All reviewsroom was cleanacross the streetwalking distancean older hotelfishing boatsstay there againdecent sizethe location is perfectgreat ratehousekeeping staffexcellent staygreat place to staynice poolmcguiresmicrowaveboardwalkmargaritaville
Reviewed 3 September 2013

The room was dirty and when I say dirty it was dirty. We arrived late in the evening and had to go to Walmart to get cleaning supplies in order to be able to stay there - when my husband asked the front desk if they had another room they said none was available which could be true but they should not have ever rented this room out. Lets just say I had to buy bug spray and carpet deordorizer for our stay.

Try to make the best of it but would not go back. When I was asked at check out about my stay and they smuggly said they would check out the room to see if we had done any damages after we left - this is when i lost it. I explanined they were getting a bad review from me and why then the person at the front desk said - I will give you 10% discount on your stay if you don't write a review - I said keep the 10%.

We really enojyed Destin and will be back but not to stay here.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else - I did not know the area but you are better off driving a little bit and staying at a nice clean hotel then you are here because of its location.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Luille
Admin VIllage I... ., General Manager at Village Inn of Destin, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

I am so sorry your stay at the Village Inn was not the best. I take it very personal when my guests are not happy with their stay. We all work hard here at the Village inn to try and provide an exceptional hospitality experience. I apologize that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Please feel free to contact me directly to provide me more details regarding your visit. We would like the opportunity to correct and housekeeping or guest service issues. Becky Patel General Manager.

Reviewed 30 August 2013

I will be staying again. For the money you can not find a better place to stay. It is not the Five Seasons but if you are looking for a clean room and friendly staff this is the place for you. It doesn't hurt that Waffle house is in the same parking lot.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Chuck M

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review! We are glad that the Village Inn met your expectations. The hotel staff takes great pride in making our guests happy. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you again soon! Becky Patel General Manager

Reviewed 23 August 2013

This is a great place to stay if you want to enjoy Destin and the Harbor Walk Area. The rooms are clean and simple. The staff is very helpful and friendly. I have stayed here in the past and I noticed on our last trip that the rooms had been update with new carpet and furniture. When you stay here you can park your car and walk to every thing in the Harbor area. I'll be back again!

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Admin VIllage I... ., General Manager at Village Inn of Destin, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2013

Thank you for writing us such a great review. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again very soon. Becky Patel General Manger

Reviewed 13 August 2013

The rooms were clean.The staff was friendly and very helpful.Great location .We will be back.We had a wonderful time.The pool was awesome very clean.It is central to everything.You can't go wrong staying here.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Admin VIllage I... ., General Manager at Village Inn of Destin, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I value your feedback and will share your comments with my entire staff. My entire staff works as a team to ensure our guests a memorable stay on the Emerald Coast. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Becky Patel General Manager

Reviewed 9 August 2013

There is a bed skirt above the window, the ceiling looks tydie because its filthy, they made a clothes rack out of a PVC pipe, we couldn't walk around barefooted because it turned your feet black, the toilet ran ALL NIGHT, there was a short in the bathroom light, they put a tissue to cover up a hole in the wall. So in average it was a complete dump and I regret it very much.

• Stayed: July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. I would like to say I am very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. As the general manager any guest that has complaints while staying in our hotel I will gladly move to a new room or allow you to cancel without penalty. I would like to address some of your complaints. We do not have bed skirts hanging from the windows they are custom Hilton Brand window valances. We do not have PVC pipe in the clothes rack it is a custom made plastic covering. As for the toilet, holes in the wall and the carpet I do have a full time maintenance and housekeeping departments which are capable of handling any of these issues will a professional result. Again I apologize that you did not enjoy your visit with us. If you would like to contact me directly to discuss this matter in more detail I would love to hear from you so that I can make sure our rooms are completely 100% satisfactory. Becky Patel General Mgr