“Literally breathtaking, awesome time!!”
Review of Hang Em High Parasail - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Hang Em High Parasail
Reviewed 16 August 2012

Came out to destin with my girlfriend from Colorado.. Looked around and found these guys were the best value in destin, had a great time on the boat, captain Travis was very knowledgeable about the area. Took my girl an myself on a last minute scheduled flight . They flew us longer than any of the other companies ad at the end of the trip he even stopped the boat for 5 or 10 minutes to let us watch a pod of dolphins swimming around right outside the jetties!! Just amazing! These guys were awesome!! I can't wait to come back and do it again!

Reviewed 22 June 2012

These guys were great!! They're the cheapest price in town and yet they fly longer and higher than all the others. We were unsatisfied with a different company we went with the year before and chose to go with Hang Em High this year and we're glad we did. We'll be back next year. Thx guys!!

Reviewed 3 May 2012

I would strongly recommend against going out with this guy. The problem started when the guy called us to ask if we could reschedule our time. We're flexible and understand things come up so we rearranged most of our day to do this. However, once we got the harbor area he still wasn’t ready and we waited about 35-40 minutes for him and his apparent girlfriend to get it together.

When we got on the boat he immediately started smoking. Again, we're pretty chill people, I mean we're out parasailing so trust me we're not that uptight. However, I just generally felt that was not the greatest way to start a great experience. I have friends who would flip over that. My husband being an ex-smoker didn't care, I was just put off by it.

The guy who owns this boat was a JERK. He had an extremely rude attitude; this is my boat, my way, my rules type of thing. We were the only ones on the boat and had NO issues with any rules so the arrogance was so uncalled for. Extremely arrogant, smoking, cussing type of deal. We were just REALLY REALLY uncomfortable and felt unwelcome.

The experience it's self was ok. We had fun while up in the air but felt uncomfortable on the way back in also. I went parasailing in the Bahamas years ago and those guys made the boat part of the trip even more fun that parasailing. Just kind and fun. This guy has NO people skills at all!!

The worst part was we paid with a credit card over the phone and didn't think about tipping. As we're pulling back in he starts talking about how tips are welcome. I'm thinking to myself even if I had money.. yeah right. We just paid over $125 for about 30 minutes of your time. So I told him I'm sorry we didn't bring any money since we paid over the phone with a credit card. He then asked us which hotel we were staying at so he could COME PICK UP THE TIP MONEY.... At this point I might have laughed thinking you have GOT to be kidding me right? NO! He was dead serious. Well thank God we were staying at a place far down toward Santa Rosa so that didn't seem to interest him.

We felt strongly that this guy was shady and if we had to re-do it I would NOT go with this company for safety reasons for sure but also because he made us feel so uncomfortable.

4  Thank Christy E
Reviewed 21 March 2011

we went parasailing with them and they calmed down my girlfriends fear of flying away. Even gave her one of there coats cause we went @ sunset and it was chilly.We paid 95 bucks for us to both go 800 feet in the air for bout 15 mins and was only attached by a cable. TERRIFIED lol. But after a while you calm down and enjoy the sights. i mean its not like they can hear yu screamin anyway. Lol

4  Thank KaptivatingTraveler