“Great value and location!”
Condo/Apartment 1 Bedroom 1 Bathroom Sleeps 6 Pets not allowed Save
Enjoy The amenities, Grills, Hot Tub, and Pool. Also Right Across The Street From the Gulf.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

4.5 of 5 bubbles Very good - based on 14 reviews

PleasantP...
NC Mountains
Reviewed 6 July 2013 for a stay in June 2013
Will look elsewhere next time...
people found this review helpful

Let me start with the positives: The unit was tastefully decorated and laid out well. It did have an unobstructed view of the gulf from the balcony which was nice. The pool and the grounds were immaculately kept. Beach Bums, the management company, was always courteous and responsive.
However, there were several negatives. First of all, while the unit appeared clean upon first glance, once we were in for awhile, we saw that ceilings, baseboards and some walls were quite dirty--it hadn't had a deep cleaning in awhile. I was also troubled by the instructions to leave the sheets on the bed upon preparing to check out. I am just hoping the beds are getting stripped between guests, but I believe there was sand in the bed the first time I turned it back. In short, they need a better cleaning service.
The water in the bathroom sink would not turn off. We reported it, but finally had to turn off the valve underneath the sink to stop it. The wireless did not work and my husband spent over an hour on the phone with a tech guy who finally said it was something the owners would have to take care of. There was some major electrical work being done on the whole complex one day and they had the power off for a good 8 hours.
The beaches in the area are beautiful and we will likely return, but we will look for another condo next time.

Liked best: View from balcony
Liked least: cleanliness
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
6 Jul 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our Summerspell # 306 condo. I will absolutely forward your review to Housekeeping and your concerns will be addressed. I will reassure you that the beds are changed between each and every guest. We ask you not to strip the beds at the time of your departure because this is how we inventory our linens that were put into the units. As for the internet and the electrical, it was an electrically related issue and unfortunately, not in our control. We were not aware at the time of your stay. I am not trying to pass the buck, only trying to state the facts. There were some electrical service panel issues that the Home Owner's Association were dealing with during this week that affected the whole middle section of condos (the condos were experiencing power surges). We were unaware that the power was ever interrupted for over 8 hours. We were told by the Home Owner's Association that the power would be off for approx. 30 mins to each unit. Not for hours. I do apologize if this was not the case. We do hope that you will return to Summerspell and to stay with Beach Bums Vacation Rentals again. We do care what you think and would love to speak with you further about the situation. We are very customer service oriented and want to know how we can make your stay more enjoyable.
mnelson1
Ames, Iowa
Reviewed 1 August 2011 for a stay in May 2011
Great value and location!

I would definitely recommend staying here! My boyfriend and I stayed for five nights in may and the weather was beautiful! The condo was very clean and has a great location just a short walk across the street to the beach. It was very easy to go down to the beach and then come back up for lunch then back down for some more beach time! The view was wonderful and I would definitely recommend staying on the third floor at this location for that reason. The location was also great for me because I am a runner. There is a nice paved path probably about 7-8 miles long right outside the place that I was able to run on every morning when I was there. They had everything we needed in the unit to be able to cook our own dinner and it was a nice surprise to find some beach chairs in the closet that we used as well. (Good thing I didn't end up buying some from the store!) After a wonderful time of breakfasts on the balcony, afternoons on the beach, and drinks at sunset on the beach we would definitely come back!

5 of 5 bubbles Value 5 of 5 bubbles Rooms
5 of 5 bubbles Check-in / front desk 5 of 5 bubbles Service
Travelling group: With Spouse/Partner
Your age range I prefer not to answer
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Reviewed 12 July 2010 for a stay in June 2010
Wonderful Time!
person found this review helpful

Great location right across from the beach, see the gulf from the balcony! The condo housed me, my husband and our four children very comfortably! We had a wonderful vacation in Destin!

4 of 5 bubbles Value 4 of 5 bubbles Rooms
4 of 5 bubbles Check-in / front desk
Travelling group: Family with young children
Your age range 25-34
Reviewed 6 July 2010 for a stay in June 2010
Fantastic

fantastic is all we can say. Looking forward to next time already. Thank you

5 of 5 bubbles Value 4 of 5 bubbles Rooms
5 of 5 bubbles Check-in / front desk 4 of 5 bubbles Service
Travelling group: Spouse / significant other
Your age range 35-44
Young singles Friends getaway
A romantic getaway Families with young children
Luxury-minded travelers
Reviewed 25 September 2009 for a stay in August 2009
Great Location! Condo equipped with everything you need.

The condo at Summerspell was way more than I expected. It was spacious, right across the street from the beach, right down the street from Silver Sands Outlet Mall, and lots of other great choices for your dining and shopping needs as well as beach gear. Great overall experience. The condo included everything from towels in the bathroom to pots and pans in the kitchen. Balcony faced the pool and hot tub and great beach view. Very clean inside and out. No problems whatsoever during our stay.

5 of 5 bubbles Value 5 of 5 bubbles Rooms
5 of 5 bubbles Check-in / front desk 5 of 5 bubbles Service
Liked best: Location
Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Family (extended)
Your age range 25-34
Young singles Friends getaway
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups Luxury-minded travelers
Rugged travelers
MO
Reviewed 31 July 2009 for a stay in June 2009
North West Arkansas
Reviewed 17 June 2009 for a stay in June 2009
person found this review helpful
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$70
Night
Week
Month
Additional fees may be applied by manager
Make Enquiry
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.