“Pricey Boat Ride with So So Meal”
Review of SunQuest Cruises

SunQuest Cruises
Ranked #44 of 304 Restaurants in Destin
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Dine, Dance, Cruise, Wed.... Embark on a truly memorable experience. Cruise through your next dinner, Destin wedding or reception, meeting or event aboard SunQuest Cruise's SOLARIS yacht in Sandestin. Sunset Fireworks Cruises every Tuesday and Thursday in the summer. Rated as one of the top things to do in Destin, the 125' SOLARIS yacht features three decks with indoor and outdoor waterfront space for up to 150 people. An amazing alternative to waterfront and seafood restaurants in Destin Florida as we take it ON the water and INTO the sunset. The SOLARIS cruises year-round from Sandestin, rain or shine for weekly fine dining, dancing and sunset cruises. The SOLARIS takes Destin restaurants and waterfront dining to the next level as you indulge in award-winning cuisines while cruising into the sunset. Our fine dining menus include prime seafood and fresh, local Gulf seafood. Voted as the best venue for Destin Florida weddings by readers of the Knot for 7 consecutive years and 2016 WeddingWire Couples Choice award winner, a SOLARIS wedding also includes experienced wedding planners, a breathtaking, open-air sky deck, flexible Destin wedding packages and award-winning cuisines. This is where amazing is unforgettable. Plus enjoy an all-inclusive experience at the Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort. Whether you looking for things for your group to do, seeking an event venue or meeting facilities, the SOLARIS is a unique option, offering inspiring waterfront spaces for any event. Private and semi-private cruise packages available that include experienced event planners. Leave your worries in our wake! The SOLARIS is conveniently located at the Sandestin Golf & Beach Resort, providing an all-inclusive experience. Cruise through your dinner, wedding or event and then stay on property for a worry-free experience. The Sandestin Resort features a variety of accommodations, transportation, entertainment and more.
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
“Pricey Boat Ride with So So Meal”
Reviewed 20 July 2013

Considering the awards on the web site, perhaps I'm being too picky. Ordered upgraded beef with grilled shrimp and got four SMALL shrimp for $12 that were so overly spicey they were barely edible. Similarly, the roast new potatoes were hard from over cooking and the beans were cold and also overly spiced. In fact, my impression of the entire meal was the chef tries to cover mediocre fare with heavy spices and most everything was too peppery. That included the garlic humus and tuna dip appetizers our party of four ordered. The steak however was warm and nicely prepared. Online menu cites bread and herbed butter, but was actually herbed bread and dipping oil. We were expecting some post dinner dancing, but I do not see it specifically on the site, so bad impression on our part. The entertainment was good. The solo performer had a nice voice and style that was applied to every piece. By the end of the night the three hours of unvarying music became annoying background noise. Service was great and attentive. Great boat and wonderful views. Probably would NOT do this again unless someone else was paying.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank rscott1220

Beaufort, South Carolina
“Best thing to do as a couple in Destin”
Reviewed 7 July 2013 via mobile

It was our 9th wedding Anniversary and my wife booked this cruise. Shortly after leaving the pier dolphins began to swim right outside our window. The service was amazing, the views were breath taking and the food was just to match to make the best thing we have done as a couple. The price is a bargain for the amazing evening you will have.

6 Thank dgdeppen
Austin, Texas, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice experience, not sure I'd do again”
Reviewed 24 June 2013

We took the cruise to celebrate our anniversary. Baytowne Wharf is a neat area, but the cruise would've been even nicer in the emerald waters. Chocatowatchee Bay is nice enough, but not as breath-taking. I was not impressed with the fish of the day; it was bland. The veggies tasted good. I preferred my hubby's chicken meal, and he liked it too. Bread & olive oil were tasty, but not warm. The chocolate mousse was good but had the consistency of chocolate whipped cream. So all in all, $70 a plate was pretty steep for what we got. It broke down to $27.50 for dinner & $42 for the yacht, so that made me feel a little better. The crew was friendly, and they recognized special occasions & took song requests, so I appreciated the personal touch. The singer was a bit nasal for my taste, but she was entertaining. They danced the Wobble! Service was ok. They said it was a slow night but water took a while to get refilled. We'd never been on a cruise, so we enjoyed checking out the boat & chilling on the top floor of the boat. The 3 hours flew by. We even saw a dolphin. However, due to the high price, I doubt we'll do again.

1 Thank Bird428
St. Louis
“Great dinner cruise”
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Best meal we had in Destin! We had a birthday package. Everything turned out wonderful! Good food, entertainment and service. Make sure you go on a night when they have fireworks. Highly recommend!

1 Thank kitcatSt_Louis
“Had a great time! Beautiful scenery and service.”
Reviewed 8 June 2013 via mobile

My overall experience was great. The crew, service, food, and entertainment were great. I feel because of the length of cruise it may be more for adults than children. However, if your child can stay up I think they will enjoy it as well. We had a really great time, I will definitely do it again.

1 Thank Docnolan09