This was my 3rd visit to the Embassy Suites Destin. It's about 15 minutes or so from the North FL Regional Airport, and is in a wonderful location! The beach is literally across the street, and beach access codes come with your room. The hotel has a beautiful and clean lobby and dining area, and I always look forward to how beautifully decorated everything is. The dining area serves a buffet breakfast with made-to-order omelettes, pancakes, and waffles, along with the standard scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, etc. A breakfast voucher is included with your room.
The rooms are spacious, with a generous living area and fold-out sofa bed, large bathroom, kitchenette area (microwave and refrigerator, no stove/oven), and large bedroom with an additional vanity/sink in the room. Wired internet is available, two televisions are provided, and a desk for business is also included.
For this particular stay, I was issued a room that didn't overlook the main lounge/dining area, which was okay because there was less noise, but there was absolutely no view. I also had several electrical outlets and a lamp that didn't work properly. Not typical at all for this hotel, so I didn't think it was fair to drop its rating for this incident (I had two perfect stays prior).
There are several restaurants nearby, though not necessarily within walking distance. The front desk agent recommended restaurants to us for dinner, although some evenings the manager has drinks and light fare. We took the agent's recommendation, and were very pleased with the results. There is also a nearby outdoor mall (Destin Commons) and an outlet mall with additional eating and shopping options.
Overall, I am still pleased with this hotel. It's not far from S.R. 98, but can't be seen from the road, so it may be less busy than other area hotels (I've visited in January, May, and August and this hotel never seemed crowded). I love this hotel and will definitely come again if I'm in back in town. It is indeed a hidden gem!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Embassy Suites Destin - Miramar Beach is an all-suite hotel featuring amenities designed to pamper our guests: We are across the street from the gorgeous Gulf of Mexico with a private beach access, complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast daily, complimentary Evening Reception nightly, Complimentary wired and wireless internet. Check in 4pm / Check out is 11am. Age Restrictions 25 to checkin. We are across the street from our lovely beach. 100 yards from our front door. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Destin - Miramar Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Destin - Miramar Beach Hotel Destin
- Destin Embassy Suites
- Embassy Suites By Hilton Destin - Miramar Beach Florida