“Nice break from seafood”

Tuscany Italian Bistro
Ranked #51 of 302 Restaurants in Destin
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Business meetings, Groups, Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Atlanta
“Nice break from seafood”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

As a group of four, we ate here early. We arrived about 5:00, and were seated immediately. Two people ordered the cheese ravioli. You could tell it was homemade, and it was good. The serving size was much smaller than I anticipated. You wouldn't be able to share it. My friend and I ordered the Caesar salad and the chicken Parmesan to share. Our portion size was big enough to share. The waiter brought out extra plates and serving tongs for us to serve ourselves off the plate. The only thing that was surprising was the small amount of pasta noodles we got with the large amount of chicken. However, we were both plenty full when we finished. I would probably eat here again, but would be wary to share something since portion sizes are so inconsistent.

Visited June 2014

Orlando, Florida
“Fantastic Italian restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

The waiter from Venice area of Italy was wonderful and the meals were superb. The pasta pescado was full of flavorful clams grouper, mussels, scallops,and shrimps with a flavorful mildly spicy red sauce.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank fivekhigh
Columbia City, Indiana
“Not sure why all the poor reviews - it was delicious and good service too!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

I am not sure why there were so many poor reviews, unless those folks just went on a bad night.

Our party of four was seated promptly and in a very friendly manner, and our waiter promptly took our drink orders and returned with a basket of fresh bread and a bowl of dipping oil. The bread was crusty and golden on the outside, and deliciously warm on the inside.

We ordered our meals and they came in a timely manner. Portions are very large! I did not have a problem with the price of the meals once I saw the amount of food...even more so when that first bite hit my mouth. My eggplant parmesean was very tasty! Other meals ordered were chicken parmesean (was told it was very good), linguine and meatballs (generous meatballs and pasta) and the greek salad had LOTS of goodies on it...including a TON of feta! YUM!

All told, our bill for four at this restaurant was cheaper than when we went to a cheesy chain restaurant...and the food and atmosphere was so much better, and included a glass of wine.

The atmosphere is relaxed and cozy - I would definitely come back for a romantic dinner! (And if I'm honest, the waiters weren't too hard on the eyes or ears either!)

• Visited May 2014
Mississauga, Canada
“Not too impressed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

The waiter started out very friendly and was eager to serve us. As soon as we mentioned that we don't drink, his face turned and not energetic any more. Why? He expects every customer orders an alcoholic drink!!?? There were two dishes that we enjoyed most..grill red snapper head to tail and calamari. The rest was so so. Not sure if we want to go back if we are in the area.

• Visited April 2014
Battle Creek, Michigan
“Horrible Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

We had an Italian waiter who began by placing my napkin in my lap then saying he was going to bring back bread. Never returned to our table and after 15 minutes and he had passed our table several times I asked if we could get waited on and he said it was not his table he would get our waiter. (we know we sere seated in his section because he was servicing every table around us). He went to the kitchen door and called for someone and after several minutes the manager came over and apologized. She asked if we wanted an appetizer on the house. The next waiter came over and apologized and said he did not know we were here it was not his section. A group in his section was seated shortly after us and the Italian waiter went to wait on them.
Guess he did not figure we looked wealthy enough and would not get a big enough tip so he ignored us. We sat for 15 minutes with no offer for drinks or anything because of this arrogant smug little creep who hopefully was fired and if this restaurant does not fire an employee for this kind of behavior it is certainly not worth reviewing their food.

• Visited April 2014