence it served its purpose it's not some fancy suite and it doesn't pretend to be. but next time, i will probably spend a few bucks more for a cleaner room.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank ro3jsa8
Calera, Alabama
Reviewed 27 July 2012

We ended up in Destin after being pushed out of Pensacola due to no rooms being available. The Blue Angels were in town, so Destin was filled up too and could not find a hotel room. Until we got to the Village Inn and took the very last room they had. I'm grateful for it! The room that we got was large and clean enough - though we never, ever sleep on comforters in any hotel and they came directly off of the bed. The pillows were very flat and hard to sleep on and beneath the comforter was a single sheet. Nothing else.

The bathroom smelled of urine and the tub looked to have seen better days. The plug where I plugged in my hairdryer didn't seem to fit my prongs and it kept falling out. Ha ha! I kept having to plug it in and it would continue to fall out. Frustrating.

All in all, it wasn't TOO bad because we needed a room that night and they had one. If I had the choice to come back, would I? Nope - I'll go somewhere else, thank you.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 19 July 2012

I'll make it short.

Staff were cheeky, and the room was really not that great for the price. We left 1 day before, cause we couldn't handle it. First of all, they couldn't find our reservation, and told me i was supposed to show up the day before, even if i stood with my confirmation from hotels.com in my hand.

Don't stay hear, so many other places.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 July 2012 via mobile

The only positive thing i have to say about this place is the location. Its within stumbling distnce of a bar that i have acheived greatness at. The rooms are a mess and smell terrible, staff is lazy and un educated on their job. I stayed with a group and they charged his card the full price of the room when he made the reservation and refused to refund the money.. if you care to avoid adding to the stress that already comes with travel than steer clear of this place... or if the price is right than head down to the local watering hole and drink until you cant smell whatever it is that stank up the rooms haha.

• Stayed June 2012