“Great location, Great breakfast, beautiful place”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Destin - Miramar Beach
Ranked #7 of 38 Hotels in Destin
Reviewed 22 April 2011

Loved this place. It's a block off the busy main road and across the street from the beach. The rooms were large, very clean, and quiet. The rooms are set around an atrium which has very comfortable seating in the lobby. Delicious for just sitting and reading a book.

The breakfast which was included was the best we've ever had at a hotel. Almost everything you could want was cooked to order. In addition, there was a great happy hour which gave you the time to just sit and relax before going to dinner.

Next time we travel, we'll look for another Embassy Suites. Very happy with it.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank rosebus
Write a ReviewReviews (1,545)

Reviewed 18 April 2011

You pretty much know what you're going to get with an Embassy Suites. I would say this hotel was very consistent with others that I have stayed in. For an "off the beach" location, it was one of the better ones. All you had to do was walk out of the front entrance, cross the two-lane road and go through the beach access gate. Very easy. Room was a bit "tired" but good sized and clean. I agree with earlier reviews that they could stand to upgrade the T.V. It was an old box-type and had fuzzy reception. I travel to Destin often and we usually go the condo route. But if you're looking for a hotel (and there aren't that many down there with beach access), this is probably your best option. I'd stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank GirlUnderPar
Reviewed 2 April 2011

Stayed at this hotel rather than renting a condo for spring break with my family. I had never been to this area of Florida and was looking forward to it. Chose this hotel because of our previous experiences with Embassy Suites and the reviews here on Trip Advisor.

The hotel worked well for us and as with any long term stay there are some good and bad things you discover.

The Good:
The staff rocks! They were there to meet our every need and were very friendly.
The room was great. Perhaps a little bigger than the average Embassy Suite and was layed out good and very clean and well maintained.
Bed and room furnature were comfortable and in good shape.
The lobby/sitting area was fantastic! I tend to get up early and enjoy reading down in the lobby area, this area was superb.
Breakfast - again superb each and every morning.
Location - although the beach is across the street, there was access through a walkway and gate and it worked just fine. A couple of blocks from shopping and out of the hustle and bustle of commercial Destin.

The Bad:
They need to upgrade their internet service. Speed was a crawl and it made internet access painful. Although it was free, I would have prefered to buy it to get a speed above what I could do with a phone line.(seriously, I ran speedtest.net and could do better with a phone.)
Need to upgrade their TV's to flat screens with more channels and better reception. Many of the channels on the "cable" had terrible reception.
Manager's Reception food varied each night and there were more bad food nights than good.
Cleaning schedule - I understand that the room won't be taken care of the same time each day depending on bookings, etc, but it varied anywhere from 9:30 am to 4:00 pm. I would think they could develop a system to narrow that down a little.

Overall staying there worked well for our family.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank gobluechris
Reviewed 6 March 2011

The Embassy Suites in Miramar Beach is one of, if not the greatest hotel that I have had the pleasure to stay in. During my entire stay here, I felt completely relaxed and at ease. The atmosphere surrounding the hotel is so laid back and very family friendly. If you are in need of a release from any kind of stress, this is where you should go. Its location is simply beautiful, and not to mention within walking distance of the beach. To get there, you simply have to make the short walk across the street and you’ll be at one of the beautiful white beaches of Destin Florida. The beach near the hotel was never crowed, even though it was further down near the other hotels, which was very pleasant. The breakfast that was provided was not your average bagel and fruit, and I was very impressed by the quality. The dinners here were exceptional as well. At the end of my trip, I was very sad to be leaving after such and superb stay in such a fabulous hotel. I can honestly say that I can’t wait until I am able to book another stay at the Embassy Suites in Miramar Beach.

Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank miller_cody
Reviewed 27 February 2011

We recently sold our condominium in Destin and needed a place to stay for the night. We had driven past the Embassy Suites hundreds of times but didn't ever give it much thought. We were pleasantly surprised once we walked into the lobby. The atrium is beautiful and the nightly manager's cocktail reception, full breakfast in the morning and fridge/microwave kitchenette in the room makes it a great value and nice place to stay with a family when a condo isn't available or you want to stay close to the beach for a long weekend. I didn't give it an "excellent" rating as the pool is somewhat small and sits right next to the parking lot. Not the best pool setting but when you're in Destin, you need to be on the beautiful beach anyway.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HauteTraveler
Reviewed 10 January 2011

I stayed at the hotel for 2 days on a combination business/personal trip. We had planned to use the beautiful lobby area to make a video recording, but the ambient noise kept getting picked up on the recording. The hotel staff offered to let us use a conference room for 2 days to make the recording. They set up the room to our liking and didn't charge us to use the room. The staff at this facility is incredibly friendly and helpful!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank chris3257
EmbassySuitesDestin, Sales Coordinator at Embassy Suites by Hilton Destin - Miramar Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2011

Thank you so much for the kind review. We really enjoy treating our guests as family. I hope that you had a lovely time with your Father. We hope to see you and your brother soon. Many blessings from your family at Embassy Suites Destin-Miramar Beach.

Reviewed 16 November 2010

We LOVE this hotel. We have stayed here on 3 different occasions and everytime is as great as the trip before. The rooms are a nice size, the mini kitchen is great, LOVE the environment inside the hotel and its a very short walk to the water!! Can't wait to go back again.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank jenntn
Management response:Responded 23 November 2010

Thank you for the great review. We love it when our guests love our hotel as much as we do. Welcome back anytime!! From your Embassy Suites Destin family, Happy Thanksgiving.