“Nice Beach HOME”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

of 5 bubbles
4 of 5 bubbles Very good - based on 6 reviews

Reviews from our community

A TripAdvisor Member
“House is in need of repair and cleaning”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013 for a stay in July 2013
people found this review helpful

The house online appears great in the pictures. When we arrived the toliets were not clean, the handle on the frig broken off, pool table is worn out and unusuable, the floors made your feet black because they are very dirty, the sliding door on the main floor seals are all broken so you can't see out, drapes are thread bare along the bottom, ice maker in kitchen will not dispense, the king bedroom where our my granddaughter slept was soaked from the rain that came in through the window. The chairs by the bar are broken down..one was actually by the dumpster when we arrived. We had no beach towels and I called the first day about some pillows and towels...never got a response. The pool was dirty - some guys stopped by after the call and dumped chemical in it and said pool cleaners would come next day..didn't see anyone until Wednesday. There are not enough chairs on the deck for people to set together and the kitchen needs to be restocked with some much needed pots, pans, wine opener that works. The rug under the table in kitchen was so bad that we had to move everything to clean the hair, sand and dirt from it. This property needs to be painted, redecorated and really cleaned for the price they charge. We made the best of it because this was a special family trip...but wouldn't rent again.

2 of 5 bubbles Value 3 of 5 bubbles Rooms
4 of 5 bubbles Location 2 of 5 bubbles Cleanliness
4 of 5 bubbles Check-in / front desk 2 of 5 bubbles Service
traceynt
Chicago, Illinois
“Between Poor and Average”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2012 for a stay in July 2012
people found this review helpful

There are so many things to comment on regarding this home that I will try and keep it simple and address each one individually......

We are a family of 18....9 Adults, 9 children (4-17).

First I will start with the positive feedback.
* There is plenty of room for large groups (main floor there are 4 sets of bunks 1 full, 7 twins and a queen bedroom; 2nd floor has 2 queen bedrooms; 3rd floor has 2 kings and 1 queen bedroom; tower has 2 twins; I also noticed that there was a rollaway in one of the closets)
* There are 8 bathrooms; almost all bedrooms have their own bath (only two have tubs, master on the 3rd. floor has a jacuzzi tub and bathroom on main has a standard tub)
* There are 2 dishwashers, 2 washers/dryers (main and 3rd. floor) and 2 fridges (main and 2nd. floor)
* It is a very short walk to the private beach

That however is where the positive ends......A month before our trip began, my sister-in-law was in Destin and decided to take a drive by the house and check out the location, etc... When she arrived she was offered a tour by the current residents. She contacted me as I was the one who made the reservation and mentioned some items that we should have addressed before our arrival (the fridge was missing ALL drawer and shelf fronts so the current residents had used cling wrap to keep their stuff from falling out, the pool table was in terrible condition and was not usable for a real game, not enough dishes for a large group). I contacted the property management company and they were "shocked" that no one had brought these items to their attention and that they were sending someone over immediately to check on them and fix them as they didn't want their current residents to have to deal with it either (The owner of the property mgmt. company is at every house when someone checks in and out so how these items slipped their attention I will never know. Plus the pool table is the first thing you see when you walk in.) I received a call a couple days later stated that the items were addressed and there should be no problems when we arrive and thanked me for the heads up.

My husband and I arrived early to Destin as we were traveling from California. You can check into the house at 1 and use the main level and pool but we went by early to check out the private beach and the location of our beach service (we wanted to be as close to the entrance as we would be carrying enough for our large group each day). When we arrived the owner of the property mgmt company was there and he was nice enough to show us the beach location and offered us the use of some beach chairs so that we would not have to pay for more beach service. At noon we dropped our stuff off as we had to return our car to the airport and he went ahead and let us check in. That means that it took them ONLY 3 hours to clean this property as you have to check out at 9 am. So I will go through the negatives of this property!!
Cleanliness:
* First there is no way to clean this large a home in that short amount of time.....period!!
* The floors were filthy....you couldn't see the dirt, but your feet were black after walking around for an hour (we wore shoes the rest of our trip and at night I kept a hand towel by my bed to wipe my feet on before getting into bed)
* It took 2 days to get a broom and dustpan which were missing from the house. There are no cleaning supplies.
Bedding/Linens:
* Most of the beds had sand already in them....I understand that it is a beach community, but if the sheets were cleaned that morning there should be no sand in the bed on your first night...several of us rewashed our sheets the next morning.
* The pillows are like pancakes (flat) and very uncomfortable and there aren't extra.
* Each bathroom only has 2 towels, 2 hand towels and 2 wash clothes, so you are doing a lot of laundry if you are a large group.
* Also there was no way that all the comforters had been washed and replaced in that short amount of time, so we pulled most of them off and didn't use them. YUCK
Main Floor:
* Dumb waiter is broken.....so everytime you carry in luggage or groceries you have to carry it upstairs, if you are staying on the 3rd. floor or the tower it is even worse. "It is just broken and has never worked" was the answer I was given for this.
* Pool table felt was never replaced and when i contacted the owner about it, I was told that he was authorized to make repairs without the homeowners approval up to $400, so I asked him why he didn't have the felt replaced (which only cost $250, I have a pool table and have had it done) and he said that there was no point as the table was cheap and instead they would just throw it out and replace it. When I asked why he hadn't done it already, he said that "it would just get torn again". Well that is why you have a security deposit!!!! Not my problem.
* It is nice to have a pool, but the pool is VERY small and when you have a large group, it can not accommodate but about half and you aren't swimming at that point. There is a table with 6 chairs and an umbrella and 5 or 6 lounge chairs which is nice. There is also a shower on the side of the house to use when you get back from the beach.
* The tile outside the door by the pool is VERY VERY slippery, the tile is not the kind you use outside or in a bathroom. Several people slipped and fell, so we had to lay towels over it to help. There is a small sign "caution slippery when wet". When I mentioned the severity of the issue to the owner he said "yes I need to have that replaced, it is very dangerous". I asked if he could provide some rubber mats and he gave me 5 or 6 all weather floor mats (for a car) to use. We went back to using towels. Also there is no rug inside the door, so we had to use towels as well. There are no rugs anywhere...except under the dining table).
* The grill was not working and it was replaced on day 4 (notified first thing monday morning 8:30 am). The day before it was replaced when the repairman came to check it out, he left the gas on and when I went out the next morning to get towels for laundry I smelled the gas. That could have been a very dangerous situation and the owner just shrugged it off.
* One of the bedrooms on the main level with bunks was missing about half the baseboards and plug covers.
2nd. Floor:
* Well it isn't what you see in the pictures online.....First there is only a couch and loveseat in the family room (in the house period) so when you are traveling with a large group, you have to sit at the kitchen table or where you can. There is also no rug in the family room, so it is very loud. (rug shown in pictures)
* There are no barstools, instead they have 4 regular chairs at the bar which makes it unusable. When I sat (I am 5'5) my chin could rest on the bar. So we ate in stages, we fed the kids first at the table (eight chairs) and then the adults ate or they ate on the coffee table). The bar is about 10-12 feet long and could seat at least 6 comfortably if they had the right chairs. Shows stools in the pictures.
* The fridge was still not fixed....no drawer or shelf fronts. It was replaced on day 3 or 4 as well. Owner admitted to dropping the ball.....not my problem.
* There are 2 queen bedrooms (1 with private bath and 1 that shared with the living area. This is a design flaw in the house, so everyone usually used their own bathroom in their bedroom (pain when you are on the top floor).
* wrought iron spindle fell out of the staircase and fell 2 floors....this is very dangerous especially when you have small children. we were very lucky no one was sitting at the table on the main level as they would have been hurt. We used cling wrap to fix the space it made as we had a 4 year old. When it was fixed, i mentioned that there were quite a few loose and was told they would return to fix them but never did.
* There is a large deck overlooking the pool from this floor but there is only 3 chairs and 2 tables (no fans). The floor of this deck near the railing is rotted but has been painted over so be very careful as someone will eventually fall through the flooring.
* The kitchen is very nice with lots of dishes and cook ware, the only real negative is the size of the cooktop. When you are cooking for a large group it is very hard.
* There is also a loose tile near the stairs which everyone stubbed their toe on a least once. I mentioned it to the repairman but again nothing.
3rd. floor
* The AC did not work well on this floor the entire trip. We put the AC on 69 upon arrival and during the day it stayed around 76, at night was a a little better as it got down to about 72. Owner tried to fix it but I was just told that is how it is in Florida with the hot weather. What they didn't know was that I am from the south originally and despite the weather, your AC should hit the number you set it at or something is broken.
* The jacuzzi tub in the master is disgusting. There is mold/mildew in every jet. I have a jacuzzi tub and every week or 2 I fill it above the jets and run bleach through it to kill any mildew or mold that can accumulate in the jets. Based on the amount accumulated in their tub, I would guess it has never been cleaned. Beware of this as you can get sick from any bacteria you may swallow.

