“Great place ”

Best Western Sugar Sands Inn & Suites
Ranked #15 of 39 Hotels in Destin
“Great place ”
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

My family visited the week of July 4 and really enjoyed our visit. The staff was very friendly. Our room was clean and the pool was great! We enjoyed the big breakfast that was provided each morning also. We will defiantly recommend this hotel and will visit again.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank MD1174

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Some of the staff was friendly. My family has been staying here for the past 3 years was there in July 2014 and the only problem I had was it was hard to get towels. It was like it was a shortage. I realize that people take hotel towels but they should have had more. Don't know if we will be back next year.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank mallette
florida
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

was formerly a country inn and suites, so it has that Early American KMart decorating style... right On the golf course in Kelly plantation, great location, close to Destin Commons Mall and all local attractions.what's kind of quirky about this place is a personnel and the decorating.whenever I stayed there I felt like it was a cross between an insane asylum and the Bates Motel.sort of a GrandMommy Dearest meets penal colony.first of all the place is being renovated into a Best Western so they're not exactly pouring A lot of money into the existing existing infrastructure.second of all there's nobody there, which I never really understood, right in the middle the peak tourism season.I've never seen a place with less friendly staff and a more quiet atmosphere. its like there's no music or noise in there, I thought I was going to snap. I want to know that there is semi intelligent life around me, not that I've landed in some post apocalyptic zombie world....all in all, I guess for the price its a pretty good deal ,the location is superb. They just need to work on customer service and ambience...and lose the Night Of The Living Dead vibe.....

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank destinloan
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

We booked this through hotwire because it said it was 3 stars, but we disagreed and got a refund with them. I'm sure it was nice a few decades ago but they are in need of new furniture, carpets, and mold resistant walls (see pictures). The smell was musty and I agree with the other review about needing to throw out the pullout bed. I rated it 2 because the staff was very nice, the breakfast was ok, and the location is as close as you can be to the beach without being in a condo.

Stayed July 2014
6 Thank Mocofo
Douglasville, Georgia
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I booked this under Country Inn and Suites and then later it was sold to White Sands Inn and Suites. Staff were wonderful and breakfast buffet was delicious. HOWEVER, the rooms are a mess. Our suite had an old wobbly table and 2 wobbly chairs. Carpet needs replacing. We had rented the suite for myself, my daughter and my 5 year old grandson. Suite had a king size bed which was very comfortable since the 3 of us had to sleep together as the sofa bed was totally UNUSABLE!!! When we unfolded the sofa bed, most of the springs were missing and it just flipped out and rested on the floor - unacceptable. Even the 5 year old could not sleep on it as his feet were on the floor with his head somewhat raised. At checkout I did tell the manager that the sofa needed throwing out - not fixing as it was beyond fixing. She did give me a small discount for the inconvenience. Before booking this, ask - Has the furniture in the suites been replaced. Georgia 6-27-2014

Room Tip: Pool small but OK. Suites are very small.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank melmo21
Hampton, Georgia
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Some reviewers correctly mentioned that this Inn is in need of renovation; maybe that is why Country Inns and Suites sold it. Carpets need replacing and there is a little musty smell.

That would rate an average review at best but I boosted it because of the positives including:

Very nice staff, very competitive pricing, clean rooms, good location, and a good breakfast.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights....better than expected by far... comfortable beds and pillows...nice pool..the breakfast was one of the better ones that I've had with a nice selection.. overall for the $ spent it was the best deal of any comparable hotel. I'd definitely stay here again!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends