Visited the hotel in December 2003. Property condition and location where typical from the other Country Inns we have stayed. The are generally located in comercial areas rather than the "resort" areas.
Price was right, at $75/night for a king suite. The golf course was located behind the hotel I could see it from my room on the second floor. No sure how you would access it not being a golfer myself. I will say it seemed to be the hotel of choice for golfer, as there where many there the weekend I was.
I would not say the staff was unfriendly, more like "reserved" they really didn't initiate alot of contact, but if you aknowledged their existence in a polite way, they where very helpful and polite. The staff was mostly teens, I noticed this every where I went, semed to be mostly teenagers in all the businesses. The only place I saw adults working where at the grocery store.
I stayed in a non-smoking room and also got the smoke smell mainly in the morining and only in the bathroom, coming from vent. This was easily solved by turning on the fan and keeping the smell out.
Other than that it was exactly what I expected. I would definatly stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newly remodeled BEST WESTERN Sugar Sands Inn & Suites is centrally located in beautiful Destin, Florida. The city styles itself "The World's Luckiest Fishing Village," and has one of the largest fishing vessel fleets in the state of Florida. The convenience of our location offers each guest easy access to local attractions and many outdoor activities. The BEST WESTERN Sugar Sands Inn & Suites provides rooms with all of the amenities and superb customer service expected from Best Western. Our Destin, FL hotel is just a 5 minute drive to the sugar sand beaches and emerald waters of the Emerald Coast. Hotel guests will be close to a variety of restaurants - TGI Friday's, Longhorn Steakhouse(R), Bonefish Grill(R), and many more, all within walking distance of the property. Each guest room features free high-speed Internet access and cable television with HBO(R). A microwave and refrigerator are available in all rooms. The hotel offers a complimentary full hot breakfast, and features a heated outdoor pool and spa, exercise room, arcade, and an onsite laundry facility. The BEST WESTERN Sugar Sands Inn & Suites is located adjacent to the Shoppes of Paradise Key, just .5 miles from Destin Commons, 5 miles from the Silver Sands Outlet Mall and the Destin Harbor. Enjoy your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Best Western Sugar Sands Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn & Suites Destin Hotel Destin
- Country Inn And Suites Destin
- Country Inn Destin
- Destin Country Inn
- Best Western Sugar Sands Inn & Suites Destin, Florida