“Exquiste Fish”

Mitchell's Fish Market - Sandestin
Reserve with OpenTable
Mitchell's Fish Market - Sandestin is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #70 of 303 Restaurants in Destin
Price range: US$40 - US$60
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: We invite you to discover our fresh seafood obsession at Mitchell's Fish Market where the fish is off the boat fresh, the drinks are made with fresh-squeezed juice & the atmosphere is as warm and inviting as a day on the water. At Mitchell's Fish Market we are obsessed with fresh seafood. Our mantra is a commitment & passion for freshness as a way of life - a pledge that our fish is 100% fresh or it isn't good enough. With more than 80 items, the chef inspired menu includes items such as Cedar Roasted Atlantic Salmon & Shang Hai Sea Bass. Come experience what an obsession with freshness tastes like at Mitchell's Fish Market...fish any fresher would still be in the ocean! View of menus online at www.mitchellsfishmarket.com!
Jefferson City, MO
“Exquiste Fish”
Reviewed 29 June 2009

My wife had shrimp and pasta, and I had the Fish and Chips, and our daughter had the Sea Bass. Everyone enjoyed what they had, and the food portions were plentiful. The side dishes were well prepared, and the restaurant was a comfy temperature, not too hot, not too cold.

Atlanta
“Elegant food, casual atmosphere”
Reviewed 8 June 2009

(June 2009)
We were pleasantly surprised by Mitchell's. In a neighborhood of overpriced, tourist traps, Mitchell's stood out as having truly excellent food. Our family of four dined for about $45 including tip. This included two kids' meals, one generous entree that we shared, one salad and one appetizer. The food was thoughtfully prepared. Artichoke and spinach dip was generous enough for four people to share, and served with flatbreads instead of the more pedestrian chips you find in most chain restaurants. Our entree was a salmon duo, with two Asian-inspired preparations. The chef demonstrated a real respect for the food -- the salmon was delicate and was complemented, not overpowered, by the choice of seasonings and sauces. Service was just right: attentive but not hovering. I only wish we had discovered Mitchell's earlier in our visit to Sandestin. We would have dined there more than once.

Charlotte, NC
“A Good Find in the Sandestin Area!”
Reviewed 20 May 2009

My wife and I dined at Mitchell's and had a great dinner! The food was very fresh, reasonably well priced, and tasty! We had the spinach and artichoke dip, which was great and very flavorful. We both had house side salads which were extra, but worth it - they had a great poppyseed dressing and the veggies were all very fresh. I had the beer battered shrimp and she had the crab cakes and shrimp and we both really enjoyed our food! Everything was super fresh and delicious! The drinks were also very good with great sour mix for the margaritas. Overall, a fairly good value. Portions weren't huge, but we certainly didn't leave hungry either! We would definitely recommend it if you're in the Sandestin area!

Destin, Florida
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed 9 March 2009

Cant say enough about the place...cant believe there are not more reviews. Anyway, definitely recommend the place. Try the gumbo...some of the best I've had! There were four of us and everyone loved the food. Service was excellent...nice job, Kirsten!
It is upscale, but it wasn't too pricey. I took my father in law and his girlfriend...they thought is was great!

1 Thank BilrusandFriends
St. Louis, MO
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Highly Recommended”
Reviewed 20 February 2009

My wife and I found this restaurant to be EXCELLENT.

We had lunch here one day and returned a week later for another lunch. Then, when some friends came to visit us in Destin, we took them here and they loved it also.

The seafood is excellent with wonderful sauces and great presentation. The entree presentations remind me of some of the best restaurants in France. In fact, I took photos of each entree when they were served, a habit I acquired while in France.

My favorite entree is the "Plank-grilled Salmon." The "Fisherman Style" Seafood Stew is also wonderful as well as the Shrimp Americana. The sauces on each dish were wonderful and really enhanced the flavor.

For dessert, I had the "Sharkfin Pie." This was really good. But be warned, it is huge. One slice will easily serve two (or more) people. And the carrot cake is also wonderful. Again, be warned, it is 7 layers and will serve to (or more) people.

And the prices are reasonable and not as high as some other seafood restaurants in Destin.

So, excellent seafood at reasonable prices.
We plan to return to this restaurant before we leave Destin.

HIGHLY Recommended.