“Bad Trip”

Village Inn of Destin
Ranked #30 of 39 Hotels in Destin
“Bad Trip”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

Booked rooms in advanced and asked for our group to be placed on ground floor because one of our members was handicap. Our group was split up and rooms was left vacancy between the rooms we were giving. The bathrooms were small and not well kept , insects and small rodents could easily come in because no seal at the bottom. The group felt that the price should be no more then $29.99 a night for the condition of the room and the hotel. DO NOT BE FOOLED BY THE PHOTOS ON THIS WEBSITE.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Tony P
Admin VIllage I... ., General Manager at Village Inn of Destin, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
I am very sorry that you were disappointed in your stay at Village Inn. I apologize that your stay was not as good as we hoped it would be. We work hard to provide an exceptional hospitality experience for everyone but it can sometime be difficult to control all of our guests. We will make all attempts to keep groups together, especially if it is brought to our attention if they desire to be together. I can assure you we do not have any rodent or insect infestations. I think the $29.99 rate is unrealistic. We already offer our guests an unbeatable price for the area and for the accommodations offered. The pictures of the rooms on our web
site is pictures of the rooms in our hotel. We have made our entire staff aware of your review and informed them that we need to make sure everyone has a good experience while staying with us. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Veronika

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

I booked our room on bookit.com, I must admit I was nervous to see how the room was. To my surprise it was PERFECT! It was my husband and three kids, so there was plenty of space for us. Clean and neatly made beds. Room service brought us clean towels every day, hot showers, COLD a/c, pool area was clean. One thing I won't do again is book it online again. They accidentally gave me another receipt when we checked out and it was a good bit of dollar difference! Next time I'll just call the hotel directly, they were WAY CHEAPER than bookit!

• Stayed May 2014
5 Thank ALarimer
Admin VIllage I... ., General Manager at Village Inn of Destin, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. We appreciate the comments, and we are happy to hear you had a wonderful stay at our beautiful Village Inn. We do recommend booking directly through us so that you can get the best rate and we can accommodate your needs more easily. We look forward to having you again!

Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

Our group had a great stay! The rooms were very clean and spacious, and the air worked very well! We had a large group and they were very accommodating for us. The pool was well kept and clean. It's only about a 3 minute drive to the crab island beach, which is very nice. Close to the famous Donut Hole, and many other great restaurants. The front desk staff was super nice and I would definitely come back here! Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank beachmeplz
Thank you for your wonderful review! We enjoyed having you here, and we are beyond pleased that we could meet your expectations. Our entire staff takes pride in making our guests happy. We hope to see you again soon!

İstanbul, Türkiye
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

Ms Veronica is very helpful. We had some problems concerning our stay, first we cancld then because of my sickness decided to stay. She was very kind to accept the same rate.
But the room was dirty, specially windows are so dirty you can not see outside. The location is good..breakfast included but just sweet cookies and beverage are named as brkfst...pool area very dirty...value is definitely less then 100 usd.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Anissos
I am sorry that you were not fully satisfied with your stay. We do take your comments seriously, and we are in the process of fixing up the pool area. The double pane glass windows do accrue some condensation between the panes, and unfortunately there is nothing we can do about this short of replacing the windows. This is the source of what appears to be "dirty" windows. The cleaning staff do clean the windows every day, however. We strive to provide excellent service for our customers, and we do hope you will consider staying with us again in the future. Thank you very much for writing this review.

Veronika

Travellers are raving about these Destin hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

Not only was the hotel a one-star property with one-star service, they towed my friends car within ten minutes of them coming to pick me up for dinner. $175 charge was ridiculous to tow the car two blocks. They were totally unapologetic. Room was sub-par and towing while there were plenty of spots was ludicrous. Would NEVER recommend even to my worst enemy.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
6 Thank Prepwade
Admin VIllage I... ., Veronika at Village Inn of Destin, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
I am sorry that your experience with us was not the best. Unfortunately you were parked at a tow away area, clearly stating as a tow away area. Whenever your friends have checked in we made it clear that the hotels' policy is a parking pass must be displayed or the vehicle will be towed.

I would like to take this opportunity to notify all those guests who are not happy with our tow away parking policy. We are simply providing our duty of care to all our guests as required by law within our management rights. I do sincerely apologise for those who were affected and have experienced a negative stay due to this reason. I hope anyone that reads this comments take it to consideration our legal obligations to provide our customers with a safe and clear access to the parking bays.
Adamsville, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

We booked our room off of Bookit.com and we got an extremely cheap rate, almost scary cheap. My husband was very worried about what the room was going to look like. We pulled up, yes its old, HOWEVER the people are beyond nice, and accommodating. The room was exactly what we needed. Clean sheets, fresh clean towels, nice soft beds, HOT showers and very cold A/C! It had been remodeled yet you could tell it was an older hotel. We have stayed at extremely high end hotels for the hotel...However when you go to Destin...WHO IS THERE FOR THE HOTEL??? Not me. We go to the Beach! So we WILL be returning. Perfect location to all the wonderful beaches and the restaurants. If you want to eat the best sea food in Destin they are literally right across the street.

Room Tip: Water is super hot....becareful
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
8 Thank Jennifer P
Thank you for the great review!!! We`re glad that Village Inn met your expectations. The hotel staff takes pride in making our guest happy and we are glad that you enjoyed yourselves. Thank you, and we look forward to seeing you again!:)
McKinney, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

I wanted to write this review sooner, but I have been so busy. However, I spend parts of the Winter in Destin every year and have found this great place to stay. The staff is amazing and extremely accommodating every time I stay here. The rooms are comfortable and the hotel is pet friendly. Location for Destin cannot be beat. You are basically right across the street from Destin night life in the Harbor Walk Village. Becky and Laura are so kind and helpful as well. I never got the Ukranian gals name at the front desk, but she is so sweet too. As a person that actually lives in hotels for work, don't always judge a book by it's cover. The furniture and the beds are so comfortable, the rooms are big, lots of channels on the tv, and plenty of water pressure in the shower. If you go to Destin, please stay here, for it's worth every penny. I have never been there when it's warm enough for the pool, but it looks a like a great place to relax. The only thing that I would add by the pool area is a grill or two. It would be a great place to grill and hang out by the pool. This is a diamond in the ruff and I recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank Summiter_88
Admin VIllage I... ., Veronika at Village Inn of Destin, responded to this review, 19 April 2014
Thank you so much for your kind review. We appreciate your continued business! Thank you for noting our team members as well. Our staff is always happy to see our special repeat customers and always happy to assist in our community suggestions. We sure hope you don`t wait another year before returning to Destin and our property? We are so happy you make your home away from home our hotel! We look forward to seeing you again in the near future :)