“Cold Crab Cake but Corrected”

Mitchell's Fish Market - Sandestin
Price range: US$40 - US$60
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: We invite you to discover our fresh seafood obsession at Mitchell's Fish Market where the fish is off the boat fresh, the drinks are made with fresh-squeezed juice & the atmosphere is as warm and inviting as a day on the water. At Mitchell's Fish Market we are obsessed with fresh seafood. Our mantra is a commitment & passion for freshness as a way of life - a pledge that our fish is 100% fresh or it isn't good enough. With more than 80 items, the chef inspired menu includes items such as Cedar Roasted Atlantic Salmon & Shang Hai Sea Bass. Come experience what an obsession with freshness tastes like at Mitchell's Fish Market...fish any fresher would still be in the ocean!
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We visited this location for lunch. It was an extremely rainy day so it wasn't busy. We were served promptly. However, my entree was a crab cake and it came out cold in the very center. My fiancé had the fish sandwich and fries. I had a taste of the sandwich...it was soooo good. The crab cake was redone and it was excellent as well. I love Mitchell's food and the ambiance of the restaurant. We always visit here at least once when we vacation in the Destine area. The food is really good with a spectacular FRESH taste in all of their fish dishes that I have had. So I overlooked this one mistake, it was corrected and it was very good. They also have a really good Happy Hour daily.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

My review may be a bit jaded because my first bite of sea bass had a bone in it. I wasn't able to tell anyone because my wait staff never checked on our party after the food was served to us. We were a parents and 2 kids. After eating fried seafood, we followed the reviews to find a nice, good food restaurant. For $100+ meal, we got chain restaurant seafood. It was flavorful but nothing I would return for. We asked around and there is a market for fresh, not fried, seafood in Destin. Someone should fill it! I've had better seafood in Kansas. Service was also mediocre.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Second time here, first time was with my wife and kids. This time, just the wife and I. The food was pretty good, not great, but good. The service was good also. We showed up and were seated immediately, we had reservations.

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

A hidden gem just waiting for your taste buds!! Everything was fantastic- very fresh!! You won't be disappointed at all. We plan on going back in July- can't wait!! Yum

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Much of the eating experience in Destin is over hyped and over priced. Mitchell`s is neither. It serves honest to goodness food at very reasonable prices. It was the only restaurant we visited twice during our week in Destin. Four of us had six different mains. The cod and chips was superb and the quantity more than enough for all but the greediest diner. My companions` other fish courses were all outstanding. And the carrot cake................you have to see it to believe it and then take it home in a doggy bag for the next four days treats.

Make this place a "must".