Because of our concerns, the owner gave us the use of a golf cart for the week. We appreciated this however the first one wouldn't charge and had to be replaced....not shocked, just par for the course. We had to run an extension cord into the main floor to plug it in because none of the outside outlets work. Because the extension cord was so thick, you couldn't shut the door completely downstairs which did not help with the AC problem.

Basically I would steer clear of this home. It is need of a lot of TLC and updates. I really wanted to enjoy my trip and not have to worry about all this stuff but I had no choice. Unfortunately we paid close to $9000 for this week in which none was offered back for the multitude of problems we had to endure (I am however looking into my consumer protection benefits for the credit card I used). We met several people in the neighborhood that were staying in Beach Reunion (prop. mgmt co) properties and they had a lot of the same problems. Very unfortunate.

4 of 5 bubbles How easy was it to book the property? 4 of 5 bubbles How helpful were the directions to the property?
4 of 5 bubbles How easy was key pickup/access to the property? 2 of 5 bubbles Overall condition of the property
2 of 5 bubbles Bedding & mattresses 3 of 5 bubbles Kitchen & utensils
3 of 5 bubbles Bathroom cleanliness 2 of 5 bubbles Other facilities & amenities
2 of 5 bubbles Service
Liked best: proximity to beach and size
Liked least: many problems mentioned above
Travelling group: Large Group
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Steffany0...
Tupelo, Mississippi
“Nice Beach HOME”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2012 for a stay in May 2012
people found this review helpful

I loved staying at the beach house. It had plenty of space for my family and I to enjoy and be comfortable. We had difficulty with the air in the downstairs bedrooms but the staff at beach reunion came to work on it whenever we called. I would stay at this home again if my family 24 ever decided to visit destin again.

5 of 5 bubbles How easy was key pickup/access to the property? 4 of 5 bubbles Overall condition of the property
5 of 5 bubbles Bedding & mattresses 5 of 5 bubbles Kitchen & utensils
5 of 5 bubbles Bathroom cleanliness 5 of 5 bubbles Other facilities & amenities
5 of 5 bubbles Service
Liked best: spacious
Liked least: location
Travelling group: Family with Young Children
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2011 for a stay in November 2011
5 of 5 bubbles Value 5 of 5 bubbles Rooms
5 of 5 bubbles Location 5 of 5 bubbles Cleanliness
A TripAdvisor Member
“Wonderful wedding week with family!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2011 for a stay in November 2011

This home was perfect for our stay. We had 15 adults, so the 6 bedrooms with queens/kings and their own baths worked out great. There was still room for more if we needed it. Loved the layout of the living & dining - one big room that flowed out to a huge porch. We had a clogged disposal and when we called they came very quickly to fix it. Very close to the beach, a few minutes walk from the house. Really enjoyed our visit and had a wonderful wedding at the house directly across the street!

5 of 5 bubbles Value 5 of 5 bubbles Rooms
5 of 5 bubbles Location 5 of 5 bubbles Cleanliness
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
from
US$400
Night
Week
Additional fees may be applied by manager
Make Enquiry
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing