Silver Dunes Condominium
US$169
Sleep Inn(Destin)
US$105
SleepInn
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Destin(Destin)(Great Value!)
US$169
US$234
Travelocity
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewssmaller complexbeach servicenice poolrowsunitscondochairsamenities
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 November 2012

Went for a week in November for relaxation. We found the perfect spot. Our condo was just inside the gate so it was very convenient. Our room was tastefully decorated and had anything we would need. The staff was friendly and helpful. We were on the ground floor and had a great view of the pool and well maintained grounds. The employees were out every day keeping everything beautiful. We were in the back building and had just a short walk to the beach. I would recommend Silver Dunes as the place to go.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shirley B
Reviewed 24 August 2012

We have been going here for 40 years with our families from around the world. The staff is exceptional, The Beach Service (George Noble) is unbelievably good. And Destin beaches are the best in the world. The only drawback is that Destin has become so popular that traffic is difficult.

Room Tip: There are 1-3 bedrooms with the larger bedrooms in the penthouse. The one bedrooms are on the ground floor of the penthouse. All of the units in the sawtooth buildings are 2 BR. We love the green space in the courtyard for the children to play
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank BebeD
Reviewed 27 April 2012

I selected this condo for a spring break trip with my 16 year old daughter and her friend, primarily because of the TA reviews and my desire not to stay in a high rise. Traveled from Indianapolis area which is 12.5 hours away unless there is a traffic issue.This property had all the features I wanted. Condo B1402 was extremely nicely decorated, clean, with view of both pool and ocean so I could keep an eye on my teens...gated and secure complex. I liked that there was daily towel exchange and maintenance support if needed, but if not needed, no bother. Location is excellent for dining and shopping east or west, with big box stores nearby for low priced essentials. Absolutely no noise even though it was spring break. If I had small kids and wanted to come to Destin, I would definitely come here because of the location: safety, amenities (washer/dryer in unit) and grassy area for play between pool and ocean.High rises are on both sides but are easily ignored. In this particular unit, wi-fi internet access was spotty but not an issue considering it was a vacation!

Room Tip: away from elevator (towards ocean).
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank indy25
Reviewed 10 March 2012

I have been going to Silver Dunes for most of my life and can say with perfect confidence that you will absolutely love this place. Every condo is very meticulously cared for and cleaned. The front desk is first class in the willingness to help make your stay fantastic. The housekeeping staff is top notch. If you have a young child, they have cribs or other immenities that make it more convenient. Last but not least, George the beach attendant is the most knowledgable, hard working, and meticulous person you could ever want on the beach. He has spoiled me because anytime that I have gone to another beach the experience can never live up to how good of a job George does. He has the umbrellas ready as early as you could possibly want on the beach. He turns the umbrellas for you as the sun moves across the sky. (advice: don't move it yourself, he has a particular way of doing it and prefers to do it himself). He also has volleyballs and other activities that you might want to play on the beach. He is fairly priced. At the end of the day he hoists a cocktail flag to signify "it's 5 o'clock somewhere" and he begins taking down the umbrellas and chairs. Ask him anything about the weather. With over 25 years on the same beach, he has seen and knows it all. In terms of attractions around the resort, The Track and Big Kahuna are within walking distance. Both are a lot of fun. Also within walking distance is Chick-fil-a, the Back Porch, Waffle House, and many souvenir stores. Walmart and Food City for groceries are 5 min drives depending on traffic. There is a tennis court, pool, basketball hoop, outdoor grills and laundry room on site available for any guests use. This is all for now.

• Stayed: March 2012
5  Thank cmorgancox
Reviewed 4 January 2012

I've been to the silver dunes 4 times and have stayed in 4 different condos and I was satisfied each time. The rooms are clean and spacious. It's nice staying in a place that only has 4 floors unlike all the other high rise buildings which totally take away from any natural feel that the beAch could possibly have. They have a pool (not heated). I would recommend staying here

• Stayed: December 2011