“Would stay again” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #15 of 39 Hotels in Destin
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Would stay again”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2007

We spent two nights at this hotel last weekend. It's in a great area, close to alot of things, including the beach, Destin Commons shopping center, and Silver Sands Factory Outlet Stores! It's not extravagant, but reasonably priced and average. Next time, I would stay in a suite, so that we'd have a frig and microwave. The Continental breakfast each morning was very good - great selection and big ole tasty waffles!!! USA Today available in lobby, and the hotel has a library of books. If you don't finish reading a book that you may start reading while you're there, you can take it with you and return it on your next stay! Okay, that's interesting. My niece started reading Wuthering Heights, and of course, didn't finish. So I guess we'll have to go back just to return the book, and shop, and eat, and go to the beach!!!! NIce pool, hot tub and fitness center as well. Would stay again!

• Liked — Continental Breakfast
  • Disliked — Cleaning staff did not clean our room until we asked
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with friends
      Location
      Check-in / front desk
3 Thank bayou babe

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Panama City
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2007

It was a nice hotel.The service was nice, and you had a beautiful view of the 12th hole at Kelly Plantation.Then, you could get a hotel with a Ant Bully Book Break. You were just off U.S 98, which had many good stores. But the room didn't have a microwave or refrigerator.Luckily we had brought a cooler. TGI Fridays was nearby, so we had supper there. A nice hotel.

• Liked — staying there
  • Disliked — no microwave or refrigerator
  • Tips/Secrets — no
  • Stayed June 2006, travelled with friends
      Location
      Check-in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank chicken3244
Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2005

This was the second time I had stayed at this hotel. Both stays were extremely enjoyable. The rooms were kept very clean and the staff was friendly and helpful, going the extra mile to help my wife and me. The price was right, much cheaper than surrounding hotels. Though not on the beach the location was not bad. A side road allowed you to miss most of the traffic on 98. There is a public beach 1 mile away with plenty of parking, restrooms, showers, and a restuarant. The hotel also provided guests with drink passes to TGI Fridays right next door to the hotel. We will be staying at this hotel on return visits to Destin.

• Stayed June 2005
4 Thank Himes4
Bangkok
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2004

This was my 8th visit to Destin and the 4rd time I have stayed at this hotel. My first few trips I never found a hotel I enjoyed until I found this one and that is why I have gone back multipal times. Its clean, the staff is friendly and helpful, there is a nice pool right off a golf course, and it has a convenient location if you want to see all of Destin. I have thoroughly enjoyed staying here and I recommend you give it a try

6 Thank Davidbkk1
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2003

Visited the hotel in December 2003. Property condition and location where typical from the other Country Inns we have stayed. The are generally located in comercial areas rather than the "resort" areas.
Price was right, at $75/night for a king suite. The golf course was located behind the hotel I could see it from my room on the second floor. No sure how you would access it not being a golfer myself. I will say it seemed to be the hotel of choice for golfer, as there where many there the weekend I was.

I would not say the staff was unfriendly, more like "reserved" they really didn't initiate alot of contact, but if you aknowledged their existence in a polite way, they where very helpful and polite. The staff was mostly teens, I noticed this every where I went, semed to be mostly teenagers in all the businesses. The only place I saw adults working where at the grocery store.

I stayed in a non-smoking room and also got the smoke smell mainly in the morining and only in the bathroom, coming from vent. This was easily solved by turning on the fan and keeping the smell out.

Other than that it was exactly what I expected. I would definatly stay there again.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2003

What a disappointment. The hotel is located on a golf course, but you can't see it even from the upper floors. The hotel is between a shopping center and a highway. Our non-smoking room reeked of smoke at times, due to (according to the desk help) faulty ventilation system.
And this hotel is more than 5 blocks from the beach with a major highway in between, making walking to the beach impossible. Add to that an unfriendly staff, a non-present manager and a very expensive price-tag, and I think you can find better accomadations elsewhere.

3 Thank visitor_67220
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2003

We visited in June 2003, this was our second visit and we felt that the standards had dropped a little. Staff not as helpful, rooms in need of an upgrade. Location was great mind you. I would stay here again but I would be looking for a better deal next time around. We paid $100 per night for a suite.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member