“Horrible Sea Sickness and still had a good time”

New Florida Girl Party Fishing Boats
alsmedic
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Horrible Sea Sickness and still had a good time”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

If I had to do it over again I'd still use this boat company but I would definitely pre-medicate with Dramamine or an Ear patch.I'm not prone to motion sickness but 5+ foot waves did me in once we couldn't see the shore.

That staff was fantastic. The boat caught lots of Red Snapper my party of two caught 5 large fish.

Plan to tip it's expected but the staff did a great job.
Calmer seas would have been nice but certainly not the captains fault. The boat was full but not Jam packed.

One reviewer wrote that during there motion sickness the staff seemed not to care. I was asked frequently if they could do anything thing for me or if I was ok. They aren't going to pamper you but and I was miserable for an hour or so but they did ask while managing the other 60+ people and providing them a good time as well.

I would not go out on a hot day as the cabin is not air-conditioned but if cool and overcast and a good breeze, game on.....

Thrilled with my fish. Lots of different spots and they cleaned the fish promptly.

Have your family meet you at 1pm take some of your fish next door and have it cooked at AJ's with all the fixings for 7 bucks with the boats coupon. GREAT DEAL .

Visited June 2014
1 Thank alsmedic

Fort Walton Beach, Florida
“Had ALOT of fun”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

My husband purchased two spots for us on the American Spirit for my 40th birthday. We spent about 5 hours out to sea. The crew was extremely nice. The weather was great and I caught 6 fish. Of which 4 were keepers. When we got back to dock the deck hands cleaned and filleted the fish for free. Came home with a bunch of fish my kids wont eat but I am proud to say I caught. Thank you to the captain and crew of the American Spirit. I will definitely be back on board soon.

Visited May 2014
3 Thank Rosemary G
MORRISTOWN
“great trip”
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

the fishing was great. you have to go out a while but its worth it. the staff are real attentive. some people need rto stay ashore instead of chuming the water. lol

Visited March 2014
3 Thank MARK V
Crestview, Florida
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“American Spirit Crew”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I go fishing on the American Spirit all the time and the crew are just as nice and helpful to the other people fishing as they are to me. I have never seen them be rude or disrespectful to anyone. If I catch a big fish, its just because my bait was the one it saw. There are also days I don't have a single fish to carry home but sure did have fun trying.

Visited March 2014
4 Thank KathyA65
Oakville, Missouri
3 attraction reviews
“excellent time”
Reviewed 25 February 2014

the men of our family decided to go out on the american spirit fishing boat. we were thoroughly impressed with the cleanliness of the boat and how informative and fun the crew was. best of all we caught fish! the crew was always there to help if we needed a hand and the boat was not as crowded as i thought a party boat would be. the mate bill was patient with a few of us guys and quick to go around and fix any tangles that happened. he also filleted our fish so quick!

Visited July 2013