“Excellent stay!!!”

Ranked #30 of 39 Hotels in Destin
Panama City Beach, Florida
“Excellent stay!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2014

I have stayed here several times. This visit was great as usual. The rate is more than reasonable. They have upgraded the breakfast area and are now serving waffles, cereal and pastries with a nice area to sit and enjoy. My room was clean and comfy. The also allow pets and a nice area to walk out back. The location is perfect you can walk to everything over at the Harbor. The front desk staff were friendly and professional. I will stay again. I will also recommend to anyone visiting Destin. Top notch for the rate!!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2014 via mobile

Had no problems at all. Was a life saver considering some threatened to cut my wife's throat at the Motel 6. We called them at 2am and they reserved a room for us for later that morning. This has been the most hassle free experience.

• Stayed August 2014
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

Excellent service, low price, great quality, very helpful and nice staff. You can park your car right outside of your room. Great utilities provided in the room. U have your own refrigerator, microwave, iron table, safe bank, lots of other stuff included so everything you need and want is there.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Anna
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

Let me start by stating that I have been all over the world. I have stayed in so called 4 Star properties in third world countries such as Zimbabwe that wouldn’t even measure up to the standards of the local 1 star Motel 6, and I have stayed at 2 star properties in areas such as Hawaii that would rival any 4 star property in the United States. You need to face it, stars are based on available properties in the area. After reviewing all the reviews on this hotel, I decided to take a chance. I booked a group of 10 people in four separate rooms. I was a little worried about the reviews, but decided to chance it.

Let me clarify by stating this, I was traveling with a group that could not afford to book a so called 4 star hotel at $300 a night nor a private house at $5,000 a week while still affording to go out and enjoy the amenities in the Destin area. My goal on this trip was to find a cheaper hotel that provided clean rooms so that everyone on this trip could go out every night and enjoy themselves.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is not a 5 star resort. If you want a 5 star resort, pay the $1000 a night fee at the Emerald Grand and don’t gripe. The fact is most basic hotels such as Holiday Inn or the Hampton Inn during season charge twice the amount of this hotel. Face the facts, you are staying here to save money! If you want a concierge to meet you at the door, fresh fruit at every breakfast, Tempur-Pedic mattresses in every room, 300 cable channels, valet at the door, and hotel clientele of a higher standard, then you need to pay for it!

As to our experience, it was good. Every day someone cleaned my room. Every day I received new towels and washcloths. I never had a fish smell, overflown trash cans outside the room, vagrants in the parking lot, or any of the other complaints that I read. If I did not like the fact that breakfast was limited to a continental breakfast, Waffle House was connected to the property. Go get the AllStar Breakfast for $7 and be happy. Did my room look like a Four Seasons room, heck no, that’s not what I paid for? For this price, I was walking distance to every hot spot on the Harbor.

I judge every hotel by the same standard. Would I come back? As for this property, yes I would. Is this the St. Regis, not by any means. Was this a clean place for me and my guest to save money so that everyone could afford a trip to Destin, absolutely.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
15 Thank Huntsman1
Centre, Alabama, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

If your just looking for a place to lay your head,this is it.Stayed end of June for 3 days,not on vacation.Our room was clean,but there were extension cords running behind the microwave/refrigerator which seemed unsafe.Room cleaned only once.Pool was okay.Breakfast is a choice of waffles,pecan rolls,cookies and the like.Fresh fruit would have been nice.Last night of the stay next door travelers got drunk and fought out in the parking lot.Great location across from The Harbour Walk. Remember this is a MOTEL not a Hotel.

Room Tip: Backside facing away from the very busy Highway are quieter.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Hotel is nasty and super over priced. Bed was rock hard. Parking lot and pool area was full of trash. The place smells old as high priced as they are they should do some updates. Staff is friendly and its 5 min from the beach are the only good points.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Amy D

Travellers are raving about these Destin hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I along with the kids checked out of our hotel to come to the village inn based on the photographs and descriptions on their sight. When we arrived it was horrific looks like something that should've been in the old western days. Housekeepers were pushing run down grocery carts filled with linen and cleaning supplies to service rooms. The lobby just looked gloomy and unwelcoming...the service people were not friendly or helpful...their were transient looking individuals walking around...the pool was in one word ugh!!! All of the aminities shown on the sight was a part of the Harbor walk down the road...I would rate this place a negative...We could not imagine staying here we contacted hotels.com and told them what we encountered upon arrival..they stated we would be charged anyway..we will never stay at this establishment nor utilize hotels.com again

• Stayed July 2014